• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

ORAS really is just going to be Hoenn + Megas isn't it. I guess they've been pretty much saying this for months now with there being no news on really any other new features, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

I don't see how anyone can make the "no new features" argument after today. You've got flying in the overworld and some neat Pokenav features, those things are pretty new IMO.

Exactly. And considering these are remakes, I don't really understand why people are "disappointed". At least we've gotten the epicness that we have so far. It could've been a 100% copy and paste like FR/LG. Which didn't even. Include. (Pre)vo's. Until. Post-game. -_- So people really need to lower their expectations for remakes.

ORAS really is just going to be Hoenn + Megas isn't it. I guess they've been pretty much saying this for months now with there being no news on really any other new features, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

I don't see how anyone can make the "no new features" argument after today. You've got flying in the overworld and some neat Pokenav features, those things are pretty new IMO.

Exactly. And considering these are remakes, I don't really understand why people are "disappointed". At least we've gotten the epicness that we have so far. It could've been a 100% copy and paste like FR/LG. Which didn't even. Include. (Pre)vo's. Until. Post-game. -_- So people really need to lower their expectations for remakes.

Well no, I don't really see a reason for remakes to be near copy/paste, but after today I'm pretty content with what we have.

Well no, I don't really see a reason for remakes to be near copy/paste, but after today I'm pretty content with what we have.

Yeah. Not only was it a new feature, but it was one that was pretty surprising which is a good thing. The games are looking pretty good.

OW scanning of NPC pokemon and wild hunting? I wonder what the tvnavi is for though, TVs have been fairly useless so far. Can't believe that they ditched match call, would be bummed if no rematches appear.

OW scanning of NPC pokemon and wild hunting? I wonder what the tvnavi is for though, TVs have been fairly useless so far. Can't believe that they ditched match call, would be bummed if no rematches appear.

We don't know all of the MultiNavi's features, it could still very well be in.

Yes we do. Look at the TVNavi screenshot and the DexNavi. The main use is on the left, with the other 3 options in 3 small boxes. It wouldn't govin PlayNavi, as that looks to be more of a hub for all the XY bottom screen functions. And just look at that promo art, its obvious those are all its functions.

Yes we do. Look at the TVNavi screenshot and the DexNavi. The main use is on the left, with the other 3 options in 3 small boxes. It wouldn't govin PlayNavi, as that looks to be more of a hub for all the XY bottom screen functions. And just look at that promo art, its obvious those are all its functions.

That doesn't prove that there's nothing else that those functions can do.

I still can't believe pidgeot and beedrill got a mega and flygon didn't

But we sill don't know if it has or not. I wish people would stop complaining that their favourite Pokémon doesn't have a Mega yet. At least wait until the game it out and all the Mega's have been discovered, then complain if your fave isn't there!

Can't believe there isn't a Mega Meowth yet. What are they waiting for?;)

Mega Meowth will be announced the same time as Mega Pikachu.

Honestly though, Mega Persian and Mega Raichu would probably be very welcomed by the community. Gamefreak acts like neither one exists, however. So we might actually get M. Meowth and M. Pikachu instead... -.-

Can't believe there isn't a Mega Meowth yet. What are they waiting for?;)

Mega Meowth will be announced the same time as Mega Pikachu.

Honestly though, Mega Persian and Mega Raichu would probably be very welcomed by the community. Gamefreak acts like neither one exists, however. So we might actually get M. Meowth and M. Pikachu instead... -.-

I'd say they're much nicer to Persian, mostly because of Giovanni's giving it some spotlight from time to time that keeps it in the eyes of fans. It's still overshadowed by Meowth of course, but at least it gets something. It's Raichu that gets left out in the cold all of the time by its pre-evolutions, if you didn't know better, you'd think the line ended with Pikachu based on how GF treats it.

I would absolutely love to have Mega Raichu and Mega Persian.

I think a lot of the Gen I designs would work well with Megas because they are so basic and simple (in the majority) that they can add to them without making them look too cluttered. I think a Mega Persian would look great for that reason, because they'd probably just add minor additions to its design, like with Pidgeot, Beedrill and other Kanto mons. I'm down for a Mega Raichu too (Electric/Fighting with Jump Kick pls) and have been for a while, it's one of my favourite Electric-types and we are in need of more Electric Megas.

Although I do think we need more Gen II, IV and V Megas before Gen I (and III of course).

I feel that's the case with most Pokemon, not just gen 1. While a lot of gens have complex designs, nothing is too busy, so adding upon them rarely would result in a mess. However, yes gen 1 is one of the easiest, but its equal to gens 2,3 and 6. 5 is a wild card cause all we have to go by is Audino, and 4 is weird cause of alll the suplementary evos. Those are the hardest imo. No idea how the hell a mega Electrivire would work, for example. Even if M-Gallade exists.

I think a lot of the Gen I designs would work well with Megas because they are so basic and simple (in the majority) that they can add to them without making them look too cluttered. I think a Mega Persian would look great for that reason, because they'd probably just add minor additions to its design, like with Pidgeot, Beedrill and other Kanto mons. I'm down for a Mega Raichu too (Electric/Fighting with Jump Kick pls) and have been for a while, it's one of my favourite Electric-types and we are in need of more Electric Megas.

Although I do think we need more Gen II, IV and V Megas before Gen I (and III of course).

Actually, I've kind of been wanting an Electric/Ground or an Electric/Fire with Lightning Rod, since the family's Dex entries say Pikachu is occasionally struck by lightning, and that Raichu usually digs its tail into the ground to release excess electricity, leaving burnt ground everywhere. But it is based off of a kangaroo mouse, too. So I guess I could see Fighting type if they decide to reference Kangaroo Jack or something.

If Mega Pikachu exists, I see GF brwaking the 100 BST increase of other Megas and make him to have higher stats than Raichu, specially in speed and offensive stats. In other words, 200 BST increase.

Back
Top Bottom