• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have a catchphrase?

A couple of years ago my catchphrase was "Sure,why not?" in a most sarcastic tone
But nowadays I don't really have one

"THIS IS SIN!"

And I'm one of those people that calls people "brother" pretty much every sentence for no reason. It started as kind of an imitation of someone else, but now it's a habit.

Both of these are slowly creeping into my online usage.

I don't have any but sometimes I like to stick "common" phrases into discussions (and by "common" I mean well-known ones, even ones that aren't used much). Stuff like "put that in your pipe and smoke it" and "you can't have your cake and eat it too" and "the proof is in the pudding".

"Woo Woo Woo!"

"Jobbers don't need (insert item here)"

"What you on about Sergei?"

"Your names Sergei, not Bryan...now shut up Sergei"

"Say your names Bryan again and I'll destroy you"

"Join The Club". I've used this phrase for a really long time. It means we both have something in common.

"what'cha do'in?" I've used this phrase since I was like 10, I wish Disney Channel would not have used it in one of their tv shows :(

When unexpected and unwanted things pop up, I usually say "Oh, hello," or "Oh, that's odd..." and go on to talk to the issue as if it were a person, asking why it's behaving so profanely or whatever. Perhaps it's more of a useless stall as I figure out what's going on.

Sometimes when something bad's happened in a game, I'll usually voice what's happened and follow up with "yay" in a deliberately (and hilariously) nasal "retard" voice, similar to JoshJepson's mannerisms.

But I'm not a very verbal person, so I don't think I have any real catchphrases. I do tend to end my sentences with "I suppose" a bit, that I think that's just more of a verbal tic.

According to my friends (We were once having a conversation about If I was a talking doll, what catch phrases would I have) I say these a lot:
"That's fantastic/Amazing/Depressing!"
"Yeah, Cause, y'know *weird wavey hand gesture while I think of the rest of the sentence*..."
"Wam, Bam, Portal to the moon"
"Oh yeah.. y'know... _________ is completely fine too"
"Okedokey"

I guess they're my catchphrases.

"THIS IS SIN!"

And I'm one of those people that calls people "brother" pretty much every sentence for no reason. It started as kind of an imitation of someone else, but now it's a habit.

Both of these are slowly creeping into my online usage.

Add "OH HELL NO" and "WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?".

"That's adorable" (Being highly sarcastic, I actually mean that is pathetic or disturbing)

"Never give a fuck" (My personal creed)

My current ones are:

"I don't give a crap."
"What is this I don't even-"
"You are a freaking idiot."
"Oh God why."
"Coughbedrocktoolscough"
"You are grounded, mistah."
"Y u no liek ____?"
"Huh, fail."

I say, "UNT, NAO..." a lot. XD Whenever I transition in a conversation, or just doing something else. <3

UNT, NAO... What do you think? XD

Well...

- "It's not that I'm laughing, but I'm laughing."
- "All hells of ____."
- "<insert sarcastic denial of something obvious>... oh wait."
- "For the love of <deceased rockstar>."
- "That's not how life works."

Also, this may or may not count, but whenever I say something is psychotic/insane/disturbing, it means awesome.

I have a tendency to quote/make random references to video games and television shows. Which a majority of people I've come across in real life don't get.

"Take that and stick it in your TARDIS!"
"Oh for the love of Nobuo Uematsu, don't do it."
"Oh Arceus/Bahamut..."

I also say "oh" and "like a PokéChampion" far too much for my own good.

I also often add pokemon IN GENNERAL to some sentences I say every soo often, the most commen gennerally being "What the Haxorus!". xD; Though I don't remember actually saying that resently...*shrug*

That, and, I quite often blurt out LOL! or LOLOLOL! ext IRL. While looking at or thinking something rather humoress. This I know happon's rather often. It make's me want to lol right now. XD

And guess what; I actually said 'lol' in real life, at my computer screen, right after writing it out...

I guess I really do that a lot after all.

But mom say's I better be careful about saying it around strangers. I guess I hope it isn't TOO commen, or, mostly just something I say when i'm online...(I almost never recall saying it away from a computer screen, though. soo i guess its fine. its just 'me becoming one with the internet', like an eevee become's one with nature when he become's a leafeon :) ^^)

And, yes, I failed to catch a SHINY Woobat last night. I had difficulties getting to bed over it...espesally cuz those things are cute.

Maybe it wouldnt of been soo bad if shinies weren't soo freakishly raaare...mrrph mrrph.

First shiny KO i ever offishally had since that gyarados in crystal (yes, the in-game red one. i found him ugly back in the day and didn't want him back then XD)

At least I know what to call him now if I ever find him again. Assuming they allow you to use pokemon with 'butt' in their name online, of course....

I'm so brutal, hehehe. Maybe i'll just give it a nicer name if i find it again....

If I ever find it again (sorry to go off topic now).

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom