• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Do you prefer the new redesigns?

• I love them!

Votes: 61 29.3%
  • I like the old ones better.

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • I like some of them, but like some of the old ones as well.

Votes: 89 42.8%
  • I'm really indifferent to this all.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • They just should have updated the old art rather than do redesigns.

Votes: 24 11.5%

• Total voters
View attachment 95590

Yup. I didn't notice at first either, until someone making fanart pointed it out. It's not really a big ponytail or anything, but it's not a tuft of hair either

I think that is just extra hair, actually. Looking at the Official artwork, and other screenshots, it doesn't really look like a ponytail. Hopefully they'll release some more screenshots so I can see for sure, though.

Wait is a pony tail. Ugh, more things to hate now. having a pony tail back there is a terrible hair style. I thought it was just tufts of hair just sitting on the back of her neck. like this picture. Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_May.png Her design just looks different, and now knowing there is a pony tail makes me wanna cry ;-; but I won't. If Customization comes back, I WILL FIX HER.

Seriously, I thought the games were about catching and raising Pokemon, beating crazy criminal organizations and becoming the champion, not looking at your pixel toon.

Seriously, I thought the games were about catching and raising Pokemon, beating crazy criminal organizations and becoming the champion, not looking at your pixel toon.
If you don't care about character designs, why are you even posting in this thread?

It is unnecessary, very very unnecessary. It. It bothers me too much ;_; It's just how she wears it too is just so bad.
I'm gonna have to play the originals and watch the Hoenn episodes just to wash that terribleness out of my eyes. Her legs look so skinny now that I think about it. Goodness May get some dang meat on those legs.

Prof. Birch though... he looks exactly the same, anyone know why? Did Oak or Elm get a "re-imagined" version of themselves? :/

Eh? Elm went from a geeky, stumpy looking guy to a lanky stubble chinned stud nerd. But really, Birch really has nowhere you can go, all they could have done is add a fedora.

I have a feeling that the team Aqua girl (I cant remember the name, if she has one) with the bare midriff will be changed when it comes to America.

Eh? Elm went from a geeky, stumpy looking guy to a lanky stubble chinned stud nerd. But really, Birch really has nowhere you can go, all they could have done is add a fedora.
From a stumpy to a stud? He barely changed.
Lol, I'm pretty sure Mitzman! was joking xP

But let's get back on topic. Brendan looks like his clothing design just went to another type of shirt. I don't understand why he's tan though. is it cause of the atmosphere in Hoenn I assume? :s

Oh good. I know minor stuff like that normally get changed, glad to hear they're leaving it be this time.

Oh good. I know minor stuff like that normally get changed, glad to hear they're leaving it be this time.

Are you sure? I can't think of any character that's had that happen. There have been some sprite changes, but I can't think of a single character who's had a design change upon coming overseas. Especially something as minor as a bare midriff.

From a stumpy to a stud? He barely changed.
File:professor Elm.png - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
File:HeartGold SoulSilver Professor Elm.png - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia
He's much lankier in his HGSS art compared to the GSC one.

Are you sure? I can't think of any character that's had that happen. There have been some sprite changes, but I can't think of a single character who's had a design change upon coming overseas. Especially something as minor as a bare midriff.

Lenora had her design changed. Also this. That's the only one I can remember.

I'm thinking more of characters from different anime/games. Mostly Yugioh artwork had alot of their art changed from being too revealing or showing a bare midriff.

Back
Top Bottom