• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you play Pokemon using internet challenges!?

No. I just play the main story, then run around and catch the remaining Pokémon. That's about it.

Last edited:
I've done Bug monotype in Leaf Green without visiting a single Pokemon center. The amount of grinding was incredible. Never quite finished it.

I've considered trying Pokemon hard mode (Nuzlocke challenge with items prohibited), but it just seems to torturous.

I'm doing a nuzlocke on Pearl right now. It's fun.

I'm also considering doing a scramble run on Black 2 (when I get it). I have White 2, but I don't want to do so on W2.

I think we can all agree that some internet challenges are just silly. They require no more in game skill but merely require further grinding. Some are fun though.

Personally, I've never done a challenge. It's always been something I've been kinda curious about trying out, but I think I always get too attached to my Pokemon to ever do one. Perhaps one day I might work up the courage to give Nuzlocke a try. :3

Well, I do mono-type runs sometimes, they're pretty fun. I haven't been bothered to try a nuzlocke yet though.

I've taken to getting both (or all three) games in a set for the past couple generations. I play through the first game normally and then do something more with the other.

I did a solo run in Pearl using only piplup; I was originally going to evolve her but something compelled me not to. I did have three other pokemon on my team for HM's sake, but I didn't use them in battle unless I was forced into a double battle. By the time she beat the elite four she was level 91. No level grinding involved even, it's pretty easy to over level when one pokemon's taking on all the experience points.

In Black I did a bug monotype run. It was a pain at first since BW are the first games that you don't get any bugs on the first route so I had to stick with my starter for the first gym. After I could trade I borrowed something from my White to surf to get the larvesta egg, because otherwise I couldn't actually start my run until after the second gym and that just wouldn't do. After I got to pinwheel forest and actually started to build up my team it became more bearable.

I've been wanting to use Heart Gold for a Nuzlocke, but I'd want to do a comic with it and I just haven't been up to it.

I don't know why so many people seem to be saying that these sorts of things aren't fun. Changing up your normal game play may not seem fun to you, but to some of us it actually is. I find it kind of boring to play the game the same way every single time, and main series Pokemon games kind of play the same each time minus setting changes and maybe a few game mechanics. Nothing wrong with changing it up to have a different kind of fun with it.

I have tried a nuzlocke challenge on Pokémon Ruby some months ago. My starter, Treecko, died because Brawly landed a critical hit on it...after that the nuzlocke challenge was kinda boring to me. I kept finding the same boring Pokémon on routes I didn't want and the few good ones died due to critical hits. I had a team of 5 and was near the 7th gym but the whole thing bored me and sucked the fun out of Pokémon if you ask me. The point of nuzlocke challenges is to get more attached to you Pokémon but the opposite was happening actually.

btw, I didn't release the Pokémon who fainted, I put them in a special box called "cemetery". That was the most fun I had with the thing. ^^;

I don't know why so many people seem to be saying that these sorts of things aren't fun. Changing up your normal game play may not seem fun to you, but to some of us it actually is. I find it kind of boring to play the game the same way every single time, and main series Pokemon games kind of play the same each time minus setting changes and maybe a few game mechanics. Nothing wrong with changing it up to have a different kind of fun with it.

I actually have the opposite problem, now; I only Nuzlocke, and see normal gameplay as boring, haha.

I dare you to try it in conjunction with the game's actual Hard Mode :3

Oh god, that won't end well. 8D; Why not, my game erased itself again. I'll go try!

Didn't actually expect you to take me up on that--please document! :D

I dare you to try it in conjunction with the game's actual Hard Mode :3

Oh god, that won't end well. 8D; Why not, my game erased itself again. I'll go try!

Didn't actually expect you to take me up on that--please document! :D

8D If you really want to keep track, I can document it. Not until Friday or Saturday, though, I have two tests coming up. @A@; I can make use of the Bulbagarden Blog feature now, hehe! My second attempt at Nuzlocke with White 2...on Hard Mode. Should be fun.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom