• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Controversial opinions

Dent is the worst travel companion Satoshi ever had. I actually prefer Iris and Kenji to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the 20th movie, I actually liked "I choose you" more than "Oracion" as an ending song. Rest of english OST still sucks though.

Serena has a very materialistic view on Pokemon.

Giving away Ash-Greninja to the games forms the climax of the identity crisis of Pokemon games, which started in Gen V. Adding it makes me take the games not seriously anymore.

Mega Evolution is the worst thing. Ever.

XY(&Z) isn't any better than BW.

XY&Z is the worst Shonen anime to date.

AG has the worst fillers and is the worst series (Battle Frontier not included).

The DP series should have been named as AG, simply because it's the season in which Ash was at his best and the storyline was very entertaining.

AG doesn't deserve its title at all. There was nothing advanced about it. In fact, Ash was way less advanced in AG than in Johto. Not to mention the ridiculous storyline, like unnecessarily delaying the Magma vs. Aqua thing.

Ash, Jessie and James: their eye redesign made them look soulless.

Jessie & James look too smart with their redesigned eyes.

Bonnie was cringy.

The BGMs that were composed exclusively for the Dub version of the BF and especially the DP series had more soul than the Sub version (listen to the masterpiece that is Paul's theme). And those BGMs are too good for an anime like Pokemon.

DP's art style is the best and always should have been kept.

I've always kept my standards very low when watching Pokemon anime.

Hunter J is bae.

Jynx gets too much hate.

Last edited:
-The 4Kids dub is all right but overrated. The TPCi dub feels underrated in comparison.
-The Kalos League was the second least embarrassing loss for Ash, second only to the Johto League.
-A released Pokémon is a better conclusion than forcing it to indefinitely rot with another Trainer or at the lab/HQ.
-The Celebi and Deoxys movies are my favorite.

-A released Pokémon is a better conclusion than forcing it to indefinitely rot with another Trainer or at the lab/HQ.

Controversial opinion: almost all scenes of a trainer entrusting his/her Pokemon to another trainer were handled very well.

Last edited:
@Diamond & Pearl; AG was called Advance because it was on the Gameboy Advance unlike D/P/PT that was on the DS.

Ash shouldn't have traveled with Cilan or Iris and instead should have travelled with Hilda and someone else.

Back
Top Bottom