• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Image result for i don't know her mariah gif gif't know her mariah gif gif

Seriously, there are like ~5 Tracey fans in total, so I feel like his lack of popularity is the reason why he can't even get a cameo these days.
I'm sure Tracy has a decent amount of fans, or at least people who care enough about him to want to know what he's up to. Even if he didn't have that many fans, there's no reason for him to go unmentioned.

And to expand on the whole world-building thing, remember how Alexa showed up during the Decolore Islands before the Kalos games were even a thing? What if they did that more often? For instance, with May being the daughter of Norman one could assume she and her family moved to Hoenn from Olivine City in Johto like in the games. So, what if while Ash was in Johto he and the group ran into May and her family before they moved? Or while the gang was traveling through Kanto so Ash could battle the Frontier Brains, they bumped into Paul a few times while he was training for the Indigo League?

Seriously, there are like ~5 Tracey fans in total, so I feel like his lack of popularity is the reason why he can't even get a cameo these days.
I don't think random assistants of other professors had a lot of fans, but they still appeared. If they can't get his VA, all they needed to do was show him in the background, it wouldn't even take any additional time. A scene focused on someone else and show Ash talking to him in the background, or even just showing him doing chores for a split second (because that's his job), just to show he exists would be very nice, and there really isn't any reason why not to (because some of us did like him). And that way, without any dialogue, to kids who don't know who he is, he's just another random professor assistant, so everybody wins.

Last edited:
I think SM is better than people give it credit for, it’s only problems is the lack of battles and Ash’s lackluster team. The main cast isn’t any less developed than past companions where Brock, Clemont, Serena, etc would all spend a large chunk of time not doing anything. I think dividing the role among 3 female leads was a good thing because it’s now not just one female with a personality carrying the show. All the other girls were pigeonholded into their personality archetypes because there was 1 each series. If you go back and rewatch the OS Misty and Brock don’t get much more focus than the SM cast and i think nostalgia clouds people’s judgement.

Mewtwo Strikes Back is my favorite Pokemon film because it's the darkest and my nostalgia goggles still fit so I'm a 100% toward the fact that it was the first anime I ever saw on 35mm. But the ending is a complete mess! Satoshi dies but since they clearly weren't allowed to show his corpse they had him get petrified (I suspect this because I don't think Pikachu would have been able to move him if he was completely stone). Then he's brought back to live because bunch of Pokemon cried, most of which had never even met him. On top of all of that, Mewtwo just erases everyone's memories so in the end nobody learned anything and there were no consequences.

While I'm at it, with the exception of Mewtwo I really hate it when the Pokmeon talk with telepathy. They're a lot more charming when they rely on gestures and expressions rather than dialogue.

Mewtwo Strikes Back is my favorite Pokemon film because it's the darkest and my nostalgia goggles still fit so I'm a 100% toward the fact that it was the first anime I ever saw on 35mm. But the ending is a complete mess! Satoshi dies but since they clearly weren't allowed to show his corpse they had him get petrified (I suspect this because I don't think Pikachu would have been able to move him if he was completely stone). Then he's brought back to live because bunch of Pokemon cried, most of which had never even met him. On top of all of that, Mewtwo just erases everyone's memories so in the end nobody learned anything and there were no consequences.

While I'm at it, with the exception of Mewtwo I really hate it when the Pokmeon talk with telepathy. They're a lot more charming when they rely on gestures and expressions rather than dialogue.
Well, the closest thing to continuity that I remember from this movie* without counting Mewtwo Returns is the fact that the fourth New Island trainer is still missing. As far as I know, they never showed what happened to her.

*Take it with a grain of salt.

I guess it's 'cause a lot of people agree with it.

I mean, I don't have that much of a problem with the Pikashinium-Z myself, since I tend not to sweat those sort of things, but some more explanation into its true nature would be nice.
Exactly. And it's because I trust that there will be an explanation that I fail to see the hatred towards it.

I gotta agree with that member who exposed the canker known as Pikashunium Z. I mean, I loathe Z Crystals in general, but the whole "Electrium Z turns into a Pikashunium Z and back whenever it's convenient" shtick was ridiculous and I'm pissed off that it was a plot device to beat Mimikyu that one time. Blatant DEM rubs me the wrong way.

Exactly. And it's because I trust that there will be an explanation that I fail to see the hatred towards it.

The hatred currently seems justified since, like I mentioned it is used for deux ex machina purposes, and no one has made a move for so many episodes towards finding out what it is.
Everyone (in universe) has just accepted it as a part of life.

So two things; One, I really don't like that the anime's has Giovanni being this overarching villain. If I remember right he and Ash have only met one in and that was in Unova. He one-shotted Pikachu with Persian, only to be defeated by a powered-up Electro Ball soon after. I just can't view this guy ass being the anime's 'big bad' when he's hardly done a damn thing.

Second, why didn't GIovanni want Togepi when the trio presented it to him? Team Rocket's all about stockpiling powerful Pokemon, yeah, but don't they also sell rare Pokemon? At that point in time Togepi was unheard, not even Professor Oak knew what it was so I doubt Giovanni knew its species too. A brand new Pokemon, previously unknown Pokemon is handed to him and yet he doesn't even think about taking it. Coulda been a legendary for all he knew.

So two things; One, I really don't like that the anime's has Giovanni being this overarching villain. If I remember right he and Ash have only met one in and that was in Unova. He one-shotted Pikachu with Persian, only to be defeated by a powered-up Electro Ball soon after. I just can't view this guy ass being the anime's 'big bad' when he's hardly done a damn thing.

Second, why didn't GIovanni want Togepi when the trio presented it to him? Team Rocket's all about stockpiling powerful Pokemon, yeah, but don't they also sell rare Pokemon? At that point in time Togepi was unheard, not even Professor Oak knew what it was so I doubt Giovanni knew its species too. A brand new Pokemon, previously unknown Pokemon is handed to him and yet he doesn't even think about taking it. Coulda been a legendary for all he knew.
EXACTLY. Lol. From a technicall perspective tho, him accepting Togepi would be one victory for TRio which isn't what the writers apparently wanted at this point.

EXACTLY. Lol. From a technicall perspective tho, him accepting Togepi would be one victory for TRio which isn't what the writers apparently wanted at this point.
Yeah. The writers made Giovanni reject it simply to make the Rocket trio comically fail, even when they seemed to have succeeded at last. Which is dumb, since it doesn't even make sense for above reasons and makes Giovanni look stupider than he should be.

Yeah. The writers made Giovanni reject it simply to make the Rocket trio comically fail, even when they seemed to have succeeded at last. Which is dumb, since it doesn't even make sense for above reasons and makes Giovanni look stupider than he should be.

He probably regrets it now; Togekiss is no slouch. :LOL:

I'm not sure if this is controversial, but I think that the Necrozma arc is better than the Aether Foundation arc. I think it is paced a bit better, the resolution is more satisfying and Poipole's farewell is a pretty emotional scene. Everyone in Alola sharing their energy to fully restore Necrozma is pretty touching and fitting with Alola's culture. Plus, it was kind of refreshing that the resolution wasn't just up to Ash and his friends. They obviously helped a lot of with their own Z-Moves, but everyone needed to help. While there's a pretty decent chance at least that Poipole could come back, the farewell was still pretty sad. It was mainly there as a cute way to setup for this arc, but the connection between Ash, Pikachu and Poipole felt believable enough to where having to say goodbye would be sad for all of them. Ash's heartbroken expression and joy at seeing Poipole's farewell drawing also sold off the scene pretty nicely for me. It was overall a pretty solid arc.

Back
Top Bottom