• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

Especially considering that every other Hoenn legendary except Jirachi and Deoxys has gotten one.
That is hardly a winning argument. It would be boring if every Hoenn legendary had a Mega Evolution.

Regigigas, on the other hand, is from another generation and it simply needs to get rid of Slow Start. It's supposed to be the Regis' leader, and yet it is outclassed by them.

In all fairness, the regis are kind of the gimp trio of Hoenn, like the legendary birds. Brandon collects them and you can get them before the elite 4.

low-tier legendaries

That's what I mean. :) Eon duo are a bit different though since they're post-game (and obviously a duo not a trio). We also haven't seen them owned by a trainer outside of the battle frontier in-game I believe.

EDIT: Also, they don't have 580 BST, as you said. I didn't know every single low-tier trio had 580 BST.

That is hardly a winning argument. It would be boring if every Hoenn legendary had a Mega Evolution.

Not really. They're all different from each other. Plus there's plenty of variety already, Groudon/Kyogre have Primal forms, Deoxys has different forms and probably won't get one. Also, it wouldn't really be fair if the Regis are the only legendaries that don't get some form of a power boost.

That's what I mean. :) Eon duo are a bit different though since they're post-game (and obviously a duo not a trio).

You can get them in the main game in ORAS.

Also, it wouldn't really be fair if the Regis are the only legendaries that don't get some form of a power boost.
You say that as if they couldn't be revisited later.

ORAS already give 7 legendaries some sort of boost. One more wouldn't hurt, but a total of 11? That's a lot relative to the total number of Mega Evolutions.

Especially considering that every other Hoenn legendary except Jirachi and Deoxys has gotten one.

Regigigas, on the other hand, is from another generation and it simply needs to get rid of Slow Start. It's supposed to be the Regis' leader, and yet it is outclassed by them.

I was hoping they would get Primal forms or something unique to them. I was sure the Regi's would get new forms. All the other Hoenn legendaries bar them and Jirachi have special forms. Groudon and Kyogre can revert to their original states, Rayquaza and the Eon Duo can Mega Evolve, and Deoxys has four different forms. I really honestly was sure the Regi's would at the very least be shown off like the other Hoenn legendaries. I thought they'd be reintroduced to the new generation of fans like Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and the Eon Duo have been. I thought at least one issue of CoroCoro would show off the Regi Trio and Regigigas. It's sadly a telling sign that Game Freak doesn't really care for them. They didn't even bother adding Regigigas to the Regional Dex.

Last edited:
You say that as if they couldn't be revisited later.

When? In DP remakes when they'll probably want to focus more on the dozen or so legendaries that are actually native to Sinnoh or in some other game where they're probably just going to shoehorn them in for the sake of having legendaries? Now would be the best time.

ORAS already give 7 legendaries some sort of boost. One more wouldn't hurt, but a total of 11? That's a lot relative to the total number of Mega Evolutions.

Not really, there's quite a lot of nonlegendary Megas and if the Regis are getting them then odds are there's a lot more.

Not really, there's quite a lot of nonlegendary Megas and if the Regis are getting them then odds are there's a lot more.
That logic is flawed. There are only 7 placeholders in the item list that might be used for Mega Stones.

Placeholders in what? The demo code? The demo code is incomplete, so I wouldn't use that to judge how many Megas are in the game.

Placeholders in what? The demo code? The demo code is incomplete, so I wouldn't use that to judge how many Megas are in the game.
The placeholders exist because the code is incomplete. Any new items still need to be tied to the placeholders, so it's silly to ignore the latter.

744 - Mega Bracelet
745-747 - Key Stone items?
748 - Mega Stickpin
749 - ?
750 - ?
751 - ?
752 - Swampert
753 - Sceptile
754 - Sableye
755 - Altaria
756 - Gallade
757 - Audino
758 - Metagross
759 - Sharpedo
760 - Slowbro
761 - Steelix
762 - Pidgeot
763 - Glalie
764 - Diancie
765 - Hoopa
766 - Rayquaza?
767 - Camerupt
768 - Lopunny
769 - Salamence
770 - Beedrill
771 - ?
772 - ?
773 - ?
774 - ?
775 - Eon Flute

As you can see, 7 is pretty much the maximum number of remaining Mega Stones.

Last edited:
The placeholders exist because the code is incomplete. Any new items still need to be tied to the placeholders, so it's silly to ignore the latter.

744 - Mega Bracelet
748 - Mega Stickpin
749 - ?
750 - ?
751 - ?
752 - Swampert
753 - Sceptile
754 - Sableye
755 - Altaria
756 - Gallade
757 - Audino
758 - Metagross
759 - Sharpedo
760 - Slowbro
761 - Steelix
762 - Pidgeot
763 - Glalie
764 - Diancie
765 - Hoopa
766 - Rayquaza?
767 - Camerupt
768 - Lopunny
769 - Salamence
770 - Beedrill
771 - ?
772 - ?
773 - ?
774 - ?
775 - Eon Flute

Aren’t those "?" items supposed to be Key Items? They are described as Key Items in demo dumps. Anyway, it should be no problem to expand item list in full version by adding items below Eon Flute.

Or maybe even they wouldn’t have to expand the list. There is a big gap in item list since Gen IV (numbers 113 – 133). In Gen V they put four Genesect Drives in this gap for some reason. They might use this space for more ORAS Mega Stones. Obvious argument to this is that it doesn’t make any sense, but then again, what sense it makes for Genesect Drives to be there instead between other Gen V items?

Aren’t those "?" items supposed to be Key Items? They are described as Key Items in demo dumps.
That doesn't mean anything. A single byte is all that makes the difference, and it can easily be altered. The fact of the matter is that we don't know what the placeholders are for.

As for the rest of your argument, it is purely wishful thinking. Not to mention how greedy it is to expect more than 7 hidden Mega Stones.

744 - Mega Bracelet
748 - Mega Stickpin
749 - ?
750 - ?
751 - ?
752 - Swampert
753 - Sceptile
754 - Sableye
755 - Altaria
756 - Gallade
757 - Audino
758 - Metagross
759 - Sharpedo
760 - Slowbro
761 - Steelix
762 - Pidgeot
763 - Glalie
764 - Diancie
765 - Hoopa
766 - Rayquaza?
767 - Camerupt
768 - Lopunny
769 - Salamence
770 - Beedrill
771 - ?
772 - ?
773 - ?
774 - ?
775 - Eon Flute

Actually, according to Project Pokemon, 751, 766, and 771-774 are Key Items, and based on the grouping of the placeholders, chances are that 749 and 750 are also Key Items. Obviously, Shigeru Ohmori wouldn't tell us to discover more Mega Evolutions if there weren't any left, and it would be a real shame if he didn't keep up with his own game's advertising or spoke for people who don't use the Internet. At this point, I'm certain they removed placeholders unless the quote is a mistranslation. ...We'll find out today or tomorrow.

And I seem to have posted too soon. I'd find it odd if they end up simply replacing them with Mega Stones instead of just stubbing them as they seemingly did with a few other placeholders.

Last edited:
And I seem to have posted too soon. I'd find it odd if they end up simply replacing them with Mega Stones instead of just stubbing them as they seemingly did with a few other placeholders.
Like what? The hackers called the 745-750 slots "stubbed items" at one point, but one of them is the Mega Stickpin. Placeholders and "stubbed items" are just two ways of referring to the same thing when you have limited knowledge.

Aren’t those "?" items supposed to be Key Items? They are described as Key Items in demo dumps.
That doesn't mean anything. A single byte is all that makes the difference, and it can easily be altered. The fact of the matter is that we don't know what the placeholders are for.

As for the rest of your argument, it is purely wishful thinking. Not to mention how greedy it is to expect more than 7 hidden Mega Stones.

Expanding the list or putting items in that gap of Gen IV placeholders is easy too. What’s the point of basing any theory on demo code if everything can be easily altered?

Expanding the list or putting items in that gap of Gen IV placeholders is easy too. What’s the point of basing any theory on demo code if everything can be easily altered?
It doesn't make sense for the Mega Stones to be separated. The XY ones certainly aren't.

If you want to entertain wishful thinking, go ahead. But don't pretend that the placeholders have to be key items, because they simply don't.

Even if the placeholders are reserved, you can always add stuff "after the last". Actually you can see from both Pokémon and item listings that M-Camerupt, M-Lopunny, M-Salamence and M-Beedrill were later additions. GF could still add more stuff.

It doesn't make sense for the Mega Stones to be separated. The XY ones certainly aren't.
XY ones were perhaps added all at the same time and there was no early demo. But ORAS Mega Stones are already separated. At least four of them. Remember Hoopa's item is a Key item and not a Mega Stone, yet it's between Mega Stones.

ORAS Demo Dumps Day 2 - Pastebin.com

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom