• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

white is female, sinc ethe black one is using miracle eye.

Meowstick (or whatever) is my new fav pokemon.

MegaGarchomp...no.

MegaMewtwo X is ok, I like its typing.

Most of the changes in the type chart were expected. Yay for GF giving the Ice-type the middle finger...

Can't say I like the starters' evolutions, although Froakie's is better than the other two. Mud Shot, Psyshock and Bounce huh? Could they end up as Grass/Ground, Fire/Psychic and Water/Flying types?

I love the two new fossil pokemon. Great typings and designs.

no

water/flying gives it super effective stab on both starters

MegaGarchomp...no.

Most of the changes in the type chart were expected. Yay for GF giving the Ice-type the middle finger...

Can't say I like the starters' evolutions, although Froakie's is better than the other two. Mud Shot, Psyshock and Bounce huh? Could they end up as Grass/Ground, Fire/Psychic and Water/Flying types?

no

How is that stopping it?

But I think Froakie learns bounce because it's a frog. I'd be pleased with Chespin becoming Grass/Ground

Really liking the new fossils, especially the Rock/Dragon T-Rex, that thing is going to be awesome (minus its ineffectiveness against Fairy, of course).

As far as the type chart goes, I like that most of the problems of the old ones are fixed, but they could've done a bit better, Ice is still lacking resistances, Dark didn't have much reason to be weak to Fairy, and Bug didn't have much reason to be resisted by Fairy.

Finally, as much as I love Garchomp... why give a Mega Evolution to the Pokémon that is already so overpowered that it's one of the few non-legendary on the Übers tier? I don't want to see what a beast it will become!

Not to mention that it's the only Ground type pseudo legend, and Ground benefits the most from this new type chart being Super effective against all of the major Fairy counters (Fire, Poison, and Steel).

Yeah, kinda why I was hoping Xerneas would be Grass/Fairy to balance with Yvetal's Dark/Flying before we knew their types.

I guess it doesn't matter though, with Kyogre having an advantage over Groudon.
omg one of the legendaries has an advantage over the other again hoenn confirmed

Does anyone have a translation of what the names of the new Pokemon mean when translated to English (particularly the Starter Evos)?

Also, Chigorasu may just be my favorite new Pokemon. I didn't get the Stego I wanted in this Gen, but it seems I'll finally get the T-Rex. I wonder what it'll look like evolved...?

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but doesn't this look like like it isn't Yvetal? It looks like some kind of a bug Pokemon, sort-of like Butterfree.

what_is_it.PNG

[edit]

Wait, it is Vivillion. I feel silly now.

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but doesn't this look like like it isn't Yvetal? It looks like some kind of a bug Pokemon, sort-of like Butterfree.

View attachment 89900
It's Vivillon, the new Kalos butterfly Pokemon.

Of my favorite Pokemon revealed, it would have to be the cat, love what they did with the gender differences.

MegaGarchomp...no.

no

How is that stopping it?

But I think Froakie learns bounce because it's a frog. I'd be pleased with Chespin becoming Grass/Ground

it gives froakie normal damage from grass which destroys the point of being a water type.

no

Just like how Infernape has s.e. stab against both Torterra and Empoleon?

Although I agree with @Rainbow;, Water/Flying is still a possibility (even though the leaks suggest against it).

it gives froakie normal damage from grass which destroys the point of being a water type.

So there was no point in Empoleon being a Water type either?
empoleon was given steel type to be weak to torterras ground moves and infernapes fighting moves, same as infernape is weak to torterra and empoleon

torterra however is special because water/ice for a steel penguin makes 0 sense.

Hmm I'm not sure how I feel about Fennekin's evolution being bipedal. Although, I'm not exactly sure what it would look like on 4 legs. XD It was a nice surprise! I wasn't happy at all with Chespin's 2nd evo...Chespin's so cute and then it turns into a ball with a big nose. I'm liking Amarusu! I think I might add it to my team! :)

Hmm I'm not sure how I feel about Fennekin's evolution being bipedal. Although, I'm not exactly sure what it would look like on 4 legs. XD It was a nice surprise! I wasn't happy at all with Chespin's 2nd evo...Chespin's so cute and then it turns into a ball with a big nose. I'm liking Amarusu! I think I might add it to my team! :)
@Foxeaf; drew art for it on four legs

fennekin_evolution_by_foxeaf-d6lvnh3.png

I think it looks good either way, though.

It looks pretty nice on fours legs and that shows how great its design is. I still prefer it being bipedal though :3

Maybe it's because of the warmer colors and serious face, but I prefer that so much more than it being bipedal.

Back
Top Bottom