• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

i'd prefer not to lose extremespeed. the point is to send it in on a pokemon that's locked into a not very effective move by choice item or something, set up, then extreme speed everything. seeing as i still have 4 slots open, i'd prefer to fill those up before adding or not adding crunch.

Then if you think you have a Jellicent problem, build a team to counter it. But you have more than a Jellicent problem with two members of your team.

Exactly why I'm in the complete my team thread. So that my team can be completed.

I had an early version of this that i threw together to see what worked and what didn't. I've been toying around with Scrafty and Chandelure. I used Chandelure to take on fighting and fire type attacks that lucario is weak to. I had been using a choice set, though now I'm considering trying out an expert belt instead. so something along the lines of

Chandelure (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball

I've also tried Jirachi out, to limited success.

A Trick Reuniclus would work.
579.png

Ability: Magic Guard
Items:Toxic/Life/Flame orbs
-Trick
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power:Fire
-Focus Blast
EVs
252 HP
252Sp attk.
6 Spd.​

Hi I'm looking for help to get my NU team completed. I'm just gonna mention the pokemon and their roles because I usually just use standard movesets but its hard to get 6 pokemon that go well together.

1. Persian- my lead/scout

2. Electabuzz- scarfed revenge killer

3. Torterra- my banded pokemon, I guess you can call him my wall breaker

4. Kadabra- my life orb, substitute, magic guard sweeper. Can usually clean up weakened opponents

- I'm looking for 2 pokemon to be the physical and special walls, one or both should set up entry hazards (status inducers are also a must), and I would like one to be a rapid spinner. I've had some ideas like armaldo, frillish, regirock, garbordor, torkoal, misdreavus, sandslash. I would like 2 pokemon that can fit in well with the 4 I mentioned above and help support them, as well as take hits very very well especially from the likes of emboar, sawk and braviary. Thanks!

- I'm looking for 2 pokemon to be the physical and special walls, one or both should set up entry hazards (status inducers are also a must), and I would like one to be a rapid spinner. I've had some ideas like armaldo, frillish, regirock, garbordor, torkoal, misdreavus, sandslash. I would like 2 pokemon that can fit in well with the 4 I mentioned above and help support them, as well as take hits very very well especially from the likes of emboar, sawk and braviary. Thanks!

I imagine that Cryogonal (is it allowed?) is a suitable Special wall because it has Rapid Spin and immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and you could make it into a Dual Screen user. Only problem is that it can't take Physical hits. As for Physical wall, I guess Golbat with Eviolite? Not so sure about it, but you could try it.

Thanks for reading.

Hi I'm looking for help to get my NU team completed. I'm just gonna mention the pokemon and their roles because I usually just use standard movesets but its hard to get 6 pokemon that go well together.

1. Persian- my lead/scout

2. Electabuzz- scarfed revenge killer

3. Torterra- my banded pokemon, I guess you can call him my wall breaker

4. Kadabra- my life orb, substitute, magic guard sweeper. Can usually clean up weakened opponents

Armaldo is a great Physical wall in RU, can Rapid Spin and can set up rocks. It also handles Braviary rather well provided you play it right. Frillish works well alongside it and it beats Emboar and Sawk provided Emboar doesn't predict you and go for that banded Wild Bolt
@winstein ;'s suggestion of Cryogonal is allowed and would also be an alright alternative, but it can't beat Braviary, Emboar or Sawk unless you utilise the rest of the team as well. Golbat is still an option too though.

This is for anyone whose tried the new metagame, and knows about the Neo-Rain Offense. My goal is avoid using Amoongus (a bit overrated in my opinion), and avoiding using the Birds (although there are some scenarios where I understand that it is optimal) and not using Politoed at all.

Big O (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 44 Spd / 200 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Golurk is meant to be used as a spinblocker, although some predicting may be necessary in many a situation, I really want to try a Ghost with the ability to use Rocks.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my Spiker, and general Water counter. I don't want to be one of those people getting swept by Kingdra because they forgot to put a Ferrothorn on their team.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

If Tyranitar sucked, I would still use it. Luckily, T-tar is a beast. Not having to use SR on T-tar gives me more room on it's moveset, I might want Pursuit on it somewhere, but it may be too weak.

Jirachi
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Fire Punch

Jirachi is the specially defensive beast needed in this new world of a metagame, who supports the team with Wish and slows the enemy down.

I need a Ground Immunity so I don't get Landorus Swept, so I've been looking at Gyarados but I'm undecided between the Sub-Dance set and the Rest-talk set. I want a sweeper, but getting Hazard Damage could be helpful, so I'm not sure.

I also could use a Scarf or RP Landorus or Terrakion to get coverage or sweep so I'd appreciate the advice. I need something to deal with Skarmory too,

Last edited:
@Angad
Rotom - W is perfect for your team. I reccomend this set:

Rotom - W @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Levitate
6 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Hydro Pump | Volt Switch | Trick | Hidden Power Ice / Fire
Rotom completely destroys Landorus with its amazing ability, Levitate. You can cripple walls with Trick, and provide speedy attacks as a hit and run. Volt Switch or HP Fire also has the ability to take down skarmory.

@Angad

Rotom - W @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Levitate
Rotom completely destroys Landorus with its amazing ability, Levitate. You can cripple walls with Trick, and provide speedy attacks as a hit and run. Volt Switch or HP Fire also has the ability to take down skarmory.

New Metagame, right? Seems good enough, I can't believe I forgot about it.

@Angad

Rotom - W @ Choice Scarf
Timid | Levitate

New Metagame, right? Seems good enough, I can't believe I forgot about it.
Don't expect to one shot everything though. It's bulky, with minimal HP. Rotom is mainly just used for hit and run tactics or finish things off quickly. Instead of Trick, you can opt for Leftovers + Will - o - Wisp.

Another Pokemon that can work well for you is Dragonite, Salamence, or Hydreigon.

This is for anyone whose tried the new metagame, and knows about the Neo-Rain Offense. My goal is avoid using Amoongus (a bit overrated in my opinion), and avoiding using the Birds (although there are some scenarios where I understand that it is optimal) and not using Politoed at all.

Big O (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 44 Spd / 200 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Stealth Rock

Golurk is meant to be used as a spinblocker, although some predicting may be necessary in many a situation, I really want to try a Ghost with the ability to use Rocks.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my Spiker, and general Water counter. I don't want to be one of those people getting swept by Kingdra because they forgot to put a Ferrothorn on their team.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Superpower

If Tyranitar sucked, I would still use it. Luckily, T-tar is a beast. Not having to use SR on T-tar gives me more room on it's moveset, I might want Pursuit on it somewhere, but it may be too weak.

Jirachi
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Fire Punch

Jirachi is the specially defensive beast needed in this new world of a metagame, who supports the team with Wish and slows the enemy down.

I need a Ground Immunity so I don't get Landorus Swept, so I've been looking at Gyarados but I'm undecided between the Sub-Dance set and the Rest-talk set. I want a sweeper, but getting Hazard Damage could be helpful, so I'm not sure.

I also could use a Scarf or RP Landorus or Terrakion to get coverage or sweep so I'd appreciate the advice. I need something to deal with Skarmory too,

Watch out! A Clowncrete can wreak havoc over your team. I would definitely suggest rest-talk gyara.

Hello! I'm making my first competive team, a LC team. I'm creating the Pokemon from scratch too, so I'll include IVs. I'm trying to stay away from the three Fighting-Types: Mienfoo, Scraggy, and Timburr. I'm also staying away from Hidden Power. Note that the IVs shown are the highest possible IVs for that Pokemon. If you want to see the range, ask me.

Electrike

309.gif

Title: Sub Beam Electrike
Moves: Subsitude, Charge Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt
Ability: Lightingrod
Item: Oran Berry, Life Orb
IVs: 25/27/17/31/1/31

I don't really know how to do those little paragraph things, but I'll try. I'm running a Charge Beam + Subsitude set. I try to set up a Subsitude, then higher Electrike's Sp. Attack while doing damage with Charge Beam. Then once it's Sp. Attack is been raised, I'll use Thunderbolt. Flamethrower is on there for looks and covrage.

Snivy

495.gif

Title: Smart Alec Sweeper
Moves: Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Reflect, Light Screen
Ability: Contary
Item: Evolite
IVs: 31/17/27/31/29/31

I heard somewhere that Snivy can set up the corasponding screen, still take damage while seting up the screen, and still survive. Thats why I have the screens. I also have Leaf Storm and Giga Drain. Leaf Storm is a super move that only gets stronger due to Contrary, and Giga Drain for healing power.

Pawniard

624.gif

Title: Psychotic Ninja
Moves: Brick Break, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Iron Head
Ability: Defeint
Item: Choice Scarf (Thats painted black lol)
IVs: 14/31/31/9/1/31

Night Slash and Iron Head are self explainitory. One note is it's Night Slash because it's a Choice Scarf set. If Crogunk somehow doesn't carry Vacume Wave, then Pawniard can defeat it with Psycho Cut. Psycho Cut probley has other covrage possiblities too. Brick Break is also for covrage. Plus it's on Smogon sets.

Other Possible Canidates

Bronzor
Drifloon
Growlite

I need help looking for other Pokemon for this team, EVs for the team, and just plain suggestions about moves, items, ect. Thanks in advance!

Hi I'm looking for some help with my team, I was wondering if I should replace Sceptile with another pokemon, keep in mind I am playing soul silver.
Team:
Jolteon lvl 52: thunderbolt, double kick, thunder fang, bite
Empoleon lvl 51: brine, surf, aqua jet, ice beam
Arcanine lvl 50: crunch, flamethrower, heatwave, fire blast
Flygon lvl 51: earthquake, flamethrower, dragon claw, fly
Gallade lvl 52: night slash, psycho cut, brick break, swords dance
Sceptile lvl 50: slam, razor leaf, leaf blade, quick attack

Politoed
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spe

Scald
Hypnosis/Toxic
Encore/ Perish Song
Protect/Ice Beam/Focus Blast

Well, I've been thinking. The first part of the plan is to set the field by summon rain when its appears after Corsola, Gigarith,or Steelix starts things off with Stealth Rock to weaken the opponent's side. Giving the offensive Water-type pokemon the advantages like Floatzel with Swift Swim ability to double its speed and Gyarados. Hypnosis can help but with accuracy is at %60, Toxic can help also as it could weaken their defenses. However it won't work on Poison and Steel-types pokemon. Encore will force the opponent to be stuck on with one move. I don't know about Perish Song but I heard it cost its own life to bring down the opponent and that will be risky. Protect might be good since it can shield it from Electric, and Grass type attacks. Ice Beam just in case if it faces the Dragon and Grass types. Focus Blast also might be able to handle Tyranitar. But also can take out Steel,Dark,Ice,Rock,and Normal types. Although I've already planned to have a Milotic with Marvel Scale ability for great defense who can use the combination of Rest and Sleep Talk or the Recovery set such as Recover,Ice Beam,Scald,and Dragon Tail/Toxic or Haze. Its main purpose is to summon Rain permanently. I already aware that Kygore can summon rain easily. But I don't want them to think that I'm sort kind of a noob who have no skill without relying on the legendary pokemon. Kygore and Politoed are the only two pokemon that has the ability Drizzle. Sure Rain Dance can help but it's only temporary as it last for five turns. So what do you think?

Note: Now that I've realized that rain can help those use Thunder and Hurricane.

Hello, I'm working out my first team, and don't really know what to use in my last slot, so some suggestions would be much appreciated :). My current team is as follows:

Whimsicott
Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Stun Spore

Skarmory
Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability : Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Attack
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Blissey
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability : Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Defense / 252 Special Defense
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell/Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Chandelure
Chandelure (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower

Flygon
Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 4 / Attack 252 / Speed 252
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Hello, I'm working out my first team, and don't really know what to use in my last slot, so some suggestions would be much appreciated :). My current team is as follows:

Whimsicott
Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Stun Spore

Skarmory
Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability : Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Attack
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Blissey
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability : Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Defense / 252 Special Defense
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell/Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Chandelure
Chandelure (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower

Flygon
Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
EVs: HP 4 / Attack 252 / Speed 252
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpAtk)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stone Edge

Tenetacruel may be a good addition for the role of a spinner and also to take hits from Infernape.

Tenetacruel may be a good addition for the role of a spinner and also to take hits from Infernape.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was also suggested Starmie for a similar Spinner role from another site, so I'll choose between those. I'm leaning towards Starmie for preference, but if trying to breed that becomes too annoying I'll switch over to Tentacruel.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom