• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like your favorite Pokémon's shiny palette?

Vileplume - I don’t hate it, but I prefer the deep blue and red of the original

Rapidash - pretty, but would have rather kept it Ponyta’s blue instead

Teddiursa - don’t hate it, the mint green’s much better than the radioactive green on Ursaring; Ursaluna in red has to be my favorite though

Zacian - like that it and Zamazenta‘a shinies are based off their names. I like Zacian more for its overall design rather than just its color scheme so gonna say it’s even between shiny and regular.

Oddish becomes too green for my liking. It's one of the earlier shinies where it seems GF just slapped a filter on it and called it a day.

Binacle's shiny is one that always reminds me of candy canes because of its stripes. Like I know that the rest of it doesn't look even slightly festive, but it's what always comes to mind for me first.

zekrom: ik people probably think its shiny is boring but i've always loved it, especially how its lighting turns green instead of the usual blue! idk how many pokemon have a dynamic element like that change with shininess (shiny reshiram's magenta fire is also really awesome)
silvally: the gold instead of silver is a really nice touch! i was so happy to get one in that event a while back
zoroark: LOVE love this shiny so much. honestly one of the best shinies of all time imo
sylveon: it's still so awesome to me that they inverted its normal color scheme. simple but VERY effective, wish they did stuff like this more often
koraidon: i'm a huge fan of black so this one just blew me away. i REALLY hope we get a distribution at some point!!!

lurantis: it's kind of eh for me. it's not bad or anything, i even somewhat like it, but i like the pink for them much, much more.
gallade: it's cute! i still prefer their normal colour scheme here as well, but i think it's pretty nice--if i was a shiny hunter, i wouldn't mind shiny hunting for it. (however, i do think the shinies in bw/bw2 + dppt are better than the ones after; i like how the white on them changes to a more pinkish colour, but it doesn't do that anymore after those games.)
shinx: love it!!! on par with the normal colours--i might even like it a little bit more. it's just very cute and i love the shade of yellow & orange used. another case of if i had the patience for it, i'd definitely shiny hunt for this little guy.

mareanie's shiny is gorgeous to me, i love the red and orange! i've drawn it several times lol
hisuian sneasel's is also really nice to me, i love dark colors with gold as an accent

Aggron's shiny colors are nice, with the red eyes and copper green, but I'd rather go with dark blue Nidoking all day every day. Same goes for electric blue Electrike

Snubbull's shiny sprites were pretty alright. But the 3D makes the colors look awful.

I'd keep the ear tips and nose black. Keep the feet the same color as the original too. Then I'd just invert the pink and blue on the bodies if I didn't wanna change too much from the original shiny.

shiny absol is okay. a downgrade, i think, but i don't mind it. it's absol, so it could be puke green-yellow and i think i would still love it.
for my runners-up... i can't actually choose between the sylveon designs, they're both awesome, but i almost think i like the shiny variant more. i actually love both torchic equally to be completely honest. (i just love torchic ><) both zorua are precious as well, and i like both hitmontop colorations also

in terms of some of my favorite pokemon i dislike the shiny of, i'm gonna have to give it to hydreigon and weavile. the green and purple look weird on hydreigon to me, and the bright pink just does not fit weavile at all imo.
i think togekiss is the most overhated shiny, personally (bringing it up bc it's my favorite gen 4 mon). people think it just took on more of a cream color. they also switched the blue and red on the speckles and tips of its wings, and it's easy to miss but i think it's adorable

deoxys' shiny palette is... a palette. it sure does exist.
shiny spinda isnt the most appealing but not super unappealing either.
shiny meowscarada doesnt change a lot but it looks SO GOOD
shiny mawile and mega mawile are beautiful and i love them

I’ve never liked Lucario’s piss-yellow shiny. The slightly teal shade that all the black parts changed to isn’t very pleasing to the eye, and I wish the torso fur was kept a neutral color.

With that said, Hawlucha’s shiny is perfection. I love how all the colors are switched up, 10/10

Walrein's shiny version is a shade of purple that's a bit overused on water type Pokémon... Let's say I'm fine with it (I've never even had any kind of luck in finding shinies to begin with).

mareep.png
whimsicott.png

yes yes yes

Back
Top Bottom