• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CoroCoro Thread (Pages are Leaking, Bewear of Spoilers!)

oras-corocoro-4.jpg

Compared this new scan with the scans of members of Team Aqua that we have artworks.
185px-Ruby_Sapphire_Maxie.png

180px-Archie.png

456w.jpg

5457-1607945911.jpg

Something feels off. I am not able to identify the design of the new scan with the artowrk from R/S. And I'm sure the anime arcs are very similar to the game arcs. I understand redesign like the ones of the Main Stars of the game but not this type of changes.

So our Pokemon wont be following us? *sobs*

I'm not surprised but I'm still a tad disappointed.

Mega Diancie looks amazing! The new Mega's for the other two starters look okay, I'm sure they'll grow on me but I've seen better stuff on deviantart.

Brendan looks more like a crossfit trainer than a Pokemon trainer this time around.

I know. What is with Mega Diancie? Where did that even come from?

I agree with you. Mega Diancie is a bit out-of-place.

Diancie is the star of this year's movie (which will focus on Mega Evolution to an extent), so if it was gonna get a Mega or Forme change, now would be the time to reveal it. This also happened with Dexoys, which was only first made available in FireRed and LeafGreen and starred in movie 7, and Arceus, which was only distributed a few months before HeartGold and SoulSilver came out when it appeared in movie 12.

I agree with you. Mega Diancie is a bit out-of-place.

Diancie is the star of this year's movie (which will focus on Mega Evolution to an extent), so if it was gonna get a Mega or Forme change, now would be the time to reveal it. This also happened with Dexoys, which was only first made available in FireRed and LeafGreen and starred in movie 7, and Arceus, which was only distributed a few months before HeartGold and SoulSilver came out when it appeared in movie 12.

Isn't the same true for pretty much every legendary with a new form? (Giratina, Shaymin, Deoxys, Arceus, Kyurem, Keldeo) So it stands to reason they'd do the same with Diancie. I just hope they don't do this with Hoopa and Volcanion.

Isn't the same true for pretty much every legendary with a new form? (Giratina, Shaymin, Deoxys, Arceus, Kyurem, Keldeo) So it stands to reason they'd do the same with Diancie. I just hope they don't do this with Hoopa and Volcanion.

Yep. They probably will do this with Hoopa or Volcanion, though. One of those two, along with Zygarde, will probably star in the 18th movie which will presumably come out next year, and this 18th movie will probably advertise whatever game comes after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (the third version or sequel to XY, presumably), so we'll be back here next year, same time, same Bulbagarden forums, wondering what new Formes or Mega Evolutions Game Freak is giving us this time...

It's a pretty good time of year, though.

Yep. They probably will do this with Hoopa or Volcanion, though. One of those two, along with Zygarde, will probably star in the 18th movie which will presumably come out next year, and this 18th movie will probably advertise whatever game comes after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (the third version or sequel to XY, presumably), so we'll be back here next year, same time, same Bulbagarden forums, wondering what new Formes or Mega Evolutions Game Freak is giving us this time...

It's a pretty good time of year, though.

My hope is that Zygarde gets an X Forme and a Y Forme and that Hoopa and Volcanion are left alone. But I really hope I get a Mega Butterfree. It's my one wish.

OMG ARCHIE'S BEARD IS BIGGER!!!! Anyways, has anyone heard the new memes for Mega Swampert? That thing looks so cool they're basing the memes on i herd u liek mudkipz, ex: i herd u liek MURDER. Besides, that thing looks like the end of Blaziken. Blaziken genocide anyone? Alrighty then, how about Brendan and May's new designs, I actually don't think Brendan's is too bad, but WHERE THE F**K DID MAY'S BANDANNA GO???? Seriously, that was honestly my favorite part of her design. I'll still use her in my Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke, and call her Elizabeth, staying true to my current Emerald Nuzlocke, but still! Mega Sceptile isn't that bad, but Lightning Rod? On this thing? Sure, it looks like it would work, but it has no USE. All we care about NOW is looks, but later we'll care about stats. I personally think that Unburden might be even more useful on Mega Sceptile, seeing as though not very many Electric-type moves make their way onto a Sceptile. Mega Diancie just came out of nowhere. Seriously? Steven's new job? Steven, meet Korrina. Get ready for sex. And the Team redesigns? Geeks VS Jocks. High School 2.0. There's even a fat Magma Admin. Now, the final thing I have to say:
But I really hope I get a Mega Butterfree. It's my one wish.
Sorry, but it doesn't look like that wish will come true. The Caterpie evolution line is not available in Hoenn without trading. Of course, if there's an updated Pokedex, which is highly unlikely, then that might happen. Now, my wish for Mega Typhlosion may happen in OR/AS, because of in Emerald, the Johto starters are available after completing the Hoenn Dex, and are at the very end. (of the Pokedex list meaning if you catch the rest, you get them) There might be a Mega Stone from Steven where he gives you the matching stone to your Johto starter. And, finished. Ow, my fingers hurt. *sucks them*

Unless I'm wrong, his champion status is still unconfirmed. What is, is that he's searching for the secrets of Mega Evolution. So he'll probably keep his Mega Boss status from Emerald, making Wallace the Champion and Juan the final gym leader. Steven seems like he cares more about stones and gems than being a champion, even though he does both things extremely well.

If he can do both, he could be doing both. Hopefully, he is still the champion.

Oh my god. I want to scream. Who spread the initial rumor that the Charizard is Steven's?? I looked at the scan a million times and there isn't a single word written that the Mega-Charizard is officially confirmed as his??? It is NOT confirmed yet omg.

I hope it's not his. Considering it's Fire/Dragon and not Steel or Rock, that'd be very shocking. But then again, aside from the Hoenn champions, Lance and Iris, every other champion has had a multi-type team. I'd much prefer Steven to follow this trend.

Lance and Iris still followed a theme team that had 'reptile-like looks' or 'dragon-like appearances'. Steven having a Charizard would be completely off even if he has a multi-type team. His PWT team-ish pokemons would be fine if they're going to make minor changes.

If he can do both, he could be doing both. Hopefully, he is still the champion.

Oh my god. I want to scream. Who spread the initial rumor that the Charizard is Steven's?? I looked at the scan a million times and there isn't a single word written that the Mega-Charizard is officially confirmed as his??? It is NOT confirmed yet omg.

I hope it's not his. Considering it's Fire/Dragon and not Steel or Rock, that'd be very shocking. But then again, aside from the Hoenn champions, Lance and Iris, every other champion has had a multi-type team. I'd much prefer Steven to follow this trend.

Lance and Iris still followed a theme team that had 'reptile-like looks' or 'dragon-like appearances'. Steven having a Charizard would be completely off even if he has a multi-type team. His PWT team-ish pokemons would be fine if they're going to make minor changes.

I never fought Steven. In Ruby, I could never get past Glacia. In Emerald, I fought him in the cave, once. I think I lost. Can't remember. Either way, Wallace is the Champion I know and the Champion I faced. I'd much rather have Wallace be the Champion, have Steven be a Mega Boss and have Juan be the last Gym Leader. Don't forget, Juan apparently doesn't exist in the continuity of Ruby and Sapphire. And it's kind of creepy to think that a Gym Leader that we know existed is retconned out of the remakes. Unless they have him help Wallace guard the Cave.

Well, I'll say one thing... These leaks have certainly got me more revved up for OR/AS. The over-world looks really nice and clean. I can't wait to see all of the tropical areas in 3D, especially Mt. Chimney.

Brendan and May... Well, I'm really not a fan. Brendan's face just looks goofy compared to his original design, and I'm not a fan of that tuft of hair that they're probably only showing to emphasize he's wearing a hat. Not to mention his shirt looks awfully tight, and his entire outfit looks like it's made out of rubber. Let's not even mention his shoes... May actually looks decent, but I do miss the bandana. I'm just thankful I'll be able to change them up when I get my hands on the games.

Mr. Stone looks decent, the only thing really bothering me is his outfit. His sprite looks a bit better, though.

Team Magma and Team Aqua designs are really split for me. On one hand, I love Archie, Matt, Maxie, and Courtney's new look. On the other, Tabitha and Shelly are really messed up. I have no idea why they decided to make Tabitha fat, and it's not that he is fat that bothers me, it's the fact that they changed his design so drastically. The thing that really bothers me with Shelly is her hair. For me, that's what I always remembered her for, and they just went and changed it... Oh well...

Mega Diancie looks really pretty, though. Definitely a big step up from her original design, thought it is in no means bad. M-Swampert and M-Sceptile are also pretty cool. I was a bit disappointed at first when I saw Swampert, but it's quickly growing on me.

All in all, this was a solid look into what we'll be receiving.

I've never been a big fan of mega evolutions, but Mega Diancie and Mega Sceptile look pretty cool. I don't like Mega Swampert though. My favourite starter deserves to look cooler.

I don't like what they did to Shelly's hair. I don't feel that I can even regard her as the same character any more. As for Matt, I'm all for buff dudes, but they could have made him look buff without making him look superhuman. I liked the way he looked in the manga, I wish they'd have gone with that.

May and Brendan's redesigns look okay, and at least now we can definitely tell that it's a hat. It's still a stupid hat though.

I am so glad Steven's back, and his design looks good, but I hate that they're making him interested in mega evolution. I get that they want to keep mega evolution relevant, but don't change the motives of an existing character, create a new character for that!

I never fought Steven. In Ruby, I could never get past Glacia. In Emerald, I fought him in the cave, once. I think I lost. Can't remember. Either way, Wallace is the Champion I know and the Champion I faced. I'd much rather have Wallace be the Champion, have Steven be a Mega Boss and have Juan be the last Gym Leader. Don't forget, Juan apparently doesn't exist in the continuity of Ruby and Sapphire. And it's kind of creepy to think that a Gym Leader that we know existed is retconned out of the remakes. Unless they have him help Wallace guard the Cave.

The scans seem to show that Team Magma is in OR and Team Aqua to be in AS - which means, the basic format is likely following the plot of RS, not Emerald. So Steven could be champion.

Is they confirm Hoenn im OR/AS to be Tropical Islands???

I know they probably do this to avoid seasonal pokemon... ^^;

The scans seem to show that Team Magma is in OR and Team Aqua to be in AS - which means, the basic format is likely following the plot of RS, not Emerald. So Steven could be champion.

The scans also show Steven studying Mega Evolution, Groudon and Kyogre having ancient forms, and Tabitha being fat while Shelly, Matt and even Archie are now darker-skinned. Obviously the games aren't the same despite being confirmed to be "100% full remakes" of Ruby and Sapphire. While Steven could be the Champion and most likely will, this isn't a confirmation and I'm still hoping Wallace will be Champion so that Juan has some kind of role in the games. Unless they make him a contest Master along with Wallace. But as long as Juan gets incorporated somehow, I'll be just fine with Steven being the Champion. I still prefer Wallace, though.

Is they confirm Hoenn im OR/AS to be Tropical Islands???

I know they probably do this to avoid seasonal pokemon... ^^;

It was confirmed long ago that Hoenn was a tropical island region. The presence of the banana tree Pokémon, the pineapple Pokémon and the coral Pokémon are clear indicators of this, among others.

Ohhh I forget Tropius is Hoenn pokemon.. Damn... I forget lots of thing from gen III already. Hope this game will refresh my mind...

Aqua and Magma were in both games

Is it legit?

I prefer Emerald plot ORAS cause having both teams in the game sounds awesome. And this match the Delta Rayquaza's theory.

"Were"

As in past tense. They were both in Ruby and Sapphire--only one team was evil.

Considering they're shoehorning a Mega Evolution plot (guess the XY one wasn't bad enough), I don't see why they can't do the minor edit that Emerald did and make both teams villains rather than one of them being good. All they'd have to do is shift the focus on who gets their legendary. The changes in Emerald's plot weren't as big as people made them out to be--they simply either made an event focus on Aqua or Magma. Even in Mt. Chimney, both Aqua and Magma were already fighting each other in RS. The only new added plot devices was team Magma's base and stealing the rocket fuel.

The changes they made in Emerald are minor compared to shoving in a Mega Evolution plot, so I see no reason both teams can't be villains, but with a greater focus on one compared to the other depending on the version.

Is it legit?

I prefer Emerald plot ORAS cause having both teams in the game sounds awesome. And this match the Delta Rayquaza's theory.

"Were"

As in past tense. They were both in Ruby and Sapphire--only one team was evil.

Considering they're shoehorning a Mega Evolution plot (guess the XY one wasn't bad enough), I don't see why they can't do the minor edit that Emerald did and make both teams villains rather than one of them being good. All they'd have to do is shift the focus on who gets their legendary. The changes in Emerald's plot weren't as big as people made them out to be--they simply either made an event focus on Aqua or Magma. Even in Mt. Chimney, both Aqua and Magma were already fighting each other in RS. The only new added plot devices was team Magma's base and stealing the rocket fuel.

The changes they made in Emerald are minor compared to shoving in a Mega Evolution plot, so I see no reason both teams can't be villains, but with a greater focus on one compared to the other depending on the version.

That was what I meant - one team being the main evil team in one game. The scans also show words "in OR there's Team Magma, and in AS there's Team Aqua" (the words are colored and clearly divided). The plot isn't going to follow Emerald where both teams are evil. The 'helping' team MAY have a more larger role, but there needs to be more information.

Back
Top Bottom