• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Unless they are hinting at a new gen 7 mechanic.
"Hinting" at a game mechanic would be something like using one of the diamonds from the Japanese boxarts. They aren't doing anything like that, going as far as to treat the transformation as something that originated in Kalos.

"Hinting" at a game mechanic would be something like using one of the diamonds from the Japanese boxarts. They aren't doing anything like that, going as far as to treat the transformation as something that originated in Kalos.
In the anime, you mean. The transformation originated in the Kalos in the anime. As far as the games are concerned, this transformation could still very well be a hint of what's to come in the games.

Unless they are hinting at a new gen 7 mechanic.

My point, as I stated earlier.

Ash Greninja is already serving its purpose in the anime. They aren't really "hinting" at something else.

And Shuffle, and Picross, and the TCG? It's even getting its own TCG box (or already has one, I forget exactly when the release is). If it's an anime exclusive, then why is there so much other use of it?

Yeah, I do recall on there having a box of it. Not to mention that it was also in Tretta. If it was only anime exclusive, why are they making a big deal out of this? In another discussion, I recalled this form being similar to some Sinnoh myths and how they described humans and Pokemon being so close together and becoming one. (I'm not saying Sinnoh confirmed) but either these crystals will be a new mechanic that'll only apply to the starters (technically, they're the 1st pokemon you get, so you get to develop that close bond to them) or... something related to the legendaries.. trying to find if their colors match the crystals, but not so far with "Lunaala".. the only part that's light blue is the glowing part in it's chest

If it's an anime exclusive, then why is there so much other use of it?
If it was only anime exclusive, why are they making a big deal out of this?
It has yet to appear in a 'serious' video game setting yet. Tretta, Shuffle, and Picross are all spinoffs where its appearances can be attributed to the fact that Greninja (and/or Ash-Greninja specifically) is popular. The TCG is interesting, however it doesn't have a direct match to the games (see: Break evolution). Why has it appeared everywhere? Probably because it's easy to take advantage of Greninja's popularity.

For now there's really nothing to suggest that it's anything but an anime exclusive way for Ash to play with Mega Evolution without actually having to have Mega Evolution, especially given how the anime has handled the Synchro stuff and M. Evo in general.

While I do see what you mean about Pokemon becoming a worldwide brand, and I'm happy about that, I disagree about the surprise factor. Personally, I think the suprise factor has been lost be the way they're handling it now. Now, we know exactly when we're getting news, and there's no reason to be surprised. I like leaks simply because we never know when the news will drop. To me, the most exciting thing about any pre-release period is not knowing when news will drop simply because we could get news at any moment. With the scheduled updates, there's less reason to expect news at other times, and therefore less reason to be hyped any other day.

I think Corocoro's constant teasing was their way of keeping Sun and Moon fresh in our minds during the early days of the prerelease. I'm not saying that it's a good thing however, quite the opposite when you consider that the fandom, after a year with virtually no gaming news beyond the zygarde formes and ash-greninja (see next paragraph) is likely to react angrily just as you have. The first three months of the BW (Feb-May 2010) and XY (Jan-April 2013) had no news whatsoever (except for sylveon being shown in the case of the latter). In this day and age, the less-hardcore fans will drift away if you don't keep their attention, this was their way of doing so.

As for the zygarde formes and Ash-greninja, they have types given in the official site, and have appeared in Shuffle, Picross, the TCG and the anime. it's safe to say they'll be in Sun and Moon. I think the postgame "episode" will be a Zygarde-themed return to Kalos. Ash-greninja on the other hand, is in my opinon an example of a new form of evolution that'll be in Sun and Moon. There is a precedent for this, Ash took Aipom to Sinnoh, Aipom later got a Gen IV evo (Ambipom) that said Aipom evolved into.
Sure we know that we're getting news but what they show can still be surprising given nothing leaks before hand

[QUOTE="Zygardereign, post: 5871443, member: 85399"In another discussion, I recalled this form being similar to some Sinnoh myths and how they described humans and Pokemon being so close together and becoming one.[/QUOTE]

This closest I can find it this:

"Sinnoh Folk Story 3"
There once were Pokémon that
became very close to humans.
There once were humans and Pokémon
that ate together at the same table.
It was a time when there existed no
differences to distinguish the two.

Which IIRC is referencing that Pokemon and humans used to marry in the past.

I wonder what next corocoro would bring? I know that we are getting new info on the second of June.

I wonder what next corocoro would bring? I know that we are getting new info on the second of June.
It's ether a repeat of what we seen in June 2, some things that we didn't see, or just a little bit of the Volcanion movie and the rest of the magazine dedicated to Yokai Watch.

I don't think they will reveal anything new through CoroCoro this month. We have the official reveal on 2 June. Maybe next month we will get something throught the magazine if they don't schedule a monthly reveal pattern.

I expect the July edition to bring only a recap of tomorrow's news and maaaaaaaaaybe a couple other small details. Maybe even a new picture for us to spend a day disecting. But at this point I am becoming convinced the era of Coro Coro reveals is coming to a close.

Official art! Aw, they're so cute. I'm looking forward to learning more about Lillie and Hau as well.

I'm honestly expecting them to just talk more about the Volcanion movie, say "Huge scoop next month", then focus more on Yokai Watch.
I think that since we've got the region map they may do a two page spread like they used to, but I can't imagine there being much in the way of new info.

Promising to be the main news source for Sun/Moon in last month's issue is a big statement to make. Evidently we have to get SOMETHING new besides an evaluation of what we just got from the new trailers ect.

One would think that's the case and if CoroCoro actually does provide some more news, then that would be wonderful. After quite a few lackluster months of pretty much nothing, I don't have a lot of faith in the magazine right now. Even claiming to be the main news source for Sun/Moon is kind of ridiculous when they have spent three months promising to have a big scoop only to have nothing. I'll believe it when I see it.

One would think that's the case and if CoroCoro actually does provide some more news, then that would be wonderful. After quite a few lackluster months of pretty much nothing, I don't have a lot of faith in the magazine right now. Even claiming to be the main news source for Sun/Moon is kind of ridiculous when they have spent three months promising to have a big scoop only to have nothing. I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree, but I feel because this is the first time they've mentioned that they are/will now be the MAIN source for the info........ if this month's really doesn't provide anything new, then I'll rule it out completely... but then it's like, what do we consider really "new" ? It could be thee tiiiiniest bit of info, added onto something we just found out about in the trailer.

I'm personally defining it by them mentioning something akin to the trailer revealing the Rotom-Dex (even though it's much to my dislike). A new feature reveal or new Pokémon makes sense... because if it's a Pokémon, they can reveal it's in-game footage in the next trailers we get? Which I think is July 7th or something right? when it's out (if need be). Again though, that's still hard to say because as of now, the direct-reveals through youtube and official sites have hindered Corocoro's need to even bother with Pokémon at this point. A few days 'til the leaks though, so not long...

I agree, but I feel because this is the first time they've mentioned that they are/will now be the MAIN source for the info........ if this month's really doesn't provide anything new, then I'll rule it out completely... but then it's like, what do we consider really "new" ? It could be thee tiiiiniest bit of info, added onto something we just found out about in the trailer.

I'm personally defining it by them mentioning something akin to the trailer revealing the Rotom-Dex (even though it's much to my dislike). A new feature reveal or new Pokémon makes sense... because if it's a Pokémon, they can reveal it's in-game footage in the next trailers we get? Which I think is July 7th or something right? when it's out (if need be). Again though, that's still hard to say because as of now, the direct-reveals through youtube and official sites have hindered Corocoro's need to even bother with Pokémon at this point. A few days 'til the leaks though, so not long...

Pretty much anything not covered in the official reveals/official site I think would be considered new. Expanding on details/concepts that have been revealed, like say confirming that we can change outfits, would also count as something new. They could still showcase some new Pokemon since I think that official sites have been updated more than once a month in other pre-release seasons, but with the direct reveals, I'm not sure if TPCI wants CoroCoro to include brand new Pokemon in their issues, even with their claim of being the main source of info. I'm sure that they're happy about getting to officially reveal new Pokemon first and I honestly like that as well. It makes the trailers more surprising and enjoyable that way. It's one reason why I wouldn't mind it if the days of CoroCoro leaks are over.

The leaks should start coming either sometime this weekend or next week at the latest, so it won't take too long to see if CoroCoro can really back up their claim of being the main source of information or if that was an attempt to keep more interest in the magazine beyond Yokai Watch stuff.

Reminder we are due Corocoro within a few days and quite possibly before E3's treehouse event. We know from Masuda that it will have some information on Magearna, but anything more than that is unknown. So it may cover the things going to be shown at E3, it may have its own exclusive news or it may have nothing else at all we'll have to see, but it's due pretty soon.

Reminder we are due Corocoro within a few days and quite possibly before E3's treehouse event. We know from Masuda that it will have some information on Magearna, but anything more than that is unknown. So it may cover the things going to be shown at E3, it may have its own exclusive news or it may have nothing else at all we'll have to see, but it's due pretty soon.

We certainly are. It's the 10th morning in Japan atm, if there is news, we coould get it as early as in about 24 hours or so (11th morning in Japan). The E3 treehouse doesn't start until 1am JST on the 15th, by which point Corocoro leaks will definitely be out. There may not be anything new in them, but Corocoro will precede E3.

Back
Top Bottom