• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

does attract work on humans?

Dave43

Reaction score
Attract only cares about gender, it even works on pokemon in difference egg groups so would it work on humans

While I'm not entirely sure, there is precedent for such a thing being possible. For instance, the old Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon website talked about how Salandit's pheromones not only works on Pokémon of the opposite gender, but also works on humans. Also, like you said, Attract works on opposite-gendered Pokémon regardless of egg groups.

If I were to take a guess, I think that only humanoid Pokémon—both those within the Human-like egg group and a handful outside of it—would be able to truly get Attract to work on humans (putting aside one specific Pokémon's pheromones of course).

You would first have to determine if you are talking about the emotional state, or it's use as a form of power, and if there is a difference in the pokemon world. As far as I know, the move has never been used on humans in any game, and I don't know if it's been done in the anime. The emotion itself has been shown in a number of instances across all media having to do with Pokemon. The rest would have to do with what a pokemon move is, and there is no explanation of that in anything.

My point of view would take it as a form of manipulation by will, which would require that the emotional state itself can exist first. In a way, that would mean there is no real difference, other than a pokemon move makes it happen outside of the target's mental state.

Tl;dr: yes, it can happen. At least to me it does.

In fact, I've seen a lot of episodes of the anime (more than 600), and I don't remember ever seen this attack used on a human.
I'm sure than it's not in any official games.
But, since the attack works on ANY Pokemon (even from Gyarados to Pichu), yes ... I think it can work on humans too.

We have to ask ourselves the question, is it controlling pheromones, or or controlling emotions? Controlling emotion would be a Psychic-type move (insert shiver into spine here) So it is controlling pheromone, more than likely. Of course fairies have magic but manipulating thought should be reserved for Psychic types. But if Attract is using pheromones, why mention in her pokedex that Salazzle uses pheromones that work on humans? In that case, I think they are just flirting and being hot. More evidence for this theory is that Attract has a chance to work. If the Pokemon is just being P.H.A.T (look up "What does P.H.A.T stand for?" if you don't get it the joke.), why shouldn't it work on humans?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom