• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Character Development Den (Questions)

Jazz, from Rooftops/Bleeding Edge: "Oh, that's easy. I was on a job a while back, and while I was chasing a target, my coat got snagged. In my hurry to get it un-snagged I dropped my favorite dagger, the one Jacob gave me when I was learning at his dojo. It was a really sweet dagger."

"Do you guys like super sweet and sappy stuff? I used to hate it when I was little, but romance novels are my guilty pleasure now. Nobody tell my dad, I'd be mortified."

"Oh, totally. I adore seeing the power of love and friendship save the day. We should all be celebrating the spirit of altruism and taking care of the weak and sickly. I can't come up with a single reason for not singing the praises of our wonderful society every morning, where the ones who reject our peaceful herd are safely removed from our midst and locked away until they conform or death erases their sorrowful selves from this world. After all, life is a gift and our fellow men our friends. It's impossible to be unhappy when embracing those truths." - Red 'We Live in a Society' Akai

"But enough about our heavenly civilization. If you could choose to be a mon, what species would you be? If you're already one, are you content with the kind you are?"

"I was a purrloin. I..." [I am part-pokémon, but not wholly.] "I do not know if this counts. I have never wanted to be a different pokémon, except to evolve into liepard. I always wanted to be human. Humans can speak, and read, and go anywhere and do anything. They can live in this world with power and freedom and knowledge. They can use television remotes and laptop computers. This is good. This opinion..." [This is a perspective opposite to the one implied by the question. It is...] "Oh, I remember. It's 'ironic', right? Yes?"
-Salem, purrloin-morph

What are you most proud of?

“Hmm… I’m not exactly proud of anything, to be honest. I’ve yet to become a true legend, I can’t unlock my inner power or something like this, and Cobalion keeps saying that I let my deep scars control me.” *pauses and tilts his head* “At least, this is what I think he said. It can be very hard to decipher his words, most of the times…” ~ Keldeo, from PxKH: Fateful Crossing

“So, if you could say something to your author, what would you say?”

"Some of your Western standards confuse me. Must I shout at him at anger, or can I skip straight to kicking him in the crotch?" -Kotone Karashina

"An old man offers you tea, but poses two rules. If you drink the tea, he hits you with his cane. If you don't drink the tea, he hits you with his cane. If you try to leave, he shoots you in the kneecaps and then hits you with his cane. What do you do?"

"I'd let him know what I think about his bullshit rules by snatching his cane and hitting him with it, see how he likes it. Maybe he's some kind of masochist?" - Kephi from Love and Other Nightmares

"Can you keep a secret? I need to know if I can trust you or not."

Kotone: "I don't care about keeping your secrets. I'll happily tell the person you're trying to keep it from, if it'll benefit me. Sorry."

Kotone, sensing danger: "Anybody, uh . . . got any phobias? I don't. Really."
Monster: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"I'm not afraid of anything!"
- Mirror Serena
...Except maybe for Aria... or her... because who wouldn't be scared by people like them...
...But wait a minute... that's even not a phobia; that's real... although I know some people who would try to call it that...
...Does it even count as a phobia if it's a person? Ah, whatever... I'm tired of answering questions. Let's ask one!

"Here's my question for you guys... what's the worst thing you've done to someone that you love? Or at least, someone that you really care about? Don't ask me how I came up with this question, by the way..."

“Um, lemme think…” *sways his tail left and right, appearing in deep thought, before raising quickly a front hoof* “Oh! Now I remember! There was that one time when I tried to give a free shower to Terrakion after a very tiring training section. Let’s just say that he wasn’t really happy about that, and I got quite the reprimand from Cobalion, eh…” ~ Keldeo, from PxKH: Fateful Crossing

*holds his hands behind his head*
“The worst thing I’ve done? Probably giving to Donald a saltwater ice cream instead of a sea salt one by mistake. He threw a very big tantrum afterward.” ~ Sora

“And what’s the difference between a saltwater ice cream and a sea salt ice cream?” ~ Keldeo

“Try out a saltwater ice cream and you’ll know.” ~ Sora

“So, here’s our question: what is or was your greatest success?”

"I finished my journey alone at the age of ten." -Shirona
"What about punching out Giratina?" -Chris
"Will you stop spreading that rumor?" -Shirona

"I once levitated the school bus for an hour to keep us from school." -Chris
"So that's why everyone calls you Chris the Annointed!" -Lena

"I went to an amusement park and didn't lose my mind." -Lena
"Kitten, you set a roller coaster on fire with your mind." -Shirona

"I once got Shirona to select an ice cream flavor in under four hours." -Kotone
"I think that's a little too godlike for them to believe." -Lena
"I am NOT that bad!" -Shirona

"You are trapped in a room where the door does not open if you turn the knob and pull. The window is too small for you to fit. The only thing in the room is a table. The only things in your pockets are a pack of bubble gum, a string, two pieces of lint, and a picture of a rodeo clown. How do you escape?"

"I'd say what Joanna did to me would certainly count. Illusions, nightmares, ripping and cracking me open time after time. It's true that I killed her and that it was probably excruciatingly painful for her when she died, but that doesn't justify it. Unlike me, she'd enjoyed her life up until that point. If anything, she deserved to die. Which makes her retaliation all the worse." - Red Akai

"Who or what do you hate the most?"

(Oh, what a lovely burst of activity in such a fun thread~!)

"I hate being unable to communicate. This means when I don't know the words I need. It also means when I cannot think of how to say something difficult or subtle. It also means when people will not listen even when I make sense with words." [Possibly the most frustrating thing is when my signing is perfect but the person I'm trying to say something to simply doesn't understand sign.] "So frustrating! So much!"
-Salem, purrloin-morph

What's an unpopular opinion of yours? Something that you believe, which most people, (even your friends and family,) wouldn't agree with?

Canis if you reply with Red that's cheating buddy

(I find it disappointing when people have their characters evade questions or decline to answer in a straightforward way. It might be 'in character' but it sort of defeats the purpose of having asked. Anybody got some thoughts on this? @Ghostsoul, do you consider this in the spirit of the thread?)

"I will not stop the trade. If my trainer doesn't want me, then I can't stay. But I will not stay with the new trainer unless they can show me they are good and kind." [This is possible, albeit unlikely given the circumstances.] "Because... I don't know them, but they might be a good person. This is a trainer who wants me."
-Salem, purrloin-morph

What's the greatest sacrifice you've made? Why?

"Oh, Joanna was definitely the greatest, with HIM taking over my body and absolutely wrecking her, it was amazing! Though if I have to also consider the consequences it brought, it'd probably be the very last and I'd split the crown between my very first and the --

Oh, you meant that kind of sacrifice! Sorry, my bad. Yeah, I don't know... there was Mt Silver, but I never intended for Him to... hm. It did serve as a sacrifice of sorts, introducing me to HIM and all HIS gifts with the price being His life... even if He did end up coming back just the way He used to be. Still, it's not like that whole thing didn't hurt. A lot. I guess I... sacrificed most of my optimism that day." - Red Akai

"What was your dream job when you were just a kid?"

“…What’s a job?” ~ Keldeo
“Oh, it’s a human thing. Basically, some activity to earn munny for various things, like food and services. Y’know, things like clerk and businessman?” ~ Sora
“Nope, I’ve got no clue. Sorry. I’ve yet to learn about all those human thingamajinkies.” ~ Keldeo
“Well, my dream job…” *scratches his head* “I don’t really recall it, to be honest. However, I think I wanted to become a pirate at some point. I know that it isn’t exactly a job, but it sounded really fun!” ~ Sora

“Now, what about talking about your favorite activity?”

@unrepentantAuthor

I never really had a 'spirit' in mind for this thread it's mostly used for authors themselves to develop their characters rather than for the person writing the question themselves to come up with a good question and get an answer back. Of course, if the character dodges the question and it's in character for them to do so then it's up to the person posting the answer if that suffices. If it's not and the author is dodging the question because they just can't think of anything then I guess it's not going to help them develop their own characters (which is mostly the point of this thread).

(Skip me, this has no actual question in it)

“Now, what about talking about your favorite activity?”

"Oh, I really can't narrow it down! I like hiking, archaeology, Pokemon battles, my wife, things that would make Kitten blush and stammer incoherently, ice cream, lounging on the beach, making criminals kneel at gunpoint and exe-" -Shirona
"Children might read this, Shiro." -Kotone
"- giving them a stern talking to. With my gun. Which yells a lot." -Shirona
"... that is somehow worse than saying you kill them." -Lena
"Hey, I'm not that good with children! I didn't even raise my own daughter!" -Shirona

"Speaking of not raising my daughter... What is one decision you made that you would change if you could?"

"Sometimes I wonder how different my life would've been if I hadn't become a bully. I'd probably be less defensive and stressed out all the time, and maybe I would actually have friends for a change. Or maybe I wouldn't have, and my childhood would've been even more miserable than it already is. Fun answer, huh?"
- Mirror Serena

"When was the last time that you cried? I can't remember the last time I did, but... *sniffle*...
...No, I'm not crying now!!!"

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom