• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use 2 DS consoles/systems?

I have a DS Lite, which I've had since 2010 and a 3DS that I got in time for the Ambassador Program. I only get one version of each pair, but it does/ will come in handy for Poketransfer/ trading. In fact, two Pokemon on my planned B2 team will be from trading because I might as well take advantage of having two compatible consoles within a gen.

Currently I've got an original DS and DS lite. Since the lite came out before pokemon games came out, I already had two systems and didn't need to buy a second to be able to play. Unfortunately I've lost my charger for my original DS, so by the time I get BW2 I'll probably also be buying a 3DS.

Hey guys, just wanted to update this and say that I broke down and decided to buy one.

I have a DSlite from 2008 as a gift, a DSi from 2009, and a 3DS last year as a gift.

I use the DSi and 3DS usually for trading reasons (now I use the GTS), but occasionly, I use the DSlite. None are broken.

It's not a bad invesment. You can find any DS sytem, cheap, if you look hard enough. I mean, if you're just going to use it to trade with yourself, you can buy a used one for about $50 (prices taken from Amazon.com).

I have three...

I have 3 also. I was using an old GBA and my fiance took pity on me and bought me a DS Lite. Then we got DSi's for Christmas one year and I just bought myself a 3DS last month. I bought all the pokemon games I could because my husband won't play his copies with me. He says he dislikes the grinding involved in pokemon and since I had just finished school when I started playing, I didn't know anyone else to play with (I didn't think to come online to find other players...newfangled technology!)

I bought my 3DS partially for the 3D and partially because I figure that I may as well get one since they are introducing some pokemon features on it with Black and White and now BW2. Also my Lite used some connection to wifi that my newer router refuses to support.

But I used to just use my Lite and husband's to trade.

No, because I ain't rich. I live in Brazil, and my DSi cost about 600 monies. You know, taxes, shipping and stuff.

Let's see:
I have two DS fats, my husband has two DS Lites, a 3DS and for my birthday I just got a 3DS of my own. In Aqua Blue, of course. ;) So yeah, we don't have to worry about finding a second system to trade between games. Having the DS fats makes it real easy to do shiny rescues: I have a few Legendaries on Emerald that I can part with and score the level 100 Arceus that someone in France wants for their shiny Golett.

Man, I hope my DS fats keep working for a while. You have no idea how taxing a shiny rescue can be without the proper equipment. :phew:

I use my DSi and my 3DS to transfer pokemon from Gen 4 to Gen 5. And I also use my broken DS lite which somehow still functions with my DSi to trade pokemon between the Gen 4 games.

I just have my DS Phat. It's troublesome because I have no way of trading unless I can find someone on the forums to help me out. I'd love to have an extra to do quick trades and that, but it's an expense I can't really justify at the moment.

I have four...

2 Original DSes
1 Dsi
1 3DS

I used to have two Gameboys...

1 Gameboy Color (Pikachu addition)
1 Gameboy Advance SP
1 Gameboy Advance (Lost this one...)

I have a DS Lite (which is about to die on me :p) and a DSi. Very handy for trading and other things.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom