• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use 2 DS consoles/systems?

Radiuh

Reaction score
I'm really really contemplating the idea of buying a 2nd DS so I can increase the things I can do with my pokemon. For starters, trade evolutions and the white forest. I could really really use all of your help. Thank you.

I use two DS systems. A DS lite and DSi. It's really useful if you want to evolve pokemon via trade, or start a game with all the starters of that region. Both of mine were gifts though, so if you just plan on using it for simple purposes it's best to buy an older model.

I wish I had a second system. I usually resort to borrowing my sister's DS Lite when she isn't around. :p

I guess if you have the original DS, like me, then it wouldn't hurt to get a newer one (DS Lite or DSi), just in case the older one craps out.

It is useful, but I only have two because I got a 3DS and I wanted to hold onto my dear original DS. If you want to do things like trading with yourself unless you can somehow get a really cheap DS, perhaps it's just best to see if you can set something up with a friend over Wi-fi to trade it from one of your games and then trading from your friend's game to your other game. (Although, you wouldn't be able to increase White Forest/Black City with this because that's wireless only.)

I use my boyfriend's :D

I was going to buy a second a couple of days ago, so I could continue pal parking my pokemon, and found a few online for $40-50. They're the original models, but it's totally what I would get.

I have three.

1. a DS Lite to be able to trade and transfer from Gen III
2. a DSi XL (Super Mario 25th anniversary edition) as my main one
3. a 3DS for trading, and to be ready for Gen VI

As sad as it sounds, yes. I use my DS Phat and DSi when transferring Pokemon from Platinum and SoulSilver, and again when transferring from SS/Platinum to Black.

I have an American 3DS and a Japanese DSi LL, and I tend to use them for trades and such when needed. Sadly, I don't exactly get a good experience out of my 3DS when playing DS games, but it's usable.

I have three.

1. a DS Lite to be able to trade and transfer from Gen III
2. a DSi XL (Super Mario 25th anniversary edition) as my main one
3. a 3DS for trading, and to be ready for Gen VI

I had the exact except the 3DS is my brothers. My DS Lite kinda snapped in half :p

I have:

1. A DS Lite - For transferring Pokemon from Gen III to IV, but as my DS Lite's top screen doesn't work nowadays, I have to borrow my brother's DS Lite to do that.
  2. A DSi - For transferring Pokemon between Gen IV and V.
  3. A 3DS - My main one.

I have a 3DS and an old DS Lite. Haven't used the DS Lite in ages, but I will occasionally for trading.

I own a DS Lite, a DSi and a 3DS. I bought my DS Lite back when I had a a DS Phat for trading purposes. Then when my DS Phat broke I purchased a DSi.

However, I won't be buying a second 3DS - my little brother owns one xD

For years, I have always borrowed my brother's DS original to trade with my DS original, but now I have a 3DS, a wireless modem and Bulbagarden to make life easier.

I own a broken original DS and a 3DS. I used to use the original DS, but now I just use my brothers DS Lite as a second system when I really need to (for trading over things).

I have the original, two DS Lites, a DSi, and a 3DS. With these many DS's, I have a difficult telling which battery it uses and how many times I've used it before it truly expires in order to trade myself.

I only have a DSi. Whenever I need to trade, I just trade with my best friend (the only other person I know who also likes to play Pokémon). I don't trade much anyway.

I traded in my DSi on a 3DS and kept an old used DS Lite I bought from a friend for $35. It's really helpful, especially if you need to migrate something all the way from the 3rd Gen to Black/White.

I used to have 2, but my old DS decided that it didn't feel appreciated anymore and that it should stop working :mad:
I have a DSi, but I plan on buying a DS lite soon for this, and because I want to be able to play the GBA Pokemon games again

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom