• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Wait, I didn't know people thought it was bad. I love Pokemon 2000. It's in my top 5 Pokemon movies.
Like I said, that's just the general opinion I got from my friends. They just thought it was pretty lackluster. I guess I had assumed that's how a lot of people felt. Sorry for assuming.

Like I said, that's just the general opinion I got from my friends. They just thought it was pretty lackluster. I guess I had assumed that's how a lot of people felt. Sorry for assuming.

Haha, no reason to say sorry. They seem to be the minority. It's a great movie imo.

It's the fifth best one for me. Max and Jirachi were delightful, whereas May and Manaphy were a boring retread with less payoff...

I should hope that this isn't controversial.

I really liked the Jirachi movie as well. Probably 5th place-ish for me as well. It was a charming movie with a pretty decent plot and ending twist.

The female traveling companions get too much harsh criticism.

-Misty does because of her lack of development, even though she was the first pokegirl to travel with Ash who the writers were predominantly focused on and had many other likable qualities and cool pokemon on her team.
-May does because her story arc was not considered realistic by some even though she broke barriers for the show in terms of pokegirl focus.
-Dawn does because of Piplup and those who may not have been fans of contests in DP or her rivals even though she had one of the best arcs.
-Iris does because her game counterpart champion status and Dragonite potentially ruined things and was apart of a not-so-liked Saga although she was brave and did battle more than Misty and Serena got a chance too.
-Serena does because she took too long to have a goal even though the writers did something creative and took a different approach.

Jessie's inclusion in the female companions' goals is beyond irritating. She already has a 'goal' with TR, and has no reason to interfere with the female characters and ruin their episodes.

@Johtohfiller Assuming you mean Ash's Charizard to give a cynical answer: nostalgia and the fact there is so much time between the important moments in it's "career". Those factors feed into each other greatly.

Zero from 11th movie was a great character he was the best human movie villain unless you count Molly.

@Johtohfiller Assuming you mean Ash's Charizard to give a cynical answer: nostalgia and the fact there is so much time between the important moments in it's "career". Those factors feed into each other greatly.

Zero from 11th movie was a great character he was the best human movie villain unless you count Molly.

Ash's Charizard, but also Charizards in general.

Brock was not boring and useless to me in DP. I would actually argue that he was handled better is that series than at least in Johto and all of AG. He had more participation in activities and events, such as the Pokémon Dress-Up Contest, the Hearthome Tag Battle Tournament, and had just as much involvement in the Team Galactic finale as Ash and Dawn did. Not to mention, also owning the most memorable Pokémon Team he's ever had. It was still for the better that he got booted off the show afterwards, however. I just think the writing team made the most of him in his last series, rather than the other way around.

Tobias was the best way to make Ash lose a league tournament - with a bang, against legendary Pokémon.

Last edited:
Objectively, I don't think most of the Pokemon films are actually any good. I only tend to watch them or have interest in them as I subjectively like the Pokemon franchise and the anime, but otherwise I would say most of them suffer from awkward/rushed/half-realised plot lines, poor character development, and over saturation of features for advertisement (which is understandable, but it sometimes it's at the detriment of the storyline).

-Gary should have beaten Ash at their 6 on 6 battle at the silver conference.
-Ash should have been replaced after XYZ because it seems 2nd place will be the highest he will get to (I hope I am wrong here though lol).
-Ash and friends should have started travelling together after leaving Akala Island.

-Brock was actually okay in DP.
-Team Rocket should be in every episode (not always major though)
-X/Y crew is overrated and boring compared to other group dynamics.
-Iris gets too much hate (not a fan of her either, but she isn't completely terrible)
-Ash doesn't need to win the league

Back
Top Bottom