• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

Hello, I'm building a sandstorm team in BW OU. So far I have: Tyranitar to start the sandstorm. Breloom for a physical sweeper with Spore. Forretress to set up Toxic Spikes and Spikes.
Any suggestions for more Pokemon to add, or any Pokemon I should replace?

Last edited:
Hello, I'm building a sandstorm team in BW OU. So far I have: Tyranitar to start the sandstorm. Breloom for a physical sweeper with Spore. Forretress to set up Toxic Spikes and Spikes.
Any suggestions for more Pokemon to add, or any Pokemon I should replace?

Make sure tyranitar sets up stealth rock, foretress knows rapid spin, and you can easily fit landorus,scizor,terrakion,gliscor, etc. somewhere in your team.

@Easter Egg two things.

1. personally, on sand team, i use a BP gliscor with sand veil that Bps to a metagross. but i recommend scarf landorus as a physical attacker, and a rotom-w to counter rain teams.

2. aren't you a member of TeG over on serebii?

Hello!
I'd like to ask another question (BW OU)...
So, I'm planning a team. I have Celebi, Rotom-W and Heatran. I see that Blissey and Chansey would be a problem to these Pokemon, so I'm looking for a Fighting-type to help me counter Blissey and Chansey.
So...which one should I use? Conkeldurr, Terrakion, Cobalion or Virizion? Well, my mind's set on either Conkeldurr or Terrakion...but I prefer Terrakion due to its Speed.
Thanks!

Hello!
I'd like to ask another question (BW OU)...
So, I'm planning a team. I have Celebi, Rotom-W and Heatran. I see that Blissey and Chansey would be a problem to these Pokemon, so I'm looking for a Fighting-type to help me counter Blissey and Chansey.
So...which one should I use? Conkeldurr, Terrakion, Cobalion or Virizion? Well, my mind's set on either Conkeldurr or Terrakion...but I prefer Terrakion due to its Speed.
Thanks!

Of the fighting types you listed, Terrakion is best in the current metagame.

It depends on what your team needs more. If you don't have a revenge-killer, go with Scarf Terrakion. If you want something to hit hard with priority, Conkeldurr. Etc.

How's this team, it's a OU defensive based Sandstorm team. I'm willing to make any changes nessicary,

1. Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sandstorm
Careful
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

2. Reuniclus @ Flame Orb
Magic Guard
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
~ Trick
~ Calm Mind
~ Phychic
~ Recover

3. Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP/ 184 Def/ 72 Spe
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake*
~ Sustitute
~ Protect

4. Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed * || * *0 Spe IVs
252 HP/ 88 Def/ 68 SpD
~ Spikes
~ Leach Seed
~ Thunder Wave
~ Power Whip

5. Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
248 HP/ 100 SpD/ 160 Spe
~ Lava Plume
~ Roar
~ Protect
~ Toxic

6. Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP/ 232 Def/ 24 Spe
~Roost
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Brave Bird

How's this team, it's a OU defensive based Sandstorm team. I'm willing to make any changes nessicary,

1. Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Sandstorm
Careful
252 HP/ 4 Atk/ 252 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

2. Reuniclus @ Flame Orb
Magic Guard
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
~ Trick
~ Calm Mind
~ Phychic
~ Recover

3. Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 HP/ 184 Def/ 72 Spe
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake*
~ Sustitute
~ Protect

4. Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Relaxed * || * *0 Spe IVs
252 HP/ 88 Def/ 68 SpD
~ Spikes
~ Leach Seed
~ Thunder Wave
~ Power Whip

5. Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
248 HP/ 100 SpD/ 160 Spe
~ Lava Plume
~ Roar
~ Protect
~ Toxic

6. Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP/ 232 Def/ 24 Spe
~Roost
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Brave Bird

looks good at a glance, but it needs descriptions and its own thread since it's finished.

Okay so I'm looking for some advice on finishing my team for VGC '12 I'm going with a sun team. Here's what I have thus far. I'm flexible for input on anything really.

~~Ninetales~~
Iron ball
Quiet 252 spA/252 HP/4 def
Drought
-Heatwave
-solarbeam
-will-o-wisp
-protect

~~Typhlosion~~
Fire Gem
Timid 252 spA/252 spe/4 def
Blaze
-Eruption
-heatwave
-solarbeam
-protect

~~Whimsicott~~
Focus Sash
Timid 252 HP/252 spe/ 4 def
Prankster
-encore
-sunny day
-tailwind
-protect

~~Tangrowth~~
Leftovers
Impish 252 HP/252 def/ 4 atk
Chlorophyll
-Power whip
-sleep powder
-protect
-stun spore

~~Salamence~~
Choice specs
modest 252 spA/252 spe/4 hp
intimidate
-Draco meteor
-heatwave
-hydropump
-air cutter

I don't really know what to go with for the last slot. I'm thinking going with mamoswine, I feel that a solid strong physical attacking ice type really compliments the rest of the team but I could be off base here. Or perhaps latios? Any other suggestions?

well i don't know much about VGC, so i won't post any sets. but your team seems pretty well rounded. i notice this seems to be an offensively based team. you could try something defensive. again, i don't know much about VGC, so i'll recommend the defensive/specially defensive role to you.

Okay so I'm looking for some advice on finishing my team for VGC '12 I'm going with a sun team. Here's what I have thus far. I'm flexible for input on anything really.

~~Ninetales~~
Iron ball
Quiet 252 spA/252 HP/4 def
Drought
-Heatwave
-solarbeam
-will-o-wisp
-protect

~~Typhlosion~~
Fire Gem
Timid 252 spA/252 spe/4 def
Blaze
-Eruption
-heatwave
-solarbeam
-protect

~~Whimsicott~~
Focus Sash
Timid 252 HP/252 spe/ 4 def
Prankster
-encore
-sunny day
-tailwind
-protect

~~Tangrowth~~
Leftovers
Impish 252 HP/252 def/ 4 atk
Chlorophyll
-Power whip
-sleep powder
-protect
-stun spore

~~Salamence~~
Choice specs
modest 252 spA/252 spe/4 hp
intimidate
-Draco meteor
-heatwave
-hydropump
-air cutter

I don't really know what to go with for the last slot. I'm thinking going with mamoswine, I feel that a solid strong physical attacking ice type really compliments the rest of the team but I could be off base here. Or perhaps latios? Any other suggestions?

How do you deal with Tyranitar and Politoed?

okay I would like a strong normal type to complete the team that I came up with. It's just on paper. So far

Venusaur, Lanturn, Armaldo, Infernape, Bisharp

well, here's something me and some friends were talking about earlier.

you could try a snorlax. it gets belly drum and gluttony. held item sitris berry. but you need trick room to use it the best.

Yeah, Belly Drum does not work and you're missing out on lefties. Besides, Curse is just so pro. And I can't choose a sufficient Normal type for you unless you give your team's roles and what not.

charizard has run belly drum successfully in 4th gen, i think. bellyzard. but with a venusaur, wouldn't it be better to run a drought team?

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom