• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP111: The Ruins of Steel Island!

Why would Gen give his egg away to a bad guy instead of Satoshi, Hikari, Takeshi, or even Jun?

I wish this was a three parter, I mean it has all types of awsome rolled into one: Team Galactic with Mars, Jun Jun Jun, Riley and Lucario...

I wish this was a three parter, I mean it has all types of awsome rolled into one: Team Galactic with Mars, Jun Jun Jun, Riley and Lucario...

Yeah, and the next ep is wasted on a stupid Pikachu/Piplup filler where they get separated from the group. As if Piplup doesn't get enough screentime in the series already. I so wish it were Buneary/Pikachu that got lost instead.

Speaking of which, how many appearances did Team Galactic get compared to Team Magma and Aqua?

Galactic haven't had quite as many episodes as Magma/Aqua, but Galactic's not finished yet.

So far there's been
Eterna Cameo (DP036)
Veilstone Introduction (DP069)
Celestic Attack (DP096-67)
This current arc

On the contrary, Magma and Aqua had several appearences both seperately and together
Oldale Town (Magma, AG002)
Rustboro City (Aqua, AG017)
Dewford (Both, AG027)
Slateport (Magma, AG036)
Mt. Chimney (Both, AG054)
Weather Institute (Aqua and Brodie, AG083)
Final Battle (AG097-8)

Plus there's the episode Brodie appears in later on.

On the plus side also, the anime is handling the Ginga-dan with a little more care and less intuitive than the last region's antagonists. And they've already gotten two two-parter episodes and we're probably going to see them maybe two or three more times in the future. This is just one team in comparison.

Pluto? Yes please. Would they introduce him after Akagi has gone?

The preview, looking at it again, shows Lucario breaking Gen's pokéball in half.

You know, the one that he was trying to return Lucario into? Hmm.

I am glad to be the first to say this- Ash could capture Lucario!

Oh yeah, and apparantly, according to some thread on SPPF, James's Carnivine learns Vine Whip.

How is Lucario destroying its Pokeball at all an indication of Ash having a chance at capturing it? Even if he does, he'd give it back to its rightful owner.

I am glad to be the first to say this- Ash could capture Lucario!

Oh yeah, and apparantly, according to some thread on SPPF, James's Carnivine learns Vine Whip.

Satoshi wouldn't capture Gen's Lucario. That'd be like a slap in the face to Gen, whose Lucario was just taken over by Galactic's uber ray.

Plus, he's not an asshole.

Satoshi wouldn't capture Gen's Lucario. That'd be like a slap in the face to Gen, whose Lucario was just taken over by Galactic's uber ray.

Plus, he's not an asshole.

I was thinking something more along the lines of later on, once Team Galactic has been stopped, Ash is waiting for Riley to re-capture Lucario, but he refuses, and tells Ash that he is more worthy of Lucario. Perhaps Ash would've used his Aura in one way or another to help stop Team Galactic, or maybe inexplicably calmed Lucario down or something. I wasn't suggesting anything asshole-ish. I'm just saying, there's Ash and a now- wild Lucario in the same episode, so there are possibilities...

Uhh, just because the Monster Ball is broken doesn't mean that someone else can capture it. It still belongs to Gen because he didn't release it. All he needs to do is get the ball fixed, and he can recall Lucario; remember the Snorlax episode in the Orange Islands?

I don't think so.
Gen and Lucario's auras are so in tune with each others', I don't suppose how that could ever change.

Ah.
I haven't been this excited for a Pokemon EP since Mikuri Arc.
Actually no, I'm the most excited for this episode because I think DP110 was one of the best/the best eps of the season...

Not for nothing, but I wonder exactly *how* the writers will play out the remaing Galactic attacks. Jnoo pointed out the Barry-vs-Jupiter battle at Lake Acuity near Snowpoint, but there's no garauntee that the exact same scenario will occur in the anime(though it does seem quite likely).

A question just occured to me: How much has Jun/Barry's opinion of Ash changed, if at all, since their first run-in at Hearthome City?

I was thinking something more along the lines of later on, once Team Galactic has been stopped, Ash is waiting for Riley to re-capture Lucario, but he refuses, and tells Ash that he is more worthy of Lucario. Perhaps Ash would've used his Aura in one way or another to help stop Team Galactic, or maybe inexplicably calmed Lucario down or something. I wasn't suggesting anything asshole-ish. I'm just saying, there's Ash and a now- wild Lucario in the same episode, so there are possibilities...

If Lucario were to come to its senses in the aftermath of the resolution of the Galactic attack, then there's no reason---barring Riley's untimely demise---that Lucario *wouldn't* rejoin its trainer.

The only way I can see Ash having a Lucario would be if he raised one from a Riolu. The one that hatches from an egg provided by Riley would be ideal for that, especially if Ash *were* to have a direct role in calming Lucario down.

- Those Ishitsubute look funny when it's being attacked.

- Wow...Lucario just broke its Monster Ball.

- It's weird seeing two humans holding down a pokemon.

- Oh, hey Nanakamado. Hi Shirona's grandma! Hi Reiji!

- I really like how we get to see the reactions of all these people in Shin'ou.

- Pluto cameo!

- I like how this one piece of background music is playing throughout all these scenes. What do you want to bet that PUSA will replace it with like eigth different music tracks?

- I love how Gen and the others can just kind of stand there without being noticed by Mars.

- I'm actually surprised Takeshi isn't the one to stay behind. Would have been a good way to push him even further into the background than he already is.

- Usokki! Gureggru! Long time no see!

- So is Saturn supposed to be Akagi's right-hand man or something?

- That first half of the episode went by really fast. Then again, my clock is showing that it's only 7:10...

- Nice of you to warn Pikachu about Mukubird using Brave Bird, asshole.

- Is the gang actually going to win against the Ginga-Dan this time?

- Mars' bombs are like the closest we've come to actual death threats in this show.

- Ha! Hikozaru appearing actually got my hopes up for an evolution!

- So Kojirou's tears enabled Muscippa to use Vine Whip?

- It's weird seeing Takeshi use a potion on Nyasu.

- "Bye bye~." AWESOME.

- Oh my god it looks like Kojirou is making out with his pokemon!!!

- Must be nice to have a helicopter, Shirona's grandma.

- And now we've been introduced to the concept of the Spear Pillar.

- Empärt is HUGE.

- And now Satoshi and Jun says they'll meet at the Shin'ou League. Hope we meet him before then ;_;

- Why doesn't Gen get a farewell scene? I mean...he DID save everyone's ass and all...

Last edited:
Nope.

Also, before anyone asks...we only see Pluto in a group shot from the back. A screencap won't really reveal much.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom