• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP 99 and 100 titles

Sushi:
Found someone who had the Animedia summaries as well, and they contained a tiny bit more information, though not really crucial:

DP099:
(continued from the other summary)...but the group finds out that there is no Wurmple in the training center. When Ash asks about the Pokémon's whereabouts, Aaron falters. It turns out that Aaron has a past he doesn't want to talk about to anyone...

DP100:
- The group visits the Pokémon Center to watch Cynthia's title defense - the Champions League match she mentioned at the end of the Galactic special - on TV. (I think that's the reason why the subject of Chimchar crops up again when Ash and Paul start arguing.)
- It seems like Ash has trouble handling Grotle since it now lacks the sharp movements it had as a Turtwig.
- Last line of the summary: "Paul's Torterra watches the match silently."

I hope we get to see Lucas with his Platina outfit (because the DP one was in movie 11) battle Cynthia
And the thing with Aaron's Wurmple sounds interesting

I hope we get to see Lucas with his Platina outfit (because the DP one was in movie 11) battle Cynthia
If that were to happen, Lucas would be shown losing to Cynthia. Considering that the character's existence in the anime only serves to reference his game counterpart, I don't see the point of having him lose.

In Wallace's debut episode, the writers could have shown a flashback of his last Champion League match and established Brendan as the new Champion. However, they did not; it would seem that they are not in favor of depicting the player characters as being capable of becoming Master Champions. If so, they should at least not depict them as being incapable of that.

But in Wallace's episodes there wasn't any flashback to a battle at all
This time we see Cynthia battle someone for the Champion title and I'd like to see Lucas battle her just like in the games (it's not like your game character can't lose to her)
I just find it to be better than stick there a random character

Wow, even more blatant foreshadowing for an Elite 4 championship.

I'll admit it, if Ash doesn't battle the Elite 4 at the end of this saga I'll be VERY disappointed. There are so many hints that he might actually win the Sinnoh league and challenge the Elite 4 this time, I can't wait.

I can't see any reason for them to not do the E4 challenge
It shouldn't take more than 10 episodes anyway (2 episodes for each E4 member and knowing them I won't be surprised of some will get just one)
To win a league won't end Ash's journey - especially if he lose to Cynthia
Than I'd like to see him beat the Champion of the next generation... but after that I really can't see what they can make him do without making it seem stupid that he's a Champion that challenge Gyms again

Wow, even more blatant foreshadowing for an Elite 4 championship.

I'll admit it, if Ash doesn't battle the Elite 4 at the end of this saga I'll be VERY disappointed. There are so many hints that he might actually win the Sinnoh league and challenge the Elite 4 this time, I can't wait.

Indeed. If this isn't foreshadowing that Satoshi will be facing the Sinnoh E4, then I don't know what could be.

Also, I'm interested to see what Aaron's trying to hide. And who could be Shirona's opponent in the match for the Championship.

Indeed. If this isn't foreshadowing that Satoshi will be facing the Sinnoh E4, then I don't know what could be.

Also, I'm interested to see what Aaron's trying to hide. And who could be Shirona's opponent in the match for the Championship.

Huh. I have been thinking the same thing. I just hope he is not some random Testuya-like guy created exclusively for the anime. It would be twice sad if he actually won.

But whoever he is, I believe he/she will fail to win with Shirona. Satoshi must battle Shirona someday. He has to!

I'm just wondering one thing. If they are going to make Battle Frontier saga, then what's with E4. When will Satoshi battle them? And finally, how exactly are they challenged? Can they be challenged anytime? Because this episode seems to deny the "win the league and then fight with them" theory. Maybe Shin'ou does not have League Tournament at all and has Elite Four like in the game.

Anyway, if they want to feature Frontier with Kurotsugu, they should introduce DP Rival (think ten times before saying "Kengo"!). Kurotsugu is not half as interesting without his son.

So, maybe that epi is a good occasion to introduce the rival?

Huh. I have been thinking the same thing. I just hope he is not some random Testuya-like guy created exclusively for the anime. It would be twice sad if he actually won.

But whoever he is, I believe he/she will fail to win with Shirona. Satoshi must battle Shirona someday. He has to!

I'm just wondering one thing. If they are going to make Battle Frontier saga, then what's with E4. When will Satoshi battle them? And finally, how exactly are they challenged? Can they be challenged anytime? Because this episode seems to deny the "win the league and then fight with them" theory. Maybe Shin'ou does not have League Tournament at all and has Elite Four like in the game.

Anyway, if they want to feature Frontier with Kurotsugu, they should introduce DP Rival (think ten times before saying "Kengo"!). Kurotsugu is not half as interesting without his son.

Why should they introduce the DP rival? Wally, Brendan and Silver never appeared in the anime. Besides Pearl is just as annoying as Kenny.

Why should they introduce the DP rival? Wally, Brendan and Silver never appeared in the anime. Besides Pearl is just as annoying as Kenny.

Because of Kurotsugu. Read closely.

Unless they don't introduce Battle Frontier at all. But it would suck...

The Battle Frontier of Sinnoh is probably not going to be covered in the anime, there is just not time.

By AG100 Ash had his 7th Hoenn badge and it was practically over, by DP100 Ash only has 4 badges.

The only reason Battle Frontier was brought into the anime last gen is because Hoenn was sped through (probably because everyone complained how long Johto was, so Hoenn went by quicker), and the writers needed another arc to buy time for DP.

After Sinnoh we're all hoping for an Elite 4 tournament of some kind, but by the time we get there the 5th gen stuff will be gearing up so I doubt we'll get any other arc after Sinnoh for DP.

It would be twice sad if he actually won.

I think it's obvious whoever that is, he'll lose to Cynthia to make it so she's still the Champion when Ash challenge them

When will Satoshi battle them?

Probably immediately/shortly after he win the League

And finally, how exactly are they challenged?

I got the impression it's a tournament like thing but probablt similar to the Wallace Cup in that each battle is in one day so you and your Pokémon have a day break before the next battle

Maybe Shin'ou does not have League Tournament at all and has Elite Four like in the game.

But the Champion is "Champion League Master"
Ash is now collecting badges to enter the SINNOH League... from Lucain's episode we can get that if Ash win the Sinnoh League than he can participate at the Champion League were he'll battle the E4 and Cynthia

Some people didn't understand correctly what Lucain said and thought one can only challenge the E4 of their own region... but that's false
He actually said that if you win the Sinnoh league you battle the Sinnoh E4, beat the Hoenn league and you battle the Hoenn E4
At least I think that how it was when I checked what he said some time ago

Also if it's a tournament with a break after each battle like I said - they can easily make it 10 episodes (2 for each battle) and even less than that if they'll rush it like they like to do
So being so little amount of episodes, it won't prevent a BF saga

I really think Kenny should have been based on him... it's so stupid when it's similar enough (childhood friend and rival of Dawn, just like it's in the games when you play as a girl) and his design is so much better than Kenny's
I'd like him to appear sometime to make up for that

The Battle Frontier of Sinnoh is probably not going to be covered in the anime, there is just not time.

By AG100 Ash had his 7th Hoenn badge and it was practically over, by DP100 Ash only has 4 badges.

The only reason Battle Frontier was brought into the anime last gen is because Hoenn was sped through (probably because everyone complained how long Johto was, so Hoenn went by quicker), and the writers needed another arc to buy time for DP.

After Sinnoh we're all hoping for an Elite 4 tournament of some kind, but by the time we get there the 5th gen stuff will be gearing up so I doubt we'll get any other arc after Sinnoh for DP.

I disagree, because there is no 5th gen Pokemon revealed, and I doubt there will be one revealed anytime soon, so I kind of doubt there will be one on in the 12th movie and by then Ash should at least have six badges.

The longer it takes to reveal the next gen the more likely Ash will be able to battle the new Battle Frontier. Plus there's only five frontier brains this time, last time we had seven. So Ash could battle the elite four and the battle frontier.

I disagree, because there is no 5th gen Pokemon revealed, and I doubt there will be one revealed anytime soon, so I kind of doubt there will be one on in the 12th movie and by then Ash should at least have six badges.

The longer it takes to reveal the next gen the more likely Ash will be able to battle the new Battle Frontier. Plus there's only five frontier brains this time, last time we had seven. So Ash could battle the elite four and the battle frontier.

I agree, I really think we'll have to waint longer to generation 5 than how we waited for generation 4
Not to mention how easy it'd be to speed up soon - Ash will probably have his 5th badge until episode 110 than they can make one Gym every 10 episodes and get to the league and GF around 140 which is only a little after AG's league/GF (around 120)
Both will probably take about 20 episodes with some episodes between them and return to Pallet or whatever so it'd take us to 160
Let's say after that there's 10 episodes E4 challenge that bring us to 170
AG had 190 episodes - if the wait for next generation will indeed be longer this time, we might get about half a year or a little more than that time to DP which bring as about 30 more episodes
So DP with this logic will be around 220 episodes with the BF saga from 170 to 220 = 50 episodes (AG's BF was around 60 with two more brains)

So yeah there's no reason not to get E4 and BF
We should get them both since it doesn't seems like they hurry with the next generation

The only way I could see the writers doing a Battle Frontier arc is if they introduce Pearl, since that would lead into Palmer. I think they should - Dawn has Kenny and Zoey for rivals, while Ash only has Paul.

Not that I'd want another Battle Frontier to be treated as "Gym batt- I mean frontier battles and contests, just like the rest of the show" but if there does end up being a Gold/Silver remake (and it wouldn't surprise me, Platinum seems to be moving away from Gen. 3 reliance), it'd be a perfect way to lead into a Johto return arc, and they could deal with some things like Team Rocket and the Johto starters.

I don't see why some think they'll be another Battle Frontier arc just because its in the games.

If its taken Ash 100 eps into Sinnoh to earn 4 badges, it might take about 70 or so for him to get his last 4.

Add that with the Sinnoh league, the Grand Festival, and whatever Galactic episodes there are, and that will probably take up most of those 70 episodes, leaving only 20 or so eps leftover for a possible Elite 4 tournament.

While D/P as a whole will probably go on a little longer than AG because the 5th gen stuff is still ways off, I still can't see it going on more than 230 or so episodes.

The only way I could see the writers doing a Battle Frontier arc is if they introduce Pearl, since that would lead into Palmer.

They don't really -have- to show DP rival to make the BF and Palmer... but I hope he'll appear

I think they should - Dawn has Kenny and Zoey for rivals, while Ash only has Paul.

If Ash gets another rival it should be a girl
We had Gary and now we have Paul (and possibly Nando for both)
There are also other possibilities for Ash's rivals (and if not recurring rivals like Paul, maybe at least opponents in the League) like Minnie, Allan, Leona and possibly others I forgot

Not that I'd want another Battle Frontier to be treated as "Gym batt- I mean frontier battles and contests, just like the rest of the show"

There's no other way to do it when you want to have the thing take a whole saga and also let Dawn have her own plot
My problem with the BF wasn't that it was all over Kanto like Gyms but that the battles themselves also were regular battles like Gyms instead of using a rental Pokémon or let the Pokémon battle how they want instead of give orders and so on - I hope they fix that in the next BF

but if there does end up being a Gold/Silver remake (and it wouldn't surprise me, Platinum seems to be moving away from Gen. 3 reliance), it'd be a perfect way to lead into a Johto return arc, and they could deal with some things like Team Rocket and the Johto starters.

I'd like to see the Johto starters back on the team... they deserve some spotlight and trainings after how neglected they were
Instead of giving them to Dawn like they did with May, they can just let Ash take his own back

During Hoenn Ash had that "fresh start" so he couldn't take them without breaking this decision and also the Kanto starters should stay where they are currently so he can't really take them for a whole journey but just for certain battles... this time Ash didn't say anything about "fresh start" and Aipom destroed any intention to that and it doesn't matter they traded (he already used it for his Sinnoh Gyms so he can't say he used all new except Pika) and also the Johto starters aren't needed at Oak's
In addition to all that, the Johto starters need to get redeemed after what the writers did to them

While D/P as a whole will probably go on a little longer than AG because the 5th gen stuff is still ways off, I still can't see it going on more than 230 or so episodes.

I just explained how DP can be 220 episodes with E4+BF
Galactic/J/fillers/captures/evolutions/Contests can easily get in the 10 episodes between each Gym... I even gave the E4/BF and the League/GF more than what they'll probably will so they'll have even more episodes for these other things

Piplup said:
This time we see Cynthia battle someone for the Champion title and I'd like to see Lucas battle her just like in the games (it's not like your game character can't lose to her)
Since Cynthia is extremely unlikely to be usurped as the Master Champion before the series' end, having Lucas lose to her now would be equivalent to having him concede defeat for a very long time. That would be a misrepresentation of the games, where the player is very much supposed to become the Champion. It would not make sense in that it would be another cameo appearance that serves to reference the game character, yet it would contradict the respective event in the games.

Lucas' rival, on the other hand, is said in the games to have given up on defeating the Elite Four. Granted, he makes that decision after having lost to Lucas, rather than to Cynthia, but the point remains that having his anime counterpart lose to Cynthia would be a more accurate depiction of the games than your suggestion.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom