• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Not for XY Anime Discussion)

Why does every Fire-type starter have to stand up? Tailunar looks cool, but I love quadrupedal Pokemon...I hope it's like Typhlosion and Infernape in that they can walk both ways, and its model better reflect this when it's attacking.

Probably for the same unknown reason all Grass-type starters are reptiles or have some reptile-like feature (Chespin's tail). I love bipedal Pokémon and usually find quadrupedal boring as heck, so I am quite glad Tailunar (nice!) is bipedal.

If I am not wrong, in the anime poster that corocoro showed today there were Ash Serena and Clemont ?

Aww man, my little Fennekin turns bipedal... I was really hoping for a quadruped this time. I'll pick Fennekin anyways, cuz I just love that little fox!

Last edited:
So Mewtwo is getting a SECOND mega evolution?

150Mewtwo-Mega_X.png

Well there's a surprise. Didn't expect that, to be honest.
Dem toes... what?

I love bipedal Pokémon and usually find quadrupedal boring as heck, so I am quite glad Tailunar (nice!) is bipedal.

That's an extreme generalization. How is a majority of quadrupedal Pokemon (a large chunk of the national dex) boring as heck? Just as a side note, I was hoping that they would break the mold and introduce a quadrupedal Fire starter the same way they broke the mold with Grass starters being reptiles. Unfortunately, it seems Gekogashira is the fastest of the three, and I was hoping that Fennekin being a quadrupedal fox would be an indication that its final form would outspeed the other two and defeat them with its STAB Fire and Psychic moves. Maybe they all have the same speed to keep balance, but Haribogue makes me doubt that.

I love bipedal Pokémon and usually find quadrupedal boring as heck, so I am quite glad Tailunar (nice!) is bipedal.

That's an extreme generalization. How is a majority of quadrupedal Pokemon (a large chunk of the national dex) boring as heck? Just as a side note, I was hoping that they would break the mold and introduce a quadrupedal Fire starter the same way they broke the mold with Grass starters being reptiles. Unfortunately, it seems Gekogashira is the fastest of the three, and I was hoping that Fennekin being a quadrupedal fox would be an indication that its final form would outspeed the other two and defeat them with its STAB Fire and Psychic moves. Maybe they all have the same speed to keep balance, but Haribogue makes me doubt that.

It is not really an extreme generalization, it is called "my opinion". I didn't say that they are boring as heck as if it was a fact. Instead, I said that I find they boring as heck, implying that it's only my view of things, my personal opinion. The only quadrupedal Pokémon I enjoy are Venusaur, Luxray and Lapras, if it counts.

Ok, I thing someone made a mistake during translation. I looked at the scans again. Fennekin 2nd stage learn Psyshock, not Psycho Cut.

Also, Serebii was right, Pokebeach and Bulbanews was wrong. The Meowstick on the left is female, offensive. The one on the right is male, defensive.

Re: CoroCoro Discussion Thread

I really like both the fossil pokemon, I was hoping we'd move away from dinosaur-esque designs but I'm really happy with these two. So far, this gen really upped the ante with the new pokemon designs. They are much stronger than last gen's.
ah no, their equal.

Different strokes for different folks! Didn't care for last gen's designs overall but I'm loving almost every pokemon from this gen.
Gen 5 was too.

FINALLY, fossils who are actual dinosaurs! (and new type combos!)

Is that stick in the Fennekin evo's tail supposed to be a wand? Wizard confirmed? And the Froakie evo looks good... Maybe that's who I'll pick the second time around.

Few surprises with the type chart. The rumors were pretty accurate.

What an interesting rationale to make two Mega Mewtwos. Why did they wanna showcase the Y version in the movie?

What a surprise to wake up to.

After all the rumours of a secondary Mewtwo mega evolution, I'm not too surprised. Mega Garchomp looks...insane.
The new fossils look pretty awesome. Finally! Some more dinosaur Pokemon. Their dual-typing is fresh as well - Rock/Dragon & Rock/Ice.
Nyoanikisu sounds so interesting, too. I'm definitely getting one on my team.

I...don't know what to make of the starter evolutions, though. I'll wait until we see the HQ artwork and english names etc first.

Did anyone but me notice the negative space on the type chart large enough for another type? It could be a printing error... but it seems a little off for an error.

So, Fairy is SE against Dark. A minute of silence for Hydreigon

also, it's the end of Wondertomb/Wondereye jokes

Did anyone but me notice the negative space on the type chart large enough for another type? It could be a printing error... but it seems a little off for an error.

Given that there's no matching gap on the right, I doubt it means anything.

So, Fairy is SE against Dark. A minute of silence for Hydreigon

also, it's the end of Wondertomb/Wondereye jokes

You're right, it pretty much means that ghost/dark type combo resistance plus sableeye hacks (wohoo on that part).

As for Froakie's evolution, this song plays in my head whenever I see it: Link

Back
Top Bottom