• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like your favorite Pokémon's shiny palette?

Mightyena: Nope. However it could have been waaay worse.

Shedinja: I like it how it is so I don't mind the shiny.

Miraidon: Nope. I know what they were going for with all the Future Paradox Shinies but I don't like them at all.

Chimecho: Nope, I don't like the green on the shiny version.

Shiny Chi-Yu is my favorite shiny. Unfortunately, Chi-Yu is not one of my favorite Pokémon..

I covered a few Pokémon in my initial post, but I'm gonna go down my list of favorites and see how I feel about each of 'em. Bear with me...
  • Eevee: grey is one of the best colors a shiny can be, I love how pale and silvery it looks.
  • Lileep/Cradily: Green Lileep is cute, pink Cradily is meh. If Cradily was a dull purple to match Lileep, as if they just swapped colors, I'd be much happier.
  • Blastoise: Speaking of green and purple, I adore this color combo and it's so fitting here. :bulbaLove:
  • Espeon: Unpopular opinion but I like it! It's bright, it stands out, it plays nice with the overall design. Good shiny in my book.
  • Registeel/Regirock/Regice/Regidrago: All really boring. I feel like I would enjoy Regirock's brown color on its own, but it doesn't look great with the orange.
  • Pikachu: nooo. Why is it like this? I can't stand shinies that barely change at all. I would've given it a cool black and red shiny like Charizard.
  • Bramblin/Brambleghast: What'd I just say?! I can barely tell the difference on these guys. Brambleghast is a little better, it looks sort of dry and wilted which is thematically true to form, but it's still bland as a shiny palette.
  • Wooper: Soft pleasant pink. Very nice, no notes.
  • Tangela/Tangrowth: Eh... I feel hypocritical saying this after praising Espeon for having the exact same shade of lurid green, but it doesn't work as well here. I would have liked it more if it was a darker olive color, like real plant life.
  • Muk: This is more like it. Sludgy perfection.
  • Umbreon: it's not my personal favorite shiny, but it is undoubtedly iconic. I really like how it looks in Gen 2.
  • Jolteon: I personally used to despise this gross lemon-lime color, but oddly it's started to grow on me over time... not bad.
  • Shellder/Cloyster: Absolutely LOVE blue Cloyster, it looks amazing in Gen 3. Spicy Shellder is just okay I guess, wouldn't have been my first choice though.
  • Cryogonal: Sky blue and a complementary pop of orange? Neat!
  • Xurkitree: Nah, not even a little. Black looks way better.
  • Porygon/2/-Z: I dunno. By all means I should like this blue/ivory combo but for some reason it just doesn't really do it for me. It looks better on Porygon than its evolutions, at least.
  • Ferrothorn: It's alright. The transition to 3D didn't do it much justice, unfortunately — the red looks washed out, and the gold became too vivid and fake-looking.
  • Yamask/Cofagrigus/Runerigus: cute! I don't know if I prefer it over the regular palette, but the candylike colors are fun.
  • Garganacl: It looks like fried tofu. :slowpoke: It's not terrible, but making it pink at least would have been funny since, y'know, it's rock salt.
  • Baltoy/Claydol: meh? Honestly no opinion either way. It looks fine. The original is still better IMO.
  • Klefki: I really don't like how so many silver Pokémon turn gold when they're shiny, it feels like an extremely overdone and obvious choice... but this is a rare example of it being done well.
  • Kingler: I love it! Nice deep mossy color.
  • Starmie: My FAVORITE shiny. Seriously. That sapphire just looks sooo pretty, and so does the coral trim.
  • Weezing: Another one that I consider the best. What would you call it, muted turquoise? It looks great alongside the purple smoke.
I'll stop myself here, but extra honorable mentions to my faves Slugma, Magnemite, Barbaracle, Victreebel, Spiritomb, Snorunt/Glalie, and Voltorb/Electrode for having some absolutely great shinies.

And a dishonorable mention to my poor little Gholdengo, for having the worst one ever. I love Gholdengo but it deserved a way cooler shiny. why couldn't you just be silver? what's wrong with you? :tentacruel:

• Midnight Lycanroc: Oh absolutely. They made the best choice by specifically choosing that super saturated dark blue, it's the perfect contrast to the dark, blood red of the standard palette. The red eyes also really pop against the blue in a way that they don't really manage on the standard palette. I still think I like the red better, but the blue is very good.
  • Buizel: Nnnnnnnno. The white ring is a cute touch, but the yellow just doesn't look good, imo.
  • Incineroar: Another miss. The white clashes way too hard with the other colours, and I feel like this is one of those shinies that would've been better served by tweaking the rest of the colours a bit, rather than just swapping out one colour.
  • Zeraora: Not a huge fan of this one, either. White and yellow don't mix well imo, and I honestly feel like keeping the base body black rather than blue would've looked better.
  • Lucario: I think this one worked better in the sprites. Like a lot of Pokemon colours, the yellow got washed out bad in the jump to 3D, and I think it hurt the look a lot. Also, same as Zeraora, I think keeping the black black instead of switching to blue would've been better.
  • Simisage: Same as Lucario, looked better in the sprites. Models washed it out and hurt the look, but the sprite looked pretty good.
  • Golurk: I think the main body looks pretty good, but... I don't know if it's the actual colour that's the problem, or just the way that it tends to be lit, but I'm not sure the green highlights work super well.
  • Trevenant: I really, like the white and red combo on this one, doesn't clash anywhere near as badly as when Incineroar does it. I don't think I'm a huge fan of the eye, it doesn't stand out anywhere near as well, but overall pretty solid.
  • Pangoro: Absolutely love the brownish-red on its fur. The hands are maybe a bit too bright? Kinda looks like his hands are all bloody in a way I don't really like, but the main body is good.
  • Drakloak: Oh god no. OH GOD NO! What the fuck is THIS?! This is actually horrendous in every way. I hate this.
Huh, a solid 50/50 on my top 10. A lot of those also had points I was either mixed on or really just didn't like, but like, close enough, I guess?

Let's see here:
  • Goodra - Ehh. I don't like it but I don't hate it either. It's shiny palette just is.
  • Eevee - Yeah, I'd say I like shiny Eevee
  • Espeon - Well it's just green but I do find it striking, so I do like it
  • Gardevoir - Not really. Just like with Goodra, I don't like it but I don't hate it. It's fine. I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
  • Glaceon - Nah, this one is one of those shinies where the shiny palette is too close to the non-shiny one. Not a fan of those, it's just regular Glaceon but they turned up the lightness in Photoshop.
  • Gothitelle - I could basically the same as I just did for Glaceon. Not a big fan of it, it's too similar to the regular palette.
  • Sylveon - Honestly? Yeah I do like it. Sure shiny Sylveon is literally just reversing the blue and pinks from its normal palette, but it somehow works.
  • Primarina - Again nnnnnnnnnot really. Other than the hair being blonde and not blue, this is one of those 'too similar to the non-shiny ones' to me.
  • Scorbunny - It's once more once of those 'I don't like it but I don't hate it either' shinies. Looks different enough but it's just kinda boring, y'know?
  • Fidough - HELL yes, shiny Fidough looks like they got baked with butter on them. Don't eat them. 10/10 perfect shiny.

Back
Top Bottom