• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dogasu's Backpack Discussion

Are you serious? What else can these two extra eps be?... it's pretty obvious...
But whatever... you'll see eventually after these eps air and the official site will list them as 1135-1136

The Kaberune ep, or "The Pure Hearted Bug Type" ep or "The Meteorite ep" anythin' hell they could be Clip show eps we dont know for sure.

That doesn't make any sense at all... if BW was part of Season 13, they'd fill up the Season to 52 eps, not to 36 =\

Happy eleventh anniversary!

:D

hhhhuh.png

Congrats on 11 years Dogasu! Hard to believe your website is older than a few Bulbagarden members! :ksmile:

There's an untranslatable pun in the Japanese version involving the word doku (毒), or "poison," but I can't really make out enough of it to be able to transcribe it properly. Doing these comparisons without closed captions has that side effect, y'know.

Hopefully pocketmonsters.net will be able to provide us with the exact dialogue when they get their edit list up.

毒だけに お気の毒

Our half-assed translation was "Our compoisson for the poison". It's not an entirely untranslatable pun, but I'm not going to pretend the result is any good or anything either.

With the Galactic Battles DVDs, I hightly doubt the runtimes are accurate, considering the first box set (with volumes 1 and 2) says 15 episodes on the top (which is all the SD episodes), and the second box set (volumes 3 and 4) says 12 episodes.

This has probably been done so the widescreen episodes are on a seperate release from the 4:3 episodes.

Also, you can tell that the episode lists on volumes 3 and 4 are innacurate because of the Pokemon on the cover. Empoleon appears in the Sandalstraw contest and Ping Pong episodes (which is meant to be in volume 3, 1216-1221), and Regigigas appears in the Snowpoint Temple episode (which is meant to be in volume 4 1222-1227).

DB said:
The reference to Black & White was added by TPCI. Maybe you remember TPCI doing this kind of thing before?
Weird... I've watched the 9th movie in Japanese many times and the Rocket-dan do talk about diamonds and pearls in one scene.

James: "Bingo! My favorite bling!"
Jessie: "(laughs) Is it gold? Silver? Platinum?"
Meowth: "Rubies or sapphires? Although diamonds and pearls rock too!"
James: "It's not quite that black and white."

The reference to Black & White was added by TPCI. Maybe you remember TPCI doing this kind of thing before?

Originally, Kojirou was telling the Dokukurage to get out of his way. To my knowledge, the idiomatic expression "it's not quite that black and white" doesn't really exist in Japanese, and there wouldn't have been any way to work the English words burakku and howaito into the script without it sounding awkward as hell.
I admit, this change actually got a laugh out of me; and feels like a change for the better. I know, I laughed at Team Rocket! Only time I ever did with TPCi xD

The site's being updated with miscellaneous news about the 3DS... but what really interests me is that Dogasu believes that they'll be remakes of Ruby and Sapphire on the 3DS, something which would really surprise me if it happens.

Would surprise me also, because this makes no sense at all.
Generation V started on DS and judging by other generations, should end on DS. So... Ruby and Sapphhire remakes should be for DS.

:smokin:

Would surprise me also, because this makes no sense at all.
Generation V started on DS and judging by other generations, should end on DS. So... Ruby and Sapphhire remakes should be for DS.

:smokin:

See, I don't think there should be any Ruby and Sapphire remakes at all because there's absolutely no point to them (besides making the cash cow go moo, of course).

Yeah, HG/SS was expected because there were Pokémon that were completely unavailable unless you owned a Gamecube, a transfer cable and one of the RPGs. But with R/S all the Pokémon that were on there were available one way or another.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised if they do come but I would be disappointed.

The update doesn't seem to indicate to me that Dogasu thinks the recently announced 3DS games are Ruby/Sapphire remakes; it just puts forward his theory that they will happen, and when they do, they will be on the 3DS.

See, I don't think there should be any Ruby and Sapphire remakes at all because there's absolutely no point to them (besides making the cash cow go moo, of course).

That alone is a significant point.

Yeah, HG/SS was expected because there were Pokémon that were completely unavailable unless you owned a Gamecube, a transfer cable and one of the RPGs.

But they didn't have to remake Hg/Ss in order to give away the Pokemon in question. They could've done event giveaways.

But also what Ryu Shoji said.

Ryu Shoji said:
I admit, this change actually got a laugh out of me; and feels like a change for the better. I know, I laughed at Team Rocket! Only time I ever did with TPCi xD

Fudge, this is some dialogue I wish I first heard on my own. But oh well...

Yeah, HG/SS was expected because there were Pokémon that were completely unavailable unless you owned a Gamecube, a transfer cable and one of the RPGs. But with R/S all the Pokémon that were on there were available one way or another.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be surprised if they do come but I would be disappointed.

Ruby/Sapphire are almost a decade old. There's no reason not to doubt Hoenn won't be re-visited in the games in some form.

I doubt the anime would go back to Hoenn though, for the same reason they didn't go back to Johto. There's nothing for Ash to do in an older region.

If they have R/S remakes then they could do something similar to what they did for HG/SS in the anime with Lyra and kind of have a Hoenn festival. Plus notice how in Sinnoh they were showing a lot of Johto pokemon before we knew about the remakes? Maybe later they'll show some Hoenn pokemon in Isshu or have Iris or Dento get a Hoenn starter. Plus there's the Battle Frontier option as well.

they could set up a BF in the Eastern Unova, thus doubling as a reason to visit it

^ I know, I just wanted to throw in what I threw in.

Meron said:
Weird... I've watched the 9th movie in Japanese many times and the Rocket-dan do talk about diamonds and pearls in one scene.

Do any of them mention anything about it sounding like a good name for a game?

Back
Top Bottom