• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP gym battle poster

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
scan of the "Diamond·Pearl Gym Battle Poster"

confirmed debut of Roserade, Floatzel, and most importantly, Lucario, in future gyms.

cos it is one of the main Pokemon the water-type gym leader uses...

Well another art we've seen shows Buizel with the twerps; perhaps there'll be a Buizel vs Buizel fight?

Or maybe even Floatzel, like Pikachu vs Lt. Surge.....

I'm liking that art of Roserade. Really cannot wait for the 3rd Gym though - 'cos I can't wait to see how they handle Lucario. I mean, there's no real way they can just ignore the 8th movie when using it, surely? It's practically Mewtwo status - only without the Legendariness.

I suspect Lucario will be handled as a better than average Pokemon like Dragonite, but not be treated as a true Legendary or oober or anything.

Yeah, but what are they going to do concerning Ash's relationship with Lucario? And are they going to make this one telepathic?

It'll be interesting to see.

Really cannot wait for the 3rd Gym though - 'cos I can't wait to see how they handle Lucario. I mean, there's no real way they can just ignore the 8th movie when using it, surely? It's practically Mewtwo status - only without the Legendariness.

Why not? They didn't make a big deal out of Slowking when they saw one in Johto, despite the Slowking from Movie 2 talking.

If Lucario wasn't seemingly being hyped up as a legendary pre-D/P, then it would seem as any other ordinary Pokemon.

Like I said, Lucario is practically Mewtwo in status. And it can hardly be said that it "wasn't being hyped up as a legendary pre-D/P" considering that its movie role was unprecedented for a non-legendary and everyone was under the impression that it was one until the demos began.

Slowking's role in Movie 2 was barely more than a cameo, Lucario was the actual star of the 8th movie and had a strong relationship built up with Ash. Surely he can't just come across another one and ignore that?

Yeah, they'll just treat Lucario like it's a random Pokémon, it won't even be able to talk!

They actually did this in the TV series too. Lapras could communicate through telepathy in the Christmas episode, Holiday Hi-Jynx, yet all the others they've seen since couldn't.

Yeah, they'll just treat Lucario like it's a random Pokémon, it won't even be able to talk!

It shouldn't. There's no reason EVERY Lucario should be able to speak.

I think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment if you end up thinking the Lucario in the 3rd Gym will be treated any differently than a normal one. At the most maybe Ash and Brock will mention that they've seen a Lucario before, but there's probably not much else they'll do.

I wonder if Natane will have a Turtwig like in the games?

Also, I hope Roserade has Mukkubird's name on it. The thing needs to win.

Meh. I had expected Sumomo to have Riolu as part of their avoiding Lucario, but it seems they're taking it head-on instead....

Roserade is love.

The shadowed gym leaders look funny. XD

I'm hoping this doesn't decrease the chances of Ash catching Riolu/Lucario. With luck it shouldn't with Flannery having Torkoal and other such occurances.

Last edited:
That's one kick ass picture...Its starting to seem like the gyms are more important suddenly than contests this season...With the way there promoting the gym leaders...And the next contest is only 30 minute episode when it could have been a two parter while the gym battle with Ash is a real two parter and not just a 30 minute one...And the animation looks crappy in the contest one so I don't know...

That's one kick ass picture...Its starting to seem like the gyms are more important suddenly than contests this season...With the way there promoting the gym leaders...And the next contest is only 30 minute episode when it could have been a two parter while the gym battle with Ash is a real two parter and not just a 30 minute one...And the animation looks crappy in the contest one so I don't know...

Ah crap. This topic's going to turn into a complete bitchfest now.

>=O.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom