• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do we want TM's to stay re-usable?

Do you want TM's to stay re-usable?

• Yes!!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • No!!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I don't know...

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
But at least then you had to train the fish or birds before you took them to the gym
You have to train them now too nothing changed. A freshly caught level 20 tentacool with the reusable Tm move scald still has to be trained just as much as a level 20 tentacool with the HM surf to take on a fire gym. In fact surf has a higher base power so you could say technically the scald tentacool has to be trained more than the surf one....

I'm pretty sure the biggest offender of a gym you can take down by teaching rando pokemon a move is Blaine's and it's an HM, not a TM. Seafoam Islands were right next to Cinnabar and you could easily go in there and catch decently leveled water pokemon to teach Surf to if you were having that much trouble with the gym. Outside of that case, I've never heard of people doing that for any other gym. Most strong move TMs/HMs don't come around until late in the game anyway to make much of a difference for gyms.

I'm pretty sure the biggest offender of a gym you can take down by teaching rando pokemon a move is Blaine's and it's an HM, not a TM. Seafoam Islands were right next to Cinnabar and you could easily go in there and catch decently leveled water pokemon to teach Surf to if you were having that much trouble with the gym. Outside of that case, I've never heard of people doing that for any other gym. Most strong move TMs/HMs don't come around until late in the game anyway to make much of a difference for gyms.

I'm all for HMs staying reusable. In FireRed, I never did that to Blaine's gym, and you don't get the Super Rod until the end of the game in BW and BW2.

The point is that HMs also stand as offenders there, mainly because there are a handful of pretty strong HMs. If that's how people want to play the game they can. It's not impossible to go through a gym with only one overtrained pokemon with a type advantage and a handful of type advantage pokemon that you just went out and caught. The fact that you just don't really like it isn't an argument with any merit.

I think TM's should stay reusable because when I wanted to teach a move to a pokemon and I found the only copie of the TM in the game and already used it I will just say this son of a jigglypuff thats why I want TM's to still be reusable

TMs better stay reusable, or I think we'd have a hard time getting rid of the "too awesome to use" syndrome we have with really good TMs.

That one person who voted no is clearly a masochist :V

Nope, I doubt that they will make them non-reusable again. They are too convenient this way, they have no reason to change them.

Of course. Having to pick which of your pokémon to use a non-buyable TM on < Gen 5 is...stressful, to say the least.

Yes! tms must remain reusable. It would be way to hard to train pokemon for without it. Also, on a side note, I want each pokemon to have 2 hm slots that do not effect the original 4 move slots, that way I dont have to have hm slaves.

Of course. i didn't like trading for TMs in past-Gen IV games, or trying to pass on the TM through breeding.
Allowing TMs to be reusable allows players to experiment new sets for their teams that would have been very difficult to accomplish otherwise.

I really hope they do. When TMs were made reusable, it saved a lot of time with buying, searching for, and trading for TMs that you'd previously misused. It's a convenient feature, I don't see why they would get rid of it. Then again, they do like trolling us.

I'd like them to stay re-usable, as now I actually USE TMs as opposed to just letting them rot in my bag. But I'd also like them to be sellable again -- there are a bunch of TMs in my bag that I know I'll never use and I want to get rid of 'em.

One change I would make to reusable TM's is to have the PP start from zero rather than keeping the PP from the previous move.

Most definitely. I would hate using a TM on a Pokemon, then find out that they were going to learn this move in just a few levels. Whenever you use a TM before Gen V, you always get that nervous feeling that you'll regret using this TM on that Pokemon. Really hoping this gets carried on to Kalos.

One change I would make to reusable TM's is to have the PP start from zero rather than keeping the PP from the previous move.
? Keeping the PP from the previous move is simply to prevent people from using TM's like free Ethers.

W-why? Why would you want to force extra trip-s to pokecenters? D:

W-why? Why would you want to force extra trip-s to pokecenters? D:

I guess in my case, learning a move doesn't seem like the kind of thing you should really do when you're out in the middle of the journey. It's like, say, buying a new water bottle - it starts out empty, not automatically filled with the water from your last bottle.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom