• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

In my opinion, Satoshi did not deserve to become "World Champion" because bending the rules especially for him was unfair to other M8 members.
Well, I understand the sentiment and agree with it on some level, we really should blame Leon for even deciding to let Ash use all of those gimmicks. Ash becoming World Chamion is really just a means to kick him out of the series, gracefully or otherwise.

Okay, I've been ruminating on this for a while, and I think a couple of people already said something similar, but I have thoughts regarding Sinnoh's Grand Festival: Dawn and Zoey probably should have swapped opponents in the semifinal rounds, if for no other reason besides the fact that Dawn never actually got to battle Nando directly but beats Jessie on a regular basis. This means that losing against Zoey in the final round wouldn't make her last win feel so hollow. Now, if there are concerns that Zoey would defeat Jessie too easily... well, if the writers wanted to emphazise the latter's skills, who is to say that they wouldn't have gone hog-wild with that matchup too? If anything it might have ended up benefitting Jessie as well and displayed how when she's doing something that isn't tied with criminality she can be pretty damn good.

It's a bit of an unrefined idea, true, but I think it would have been cool...

Okay, I've been ruminating on this for a while, and I think a couple of people already said something similar, but I have thoughts regarding Sinnoh's Grand Festival: Dawn and Zoey probably should have swapped opponents in the semifinal rounds, if for no other reason besides the fact that Dawn never actually got to battle Nando directly but beats Jessie on a regular basis. This means that losing against Zoey in the final round wouldn't make her last win feel so hollow. Now, if there are concerns that Zoey would defeat Jessie too easily... well, if the writers wanted to emphazise the latter's skills, who is to say that they wouldn't have gone hog-wild with that matchup too? If anything it might have ended up benefitting Jessie as well and displayed how when she's doing something that isn't tied with criminality she can be pretty damn good.

It's a bit of an unrefined idea, true, but I think it would have been cool...
If my memory serves me correctly: Wasn't the point of Zoey and Nando being paired meant to reflect on Zoey's stance against that idea that someone could be into Gyms and Contests?

If my memory serves me correctly: Wasn't the point of Zoey and Nando being paired meant to reflect on Zoey's stance against that idea that someone could be into Gyms and Contests?
Zoey didn’t like Nando’s stance of participating in both gyms & contests, but then he defeated her at the hearthome contest. Later on she admits to Ash in the sign ups for the Wallace Cup that she needed to learn from both contests and battles in order to get to the top and apologizes to him. By the time the Grand Festival arrives Zoey had already learned her lesson. I’m guessing Zoey defeating Nando was a way to end what they started and showcase that Zoey had also grown in her journey.

The only thing that may have made Zoey and Nando's battle more impactful is if we saw how Nando beat Zoey in their prior engagement. If we saw at least some part of how their battle went, we could be more invested in those two battling one another.

I don't know if it's controversial, but I didn't like Jigglypuff's comeback in SM. I thought it reappearing once in AG for the last time was a good send-off. And seeing doodles on faces of facesgives me nausea, especially with the SM artstyle (I don't like SM's artstyle but like I already said, it's not my most disliked thing about the series).

I don't know if it's controversial, but I didn't like Jigglypuff's comeback in SM. I thought it reappearing once in AG for the last time was a good send-off. And seeing doodles on faces of facesgives me nausea, especially with the SM artstyle (I don't like SM's artstyle but like I already said, it's not my most disliked thing about the series).
To be fair, it made sense in context considering that those episodes were about the 20th anniversary hence why they brought back Misty and Brock, even putting them in their original outfits so Jigglypuff’s appearance there was about OS fan service.

Back
Top Bottom