• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

it was a point at unovian there, as for this team, i stand by adding nintales and making it a sun team. half the team benefits.

This is going to be a Gen. 5 UU Team

All I have right now is

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ U-turn
~ Fire Punch
My lead so far. U-Turn keeps opponents on their toes. It also serves as an easy switch in for an opponent. Standard STAB moves. Fire Punch to scare out Escavlier and hit Bronzong.

Rhyperior@Choice Band
Solid Rock
Adamant
160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Megahorn
~ Aqua Tail
He tears up the opposing team. Stone Edge and Earthquake are there for the STAB. Mega Horn takes care of SlowBro. Aqua Tail gets rid of Donphan and opposing Rhyperior.

Empoleon@Life Orb
Torrent
Modest
40 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
~ Agility
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
A late game sweeper. Agility allows it to outspeed some Choice Scarfers. While he has alot of counters they should be gone by the time he is needed.

All I have right now is

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ U-turn
~ Fire Punch
My lead so far. U-Turn keeps opponents on their toes. It also serves as an easy switch in for an opponent. Standard STAB moves. Fire Punch to scare out Escavlier and hit Bronzong.

Rhyperior@Choice Band
Solid Rock
Adamant
160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake
~ Megahorn
~ Aqua Tail
He tears up the opposing team. Stone Edge and Earthquake are there for the STAB. Mega Horn takes care of SlowBro. Aqua Tail gets rid of Donphan and opposing Rhyperior.

Empoleon@Life Orb
Torrent
Modest
40 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
~ Agility
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
A late game sweeper. Agility allows it to outspeed some Choice Scarfers. While he has alot of counters they should be gone by the time he is needed.

That's a pretty good team but it looks like it will have a hard time dealing with fighting types. How would you counter them?

Possibly with this:

Slowbro@Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold
248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
~ Scald
~ Psyshock
~ Slack Off
~ Thunder Wave

You don't seem to have anyone to set up entry hazards. Consider Mew to set up Stealth Rock. If Mew is difficult to obtain, try a Claydol or a Uxie.

Mew - Leftovers
Calm
252 HP | 252 Sp. Def | 4 Def
- Will-o-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Roost / Psychic

I'll try that Mew out! But, what should go in the last spot?

Hey!
Anyway, no time for introductions. Here's my team

Mamoswine (Physical Attacker)
Earthquake
Icicle Crash
Stone Edge
Ice Shard

Zoroark (Sweeper)
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Flamethrower
Sucker Punch

Tyranitar (Mixed Attcker)
Fire Blast
Crunch
Superpower
Stealth Rock

Lucario (Sweeper)
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Extreme Speed

So I have those four. What shall I finish the team with?

Hey!
Anyway, no time for introductions. Here's my team

Mamoswine (Physical Attacker)
Earthquake
Icicle Crash
Stone Edge
Ice Shard

Zoroark (Sweeper)
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Flamethrower
Sucker Punch

Tyranitar (Mixed Attcker)
Fire Blast
Crunch
Superpower
Stealth Rock

Lucario (Sweeper)
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Extreme Speed

So I have those four. What shall I finish the team with?

A cm Reuniclus and gliscor/scizor will be great additions for your team. Reuniclus is a great stall breaker and conkeldurr counter.

Gliscor can be used to take on some variants of Terrakion, which your team has some problems with. You can also alternatively use cb scizor to check terrakion and some more threats like salamence, etc.

While you have no room for it, I would also recommend bulky rotom-w instead of zoroark to take on gyarados who walls half of your team. Zoroark's illusion is broken easily by sandstorm damage, so it should be replaced.

hey i have been looking all over the the internet tyring to figure out what to take along as my 6th companion but its difficult.

this is my team

volcarona

hydreigon

scraffty

archeops

jellicent

i was thinking about a tyranitar because who cant say no to that face or maybe heracross bc he is so cool, but im trying to stay ballanced. im looking for a pokemon that is obtainable in game and is not legendary

hey i have been looking all over the the internet tyring to figure out what to take along as my 6th companion but its difficult.

this is my team

volcarona

hydreigon

scraffty

archeops

jellicent

i was thinking about a tyranitar because who cant say no to that face or maybe heracross bc he is so cool, but im trying to stay ballanced. im looking for a pokemon that is obtainable in game and is not legendary

Is this an ingame team or competitive?

since no one has answred ill asume you want more details.

archeops: jolly nature outstanding potential 31 ATK IV 252 EV IN ATK AND SPEED 4 IN HP
u turn
acrobatics
stone edge
earthquake

sraffty joll nature above average potential 31 ATK IV 252 EV IN ATK SPEED
dragon dance
hijump kick
crunch
????

hydreigon modest nature superior potential 31 HP AND DEF IV 252 EV SP.ATK AND SPEED 4HP
flamethrower
focus blast
dracometeor
u turn

volcarona modest nature outstanding potentail 31 IV SPEED 252 EV SP.ATK AND SPEED 4 HP
quiver dance
flamethrower/fiery dance
bug buzz
hurricane

jellicent modest nautre outstanding potential 31 IV HP 252 EV SP.ATK 172 HP AND 84 SPEED
waterspout/energy ball/ice beam
will o wisps
shadowball
surf

Last edited:
Finish my Team?

I've got:

Jolteon: Timid
Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Thunder Wave

Crobat: Jolly
Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Steel Wing, U-Turn

Ludicolo: Modest
Fake Out, Surf, Energy Ball, Ice Beam

Lucario: Modest
Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse

Heatmor: Modest
Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw

This is in game right? Either way, why have Hone Claws and Shadow Claw on that Modest Heatmor. The others are fine, I think you need a ground type though.

In game? Is there not a better move? Even so, the nature is Modest, so Shadow Claw will suck on that and by definition it's a wasted move and so is Hone Claws. I would suggest a physical Fire type to replace Heatmor and a ground type as mentioned.

try this one on for size, guys. i tried building a team, but since i suck at that, i bring the base to you. this is a modified lucario set i got from a friend. i'm also using deoxys-d to set up rocks and spikes.

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Night Shade

Lucario (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Just to explain this set a bit. It's main attacking move is extreme speed. Bullet Punch is for Terrakion and Gengar. Close Combat is some STAB coverage. Swords Dance is somewhat self explanatory.

So far, Jellicent is a big worry of mine, but being inexperienced as i am, i can't think of an effective way to counter it.

Crunch would fix your Jellicent problem. You would probably need to lose Extremespeed.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom