• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like your favorite Pokémon's shiny palette?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Over the years I've heard the following sentiment a million times... "I love [insert Pokémon here], but ugh what a terrible Shiny it has!"
So that begs the question, are you one of the lucky ones who actually likes the shiny coloration of their favorite Pokémon? Why or why not?

Off the top of my head, I do love the palettes found on shiny Cryogonal, Eevee, and Blastoise, but I could honestly take or leave a lot of the rest.
In particular I'll always be disappointed by Pikachu's barely-noticeable shiny, but pink Cradily and pale Bramblin are also a bit underwhelming IMO. I feel like they all could have been much more striking.
20170707030237%21Spr_5b_615_s.png
20210604124016%21Spr_4p_133_s.png
20100501155408%21Spr_4d_009_s.png

20100801232604%21Spr_4p_025_m_s.png
20220501132959%21Spr_4d_346_s.png
HOME0946_s.png

Not a huge fan of sunburnt Torchic, Combusken and Blaziken thankfully get better.

Gardevoir's shiny pallet - It's alright but would be cool if it was purple instead of blue

Mismagius's shiny pallet - Eh.... a washed out green with some yellow highlights, could be worse I suppose

Froslass's shiny pallet - Not that bad, hard to notice at first I think

Umbreon's shiny pallet - Blue rings instead of yellow just looks very nice

I love red Genesect. Might like it more than the normal purple color, even. Shiny Porygon-Z looks pretty cool too, although I'd like it better if the weird off-white color was just actual white instead.

Purugly's pink-purple shiny isn't the worst offender in shiny colorings, but it's not my favorite either (though I'm not a fan of the majority of shiny colorings either, so). I think it's normal gray coloring is way better in my book.

Umbreon's blue rings actually compliment it very well, and it's one of the very few shinies I genuinely really like.

Stoutland's shiny is just downright disgusting, and I'm irked how they did one of my favorite dog Pokemon dirty like that.

I have a fondness for Sableye's shiny coloration; a relatively gilded complexion. In fact, my very first avatar within this forum was the Emerald sprite of Shiny Sableye.

For the record I'm likewise a fan of Shiny Mawile and Beheeyem. The former was the first shiny I hunted.

Yes!! They became my favourite because I was hunting their shiny! I love that lovely pink Mienshao my god

Never liked shiny Absol much, I wish it was bluish-black instead of red. Pink Swampert, Kyogre, and Weavile are pretty dumb-looking, too, as is shiny Starmie. Green Salamence isn't perfect, but still better than many other shiny green dragons like Dragonite and Latios. So I'll say that most shinies of my favourite Pokemon leave much to be desired.

• Marshtomp: I've never been a fan of purple and pink, but it looks somewhat decent and is an ok example of what a shiny should be. 6/10
  • Phanpy: The same but washed-out.... 1/10
  • Teddiursa: The one I caught in Legends made me fell in love with it, definitely a charming and night-like color. 10/10
  • Politoed: The pink is a bit too strong but that blue is perfect, a nice callback to regular Poliwag while not making it exactly the same. 8/10
  • Jirachi: More could have been done with it, but the red does go well with the yellow. 6/10
  • Hitmontop: Another extremely weird choice with the purple, yet the gray gives it a nice steel look. 6/10
  • Squirtle: The shell is barely noticeable, and the skin color is cute or impossible to see depending on the game. 3/10
  • Munchlax: A bit too similar but not bad overall. 4/10
  • Reuniclus: Adding an uncommon blue to my favorite Unova Pokemon? YES. 9/10
  • Zygarde Core: Does not exist -/10
  • Rowlet: Simple but decent, though a red bowtie would've added a lot. 5/10
  • Cufant: A wasted opportunity to do lots of things and they do an almost washing-out... 2/10
  • Palafin Hero: An orca? YES. 9/10

Yeah, I do like the shiny design of Nidoking. I do enjoy how it's color is a match along side of a regular Nidoqueen. Though conversely it does make me a bit sad that Nidoqueen's shiny doesn't match the normal color of a Nidoking.

• shaymin: i'm somewhere between an 8 or 9/10, depending on the day. my feelings used to be far more complicated because for the longest period i was like "ehhhh idk about turquoise", but i've grown to actually kinda like it over the years.
  • bulbasaur: 8/10 lots of green
  • glaceon: 9/10 - i understand if people put this into the "barely any shiny differences" camp, but shiny glaceon is basically a better looking regular glaceon, and i think the differences are pretty noticeable imo.

Honestly? No, not really. The fur just doesn't play off well to the golden body fur in the same way the orange body fur does.

• Ampharos: I really like the pink of Ampharos. It looks really nice.
  • Eevee: I like the snowy feeling it was given. It’s sort of like how Alolan Vulpix was changed
  • Infernape: It has a pretty plain shiny though I do think red looks cooler than orange for the flames
  • Luxray: I am glad that Luxray has color differences, but I don’t think it makes it look any cooler.
  • Milotic: Same reason as Luxray
I am quite glad that all my favorite Pokémon have good shiny variants. Thus, to answer the overall question, I’d say yes.

• Porygon line: huge fan of the blue/white combo in general, though I kinda wish they changed Porygon-Z's eye color, too.
  • Medicham: blue and yellow's a strong combo, and the slight gold tint to their skin works with it.
  • Starmie: it really depends on how saturated that particular game's colors are; they can either turn out really pretty or looking like they've been baking in the sun for approximately eight years.
  • Scolipede: I think I actually like their shiny palette more than the normal one; red and teal is a top-tier combo.
  • Slurpuff: chocolate!
  • Naganadel: black and gold looks really good when you put it on a giant glue-spewing wasp-bat thing, who knew?
  • Toxtricity: yeah, this pink isn't working for me. looks far better on the low key form, I will say.
  • Annihilape: the blue gives more of a ghostly vibe, and the red eyes stick out even more against it, so I'm a fan.

Back
Top Bottom