• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you ever "Mark" your Pokemon?

I mark shinies (when I remember), otherwise, I don't use any other marks. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea though for Legendaries and my higher-level Pokemon. =\

I used to mark them, but not much any more... the way I did it sort of confused me and I had to stop. ^^; But orginally it was

Star = Star fighter

Heart = Star contest champ.

then I did it for a family tree srt of thing, for example, triangle was my Leafeon, Circle was my Umbreon, and StarCircle was all of their offspring. ^^; [eaten]

I put Heart down for cutey pie pokemon, Circle for underdog pokemon with good moves, Star for legend or powerhouse pokemon

Honestly, I've never used that before lol.
I might start in hgss, if they have it in the games.

I do it when I have more then 1 Pokémon of the same species so I don't have to look at it's stats.

I mark pokemon that have moves I might need on the field for whatever reason (HMs, sweet scent, whatever) so I don't loose track of them and give my favorites hearts.

I mark the IV;'s that are the highest.

I do the exact same thing. Since there are now six markers, I have one assigned to each stat. Back in Gen III both the attack stats had to share a marker.

My system is:

Heart: HP
Triangle: Attack
Square: Defense
Star: Special Attack
Diamond: Special Defense
Circle: Speed

In Pearl, I've marked my main/first party (the one that I trained from the start of the game and used against the E4) with stars. It's so I can easily find them in case I, say for instance, need the E4 to give me more money.

Reading through this thread, though, has given me some good ideas, like marking HM slaves. I should probably mark my new party too. I'll definitely make more use of the system in SoulSilver once I have it.

Yes, I mark my Mamoswines and Cradilys, since I own many of those for different teams and tactics. Even they all have an own unique nickname, I feel marking them makes everyone of thme even more special :D.

I mark Pokemon before I ev train them, in case I forget the stats I want to train them in :loopy:.

I do the exact same thing. Since there are now six markers, I have one assigned to each stat. Back in Gen III both the attack stats had to share a marker.

My system is:

Heart: HP
Triangle: Attack
Square: Defense
Star: Special Attack
Diamond: Special Defense
Circle: Speed

You know... That's not a half bad idea. Can I use that method?

I used to just mark my shinies, and other important Pokemon, but, I think I might change that to something a litlle more worthwhile.

Nah... I usually only have one Pokèmon of each type so I don't see the reason to. Important Pokèmon are in box 1 (main party members, HM-slaves and others I just generally need like Ditto and Magcargo (for hatching eggs) When I DO have multiple, they're usually in the trading box and I don't really care which of them I give away XD

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom