• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

That denseness got old rather quickly and now it is really annoying.

I also didn't find any of those instances funny.

Why he couldn't be more like Seiji from Da-Garn......
Voiced by Matsumoto Rica too, almost same tone, commands robots instead, intense and determined.....
But being a flirt often, seems like being two years older makes a world of difference.

That denseness got old rather quickly and now it is really annoying.

I also didn't find any of those instances funny.

Why he couldn't be more like Seiji from Da-Garn......
Voiced by Matsumoto Rica too, almost same tone, commands robots instead, intense and determined.....
But being a flirt often, seems like being two years older makes a world of difference.
LOL YES., it was boring and not even that funny
MEAN KIDS ARENT SO DENSE THESE DAYS I THINK.

I know there's absolutely no way this'll happen, but its a shame that Goh's goal to capture Mew isn't being used to flesh out either Jessie's character, Team Rocket or both. Jessie's mom-Miyamoto- left her when she was five to search for said Pokemon because she managed to get a recording of its voice. If the wiki is right then she actually did end up finding it and showed it a picture of Jessie to get it to let her capture it. But a blizzard hit and she's be presumed dead. Again I know none of this would never make it into the anime, I can't even remember the last time Jessie's backstory was refrenced, but it'd be pretty cool. Maybe in a world where the writing's more consistent something would've been brought up, Miyamoto might've even returned or whatever happened to her would've been found out.
Because that would mean the writers cared about doing anything with TR in JN and from what has been shown they don't.

Ten years olds usually know about this stuff.
Sure they may know about this stuff, but they generally don't care. Also, there's a difference between a small crush and actual love. Serena has a crush on Ash and it was treated like a gimmick for the most part. The gag itself didn't center around Ash's inability to pick up on her crush but rather her continuous misfortune regarding it. Not to mention how the only time the crush actually got taken seriously was with Serena’s kiss, and it even seemed to be implied that Ash at the very least understood what that meant.

I never understood what the big deal was about Ash being dense or whatever. These are ten years old kids in an anime for kids, of course they aren't going to know about love. Even the other characters exaggerate love for the purpose of a joke or gag: rarely is it actually taken seriously.

Sure they may know about this stuff, but they generally don't care. Also, there's a difference between a small crush and actual love. Serena has a crush on Ash and it was treated like a gimmick for the most part. The gag itself didn't center around Ash's inability to pick up on her crush but rather her continuous misfortune regarding it. Not to mention how the only time the crush actually got taken seriously was with Serena’s kiss, and it even seemed to be implied that Ash at the very least understood what that meant.

I never understood what the big deal was about Ash being dense or whatever. These are ten years old kids in an anime for kids, of course they aren't going to know about love. Even the other characters exaggerate love for the purpose of a joke or gag: rarely is it actually taken seriously.
I think people are annoyed cause it is not consistent in Satoshis case. I never understood why they made him dense in the first place. Like in BW and XY he was dense, but in SM and JN less thab usual. I think XY was focused on love so much cause it was based on France.

Other anime with crushes:I mean look at Naruto. Hitana also had a crush and Naruto only understood in the movie. And trust me, I have seen enough romantic anime to see when it is treated as a gag or not.

Tho I think what made Serenas crush on Satoshi interesting is that most members of the Japanse staff support it. Heck I even think Satoshis first English VA supporters Amourshipping IIRC.

Tho I have no clue what they will do if Serena ever returns. We have been discussing this over almost five years now.

I would have used Doraemon, and by extension any series by Fujiko Fujio, as an example.
Since the 10-years kid-hero that does have a crush on a childhood friend is practically both F and A's modus operandi.

Though, I am still against Shizuka being Nobita's Love Interest. He is both out of her league and too good for her.

I would have used Doraemon, and by extension any series by Fujiko Fujio, as an example.
Since the 10-years kid-hero that does have a crush on a childhood friend is practically both F and A's modus operandi.

Though, I am still against Shizuka being Nobita's Love Interest. He is both out of her league and too good for her.
Hmm is it that bad? . You know, I always had the feeling Satoshi cared alot for Serena in general, Serenas crush aside.

Hmm is it that bad? . You know, I always had the feeling Satoshi cared alot for Serena in general, Serenas crush aside.
I agree that he cares, and that's nice.

But I would never see them as more than that.

Thanks to the toxic fans that tried to force me to like the ship.

I agree that he cares, and that's nice.

But I would never see them as more than that.

Thanks to the toxic fans that tried to force me to like the ship.
Oh that is sad that some fans are pushy. You should ship who you like (in my opinion!). But the fact is, shipper or not, we still have the kiss situation. Will Serena return? Why postpone it so long?

Ash’s Charizard is stronger than Ash Greninja at its peak.

Unlike Charizard and Sceptile Greninja was never able to win a big battle. The Atlanta Falcons of Pokemon. (Sawyers Sceptile and Wulfrics Abomasnow are weaker compared to what Charizard and Sceptile have gone up against) Greninja beating Dianthas Gardevoir was plot armor.
Ash’s Kalos team is weak. The only reason the battle with Alain was so close because Pikachu carried and Alain’s Pokemon not named Charizard and Bisharp were not that strong. The battle against Alain shows Greninja has the least amount of endurance out of Ash’s Pokemon and is the least clutch out of any of his Pokemon as well.

Ash’s Charizard is stronger than Ash Greninja at its peak.

Unlike Charizard and Sceptile Greninja was never able to win a big battle. The Atlanta Falcons of Pokemon. (Sawyers Sceptile and Wulfrics Abomasnow are weaker compared to what Charizard and Sceptile have gone up against) Greninja beating Dianthas Gardevoir was plot armor.
Ash’s Kalos team is weak. The only reason the battle with Alain was so close because Pikachu carried and Alain’s Pokemon not named Charizard and Bisharp were not that strong. The battle against Alain shows Greninja has the least amount of endurance out of Ash’s Pokemon and is the least clutch out of any of his Pokemon as well.
Greninja didn't defeat Gardevoir tho

He simply knocked her down but he didn't knocked her out

If he had truly defeated her then her Mega would've completely disappeared. But alas Gardevoir was still a Mega

To this day I still wonder how the heck Diantha even became Champion.

She has next to no impressive feats.

If Ash came this close to defeating her Ace with Greninja not even at Full power then I'm certain that Alain would have no trouble blowing her away.

Yet watch as Journeys still has her as the Kalos Champion anyways

To this day I still wonder how the heck Diantha even became Champion.

She has next to no impressive feats.

If Ash came this close to defeating her Ace with Greninja not even at Full power then I'm certain that Alain would have no trouble blowing her away.

Yet watch as Journeys still has her as the Kalos Champion anyways
It would make sense if Alain was Champion by now, but the writers are too scared to do it

It would make sense if Alain was Champion by now, but the writers are too scared to do it
To be fair, I think that it would be a matter of sticking with the games rather than being too scared to make Alain the Champion. It's also hard to say if Diantha will even appear in the PWC. It's possible, but she doesn't seem to be one of the more popular Champions, so I could see them choosing someone else instead.

To be fair, I think that it would be a matter of sticking with the games rather than being too scared to make Alain the Champion. It's also hard to say if Diantha will even appear in the PWC. It's possible, but she doesn't seem to be one of the more popular Champions, so I could see them choosing someone else instead.
Hmm of course. But knowing Journeys you never know what they will do.

If they didn't make Tobias, aka the guy who has literal in-universe gods in his team, the Champion of Sinnoh, then there's no way Alain will get to be the Champion of Kalos, especially since he discarded his Charizardite X at the end of the XYZ saga and vowed to start over from scratch completely free of the influence of an evil team, thereby losing him a lot of his power. The reason for this is probably unsatisfying to many, but the fact of the matter is that Tobias and Alain aren't game characters while Cynthia and Diantha are, meaning the latter two have far greater marketing value for the franchise, so they are kept in their position as Champions of their respective regions basically because Merchandise Power (an unusual variant of Plot Armor) protects them.

Oh boy, how would the fandom have acted if Greninja beat Gardevoir-a Champion's ace-but still lose to Alain?
Satisfied.

(Hot take) Because that was a horrible showing on Diantha's part as Champion, spamming an ineffective non-STAB move when she had the super-effective Moonblast at her disposal; even at the climax of the fight she still called for, a bigger, Shadow Ball.

Back
Top Bottom