• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP117: Rocket-dan Breakup!?

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP117 "Rocket Gang Disbands!?"

[bp=DP117]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Nyarth is in a cooking uniform and seems upset with Mushashi
- Musashi seen in her contest getup through the preview
- Metagross is seen attacking
- Kojiro seen yelling into the sunset

Airs March 5 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo.

Last edited:
Re: DP117 "Rocket Gang Disbands!?" Preview Thread

Metagross is shiny!

I cannot stop being giddy, and I haven't even seen the preview yet.

I cannot stop being giddy, and I haven't even seen the preview yet.

From what I saw its a chronicles episode, you know totally focusing on Team Rocket and being separate from the main show.

Take that as you will.

Chronicles? I doubt it. The most we get in the show itself is something like Go West, Young Meowth, Meowth Rules or Dues and Don'ts. I mean, you can still expect Ash and co. to be around for at least the beginning of the episode, they do have to blast JJ&M off.

I think I'll be spending all week trying to lower expectations.

I think i'll copy and paste what I said at Serebii just to get Snake Bandage excited. :p

These are all the pictures from the preview that seem to fit that scene:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP117_Preview1.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP117_Preview4.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP117_Preview5.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP117_Preview6.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP117_Preview7.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/Digigirl10/DP117_Preview8.jpg

I'm guessing this is the order they'll appear in in the episode. If I had to guess, Musashi begrudgingly decides to leave and do contests causing Kojiro to get upset. I think Nyasu is already working at that ramen shop since it looks like he leaves early on.

That one with james and the sunset looks dramatic.
But I kind of expect that it all boils down to nothing in the end..
''Happy'' end, and team rocket is close together again.
However...
If it DOES have some lasting effect for just a few episodes, it could work well with pokeringer with James going solo.

If it DOES have some lasting effect for just a few episodes, it could work well with pokeringer with James going solo.

You know, that would be epicly awesome. And then in, like, five eps or so, they realize they're far too close to give up on each other.

Any pictures of the new Rocket?

I can't wait for this episode!

Shiny Metagross!..*ahem*

Although I don't know exactly why james gets upset in episode, I think that whatever it is, is good and valid really, possibly. James I think is one who would rather play with his pokemon, bottle cap collection and not have to do Jessies bidding so much, but they will realise that they have known eachother too long to give up and disband completly and hopefully things will get back to normal not long after this episode

Seems interesting, though it's still going to bother me for a week because I want to see what the underclassman looks like.

Everything will go back to status quo within the 23 minutes of the episode, I'm not worried about that at all. So we can expect a huge dramatic argument and everyone making up by the end of the episode. Oh god, this is going to be mushy. YES.

brb, too excited to make more coherent thoughts.

I really can't wait for this episode. The "separated for a few episodes" would work for me too, as long as they get back together eventually.

From what I saw its a chronicles episode, you know totally focusing on Team Rocket and being separate from the main show.

Take that as you will.

"Chronicles" is an American-made label, and this airs in the regulr timeslot, thus it's a regular episode.

So no.

I think he meant it in the sense that it's an episode where the usual protagonists aren't going to recieve a significant amount of screentime or focus. That is to say, they'll probably only show up at the begining or the end.

In any case, it's looking good so far. From what I can tell, it seems as if James is going to be stuck with the task of bringing the other two to their senses, so to speak, convincing them that all three of them need to stick together. I'd be all for that, if it were the case. It's high time he got an episode that at least centered on him a little more than the other two.

Yup, haven't gotten one since Sweet Baby James. But, wasn't the one where he leaves Cacnea with Gardenia also rather focused on him?

It did, but just the one isn't good enough really :p

Well frankly, if I had control over what the show was about then every episode would be about James.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

*is shot*

Dude, that'd be SO great.

Man I'm so looking forward to this episode!

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom