• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dangan Ronpa Mafia [game over - TOWN WIN!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy we won! That was a fantastic game. Thank you for hosting it, Froakie!!

tumblr_inline_mlj7fquiGL1qz4rgp.png

Congratulations to all the winners! still happy i got ishimaru heck yeah

That was very selfish of you. >.<

Well done town. you played very well. Thank you for hosting Froakie aside from the update times this was one of the best orchestrated games i've seen.

dfhh_zps1e5e1a48.png

dfhh1_zpsab0ddee0.png

PI9X4Af.png

1) @jokool;
2) @Dark Kyriaki;
3) @Terezi Pyrope;
4) @HumanDawn;
5) @Tsutarja;
6) @Mijzelffan;
7) @Pein;
8) @Paperhorse;
9) @jda95;
10) @Harpy;
11) @FinalArcadia;
12) @Oswin;
13) @Buoy;
14) @CrackFox;
15) @Zima;
16) @Wright;
17) @Momoka;

Quicktopics:
Despair Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Milk Tea QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Timeline:
Day 1:
Harpy commutes
Harpy is lynched

Night 1:
jokool rolechecks Oswin (Restless Spirit)
Momoka jails Zima
Wright checks Paperhorse (Town)
Mijzelffan roleblocks FinalArcadia
Dark Kyriaki asks for Zima's fortune (JAILED - does not work)
Buoy is killed

Day 2:
FinalArcadia motivates Wright
Crackfox is lynched - loses 1x protection.

Night 2:
jokool rolechecks Neon Borealis (Double Voter)
Momoka jails Crackfox
Wright checks Mijzelffan, Oswin (Town, Town)
Mijzelffan roleblocks Neon Borealis
Dark Kyriaki asks for Crackfox's fortune (JAILED - does not work)
Crackfox uses strongman ability (JAILED - does not work)
Dark Kyriaki is killed

Day 3:
FinalArcadia motivates Wright
jokool is lynched
Terezi Pyrope subs in for Neon Borealis

Night 3:
Mijzelffan roleblocks Momoka
Paperhorse roleblocks Terezi Pyrope
Wright checks Terezi Pyrope, Momoka (Town, Mafia (INCORRECT CHECK))
Momoka jails Paperhorse (ROLEBLOCKED - does not work)
Crackfox uses strongman ability
jda is killed - death is prevented

Day 4:
FinalArcadia motivates Momoka
Mijzelffan is lynched
Night 4:
FinalArcadia motivates Momoka
Wright checks Pein (Town)
Momoka jails Wright (Upgraded, so does not roleblock)
Crackfox uses strongman ability
Paperhorse roleblocks Pein
Tsutarja is killed

Day 5:
Crackfox is lynched - END GAME

Comments:
​- Town worked very hard getting allies together - I put down the win to this game purely on the fact that they were able to cross off names, who they thought were suspicious etc. and narrow down the mafia.
- Mafia were very unlucky - killing the Serial Killer who could not touch them Night 1, targetting jda95 who was independent and would not die that night, and the town faking a cop check on a mafia member who unfortunately didn't want to present a defense and admitted to being mafia.
- I was worried throughout the game that I had made the town too powerful - in hindsight even though I had 4 main anti-town players, I should have made Buoy's role either more accurate, or included another anti-town role in Sakura as unfortunately the game ran on the possibility the mafia wouldn't kill Buoy - which they unfortunately did immediately. This is why I gave town a vanilla role, masons who also have no role, and a restless spirit who doesn't have a role until they die - I thought I had balanced it fine, I'm not sure if I did or not because the mafia did get unlucky.
- Next time I use an upgrader role - don't allow them to upgrade the same person in a row. I depowered the role slightly to make it less OP though, but once they found the cop it was pretty OP in either case.
- I shouldn't have allowed private communication
- People should stop paying attention to my ft!!!! I never put any hints in them, when Crackfox originally was lynched I tried to make the question mark person very lacking in personality - if I had honestly put 'upupu' in everything they said or any hint of the personality - it would make it obvious and I wouldn't be a very fair host. Funnily though, you thought the lack of personality made Crackfox Naegi for a long time...
- Along the same lines, all my roles apparently did not suit the characters according to the speculation in thread. Literally no-body brought up the possibility of Yamada x Celes being masons, most people thought the vanilla would be Sayaka, and that I would have made the murderers the mafia members - this game was a refresh of Dangan Ronpa and it was as if they had just started school again - no murders would have happened from the real canon Dangan Ronpa, they were all still alive - I wouldn't have made the murderers mafia as that wouldn't have made any sense in this game (along with being way too many mafia members for 17 players)
- Never make me act as half of these characters again - trying to be Yamada or Leon or basically any of these is 2hard
- I was going to include the executions of the murderers/death scenes of the people that died in canon in this game, if they died, but strangely none of them did and most of the people who died were endgame survivors in canon.

Oh, and the upgraded roles I had Naegi give - only two of them were used though.
E8nWBrJ.png
Stalker - 2 rolechecks in one night
6VvPflm.png
Fortune Teller - 70% Chance right
qAQ5YVg.png
Double Voter - Triple Voter
a43y4lV.png
Mason - If votes same as partner, 4x vote instead of 2x
spkLw5p.png
Mason - If votes same as partner, 4x vote instead of 2x
OAdzSoN.png
Roleblock Godfather - 2 roleblocks
CfuvIpw.png
Roleblocker - 2 roleblocks
fqdh1ml.png
Saves Aoi, dies 1 night after getting killed - Kills someone who tries to harm her
fV5x7Yo.png
Commuter - Commutes for one more phase
zhj1NGp.png
Vigilante - 2 kills, 2nd has 20% chance of backfiring onto self
ljOGpEw.png
Restless Spirit, protects Naegi once after death - Can receive a spy message from QT
Lii0L0o.png
Serial Killer - Stays as Syo for another night
ef18FsN.png
Bulletproof Strongman - Can kill two people one night
luTMbMy.png
Vanilla - Can stop a lynch
qZds7vM.png
Cop - 2 checks, 2nd is 80% accurate
2jQRXPb.png
Jailer - Doesn't roleblock

And again, Thank you for playing!!

8THnzNy.png

We didn't use the mafia qt much. We did most of the talking through Skype but the chatlog is way too big to post.

I felt like we were unlucky throughout the game but that was just circumstance, and bad choices on our part. I would have loved a fourth mafia instead of a serial killer. In hindsight, Buoy was better than a fourth mafia, he couldn't kill any of us and instead would have whittled down the town faction. Obviously we werent to know that and it was unfortunate we killed him so early. I think the game was pretty well balanced. The town probably did have the advantage but it's very difficult to make both sides 100% evenly matched.

From a personal view, I don't think I did very well in this game. I managed to fool a few people, at least for a while and that's better than nothing I guess. I hate being mafia, at first I loved it because I was always town, but lately I seem to always get the scum roles and i've grown to hate it ^^'

OMG. The Milk Tea QT. XD

This was definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Most everyone was active and the flavor text was fantastic.

I must say, seeing how even Maizono had a power role, I'm pretty disappointed that I was vanilla, but I think the lack of a role affected the way I played this game. I wouldn't say I played badly, but I don't think I played well either.

OMG. The Milk Tea QT. XD

This was definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Most everyone was active and the flavor text was fantastic.

I must say, seeing how even Maizono had a power role, I'm pretty disappointed that I was vanilla, but I think the lack of a role affected the way I played this game. I wouldn't say I played badly, but I don't think I played well either.

I would have given Aoi a role, but because she couldn't die whilst Sakura was alive, she definitely couldn't have had a good role in any case - you would have gotten the ability to stop a lynch if you were upgraded though!

Yay we won, although I didn't die :/

Thanks for letting me play Froakles!

Too bad this game was so one-sided. I had given up on winning right after we killed the serial killer. And about three times more after that. x)

Hopefully next time the game will last longer than day 5 (maybe make a rule against massclaiming to help achieve that).

Too bad this game was so one-sided. I had given up on winning right after we killed the serial killer. And about three times more after that. x)

Hopefully next time the game will last longer than day 5 (maybe make a rule against massclaiming to help achieve that).

too bad some people can't just admit to their genuine losses, rather than having to blame everything and everyone except themselves. :)

i'm sure plenty of people had fun in this game, froakie, so thanks for hosting. i can't say i did personally, getting nightkilled night one, but i guess there's not much i could have done to prevent the mafia from getting what they wanted. :)

i'm sure plenty of people had fun in this game, froakie, so thanks for hosting. i can't say i did personally, getting nightkilled night one, but i guess there's not much i could have done to prevent the mafia from getting what they wanted. :)

Buoy you were the ultimate stepping stone in giving us hope! Your posts Day 1, that resulted in the game having more activity which resulted in the mislynch on Harpy, made us strong enough through combining our efforts to never mislynch again. I'd have preferred if you lived longer just because I was having a lot of fun playing with you.

EDIT: @Froakie;

I forgot to ask this after the game ended but, what was the role that you cut, and why did you cut it?

Last edited:
Buoy you were the ultimate stepping stone in giving us hope! Your posts Day 1, that resulted in the game having more activity which resulted in the mislynch on Harpy, made us strong enough through combining our efforts to never mislynch again. I'd have preferred if you lived longer just because I was having a lot of fun playing with you.

EDIT: @Froakie;

I forgot to ask this after the game ended but, what was the role that you cut, and why did you cut it?

Jin who was an independent rolecop who could permanently remove someones role (memory). I cut it for several reasons: a) could be op again for town b) i actually got my trivia wrong and he doesnt even remove memories... c) i wanted him to die at the beginning to set up the story - wouldn't make sense if he was alive either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom