• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any shiny pokemon from the older games?

Re: Do you have any shiny pokemon?

Nope. I've never seen or caught one that isn't that obligatory Gyarados.

Since I suppose HGSS isn't new anymore, I'll say that I have a Golem, a Duskull, and several others.

Last edited:

The one and only wild shiny I encountered was a Zubat in Platinum. My brother restarted the game, and that was that. So...no.

Then again, I've never really set out to find them.

Apart from a shiny Wingull and shiny Vulpix which I both released, the only shinies I have are Ambipom, Pidgeot (encountered in LeafGreen years ago), and Roserade.
All of them are now in White.
The only shinies I still have in gen IV would be the shiny Gyarados as well as a Muk and Gastrodon given to me.

I've managed to get Doduo, Scyther, Lickitung, Pichu (event), and Gyarados on my own, then I traded for Bronzong and Floatzel.

A common Pokemon... Wingull. Mt Pyre. Surfing. Ruby. Shiny! Do the math. I love mah shiny wingull. THeres also the crown beasts, Pika colored Pichu, and Red Gyarados.

I traded around a lot and acquired a fair amount of shinies, at one point enough to overflow a box in Platinum. I traded almost all of them away, but I have a few really special ones left, my favorite is a shiny Shellder.

I have two shiny Shinx (chained), a shiny Floatzel (random), a shiny Torchic (soft reseted), a shiny Pichu (event), a shiny Raichu (event again), and a shiny Pidgey (random). There are some shinies that I have lost or just have seen in a battle tower, including Spinda (killed before I knew what shinies were), Beedrill (deleted save file), Floatzel (deleted save file), Wooper (my idiot brother turned off my DS while I was in battle with it), and Elekid (deleted save file)

A shiny charmander from the masuda method (her name is Shea and she is now a charizard!)
A random encounter drowzee (Luna and still not evolved into her pedobear form)
A Phanpy by the pokeradar method (Named her lucky...ha)
And finally a random encounter weedle within 45 mins of playing on Leafgreen. (Now a beedrill and named him Nexus!)

I like all these shinies except for drowzee. I loathe drowzees D:

I caught a Shiny Golbat in Ruby version. I was training in Victory Road, and ta-daa! A sparkly Golbat appeared. I caught him, but he ended up being trashed in the PC. I really had no use for him...LOL

The only shiny pokémon that I have is a nidoqueen. Ironically, I wasn't even looking for a shiny, I was looking for a yanma.

I just got a leaf green game, I wasn't looking for a shiny, and then, BAM! A shiny Caterpie! I caught it in Viridian Forest at Level 3.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a shiny Gyarados? Well of course not, but, I would feel lucky to get one, it's not boring!

Over my many runs of Gold/Silver/Crystal, I'd gained a shiny Venusaur, Charizard, Eevee (all by hatching), Beedrill, Drowzee (random), and several red Gyarados (of course)

There was this one time, I found a shiny Pidgey on Route 2 in FireRed. Ended up ditching my old bird for it. Now, I gave it away...

Then, in Crystal, I randomly found a shiny Metapod during the Bug-Catching contest. Did nothing to boost my score whatsoever, but so what?

Been playing for over a decade and I've had only a few...

Silver - Red Gyarados, a shiny Ditto (glitched), and a shiny silver Eevee that later evolved into an Umbreon with blue rings (fathered by the Ditto, lol). Umbreon lives in my Crystal version now.
Leaf Green - Just hatched my first totally unexpected legit shiny today -- a seafoam green Azurill from a Marill that my sister traded to me. She was pissed! (She has a shiny black Zubat in her Sapphire version)
Pearl - a shiny golden Graveler found through the Pokeradar, though I no longer have the game ><

Ruby: Shiny Geodude
FireRed: Shiny Paras

Both currently sit in "Pokemon BOX: RS" until I can train them properly.

I have a Shiny Audino that I found whilst training.

And a Shiny Skuntank that I got off the GTS.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom