• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP166: Liftoff! Nagisa Tower!!

Re: DP 166 "Depart! Nagisa Tower!!" Preview Thread

So has Volkner never heard of "batteries" or something? Even if the power in the city goes out, things not currently plugged into the city's power supply shouldn't be affected! Especially CORDLESS ROBOTS.

So has Volkner never heard of "batteries" or something? Even if the power in the city goes out, things not currently plugged into the city's power supply shouldn't be affected! Especially CORDLESS ROBOTS.

Maybe it's an EMP?

I have no idea what's happening in this episode, I'm just throwing that out there.

I notice that the SECOND Meowth starts narrating the boss fantasy, Giovanni takes his clothes off and leaps in a bath. Subtle. Reeeeeal subtle.

Flint may be even more foolhardy than Ash, grabbing onto an active rocket like that.

Huh. Wasn't expecting Flint to hit the water, given Drifloon and all.

Flint: Curses gravity! My only weakness!

yay!! volkner said he would call ash when he'd finished repairs on the gym - we get a real battle guys!!

Awesome, the fight is postponed.

So was the tower always airworthy or did TR do that themselves?

BICYCLE GENERATORS! How second episode.

Did Flint just say GOOD JOB to Brock?

You know, I totally forgot there was going to be an evolution this ep.

- So the battle gets started right off the bat. They probably won't be able to fit everything in otherwise.

- First up: Satoshi's Hayashigame vs. Denji's Röntora.

- They're televising the Gym Battle? They can't get even get one person to come and watch the battle in that big stadium yet are able to get enough people to tune in to a TV broadcast?

- Oh, blackout!

- Haha, Sakaki's censoring himself.

- Yes, Musashi, having a rocket makes sense since you're the Rocket-Dan. It hasn't been *that* long since you were last in one of those, y'know.

- How in the world is everyone climbing that tower?

- Wow, these Gureggru Poison Jabs are super quick.

- Come on, now, that Pokemon Center is bound to have generators *not* attached to bicycles.

- Hey Hikari, did you forget that you have a Pachirisu?

- I'm surprised Satoshi didn't have Fukamaru just eat is way through the cage.

- Wow, Musashi, don't ever stand like that again.

- So Hayashigame evolves during the battle with the Rocket-Dan and not Denji. And it knows Leaf Storm.

- Why are Habunake and Muscippa taking orders from Nyasu?

- Denji hit a switch to close...some ridiculous behind-the-wall shutter?

- The art in this episode is all over the place.

- Luckily, Denji knows how to fly a freaking rocket.

- So Denji is going to contact Satoshi when they finish fixing the Nagisa Tower. Next stop: The Grand Festival!

Grand Festival before the 8th badge. Wtf...

No badge for Satoshi the gym need fixing first.
Interesting ep but it didn't seem to have much point other that for the evolution.

This episode was disappointing...At least no pity badge but they wasted the Torterra evo though.

DP 166 "Takeoff! Nagisa Tower!!"

So Satoshi's badge battle is suddenly stopped when the electricity is cut-off. However, we were able to see Hayashigame evolve into Dodaitose. I found it hilarious that Rocket-dan had a launch pad ready for use. Also lol'd when Takeshi was able to pedal faster thanks to Joi's charm. The characters would appear off-model here and there, but I found the animation in this episode to be ok. Overall, I rate this episode an 8.3/10.

How was torterra the key to the solution of the problem?
It beat Team Rocket's Pokemon. Yeah.

Essentially meant to be your typical 'Rocket causes mayhem' episode that set up Torterra's evolution and delays the gym battle.

This episode was disappointing...At least no pity badge but they wasted the Torterra evo though.
^ This.
The evolution was so random @__@ and leaf storm? seriously? why could not they give it a ground type move?
Luckily,no badge for good deeds or whatever! We'll have to wait for an other 20 episodes to see Satoshi getting the last badge.
overall,the episode was not appealing>> and next week does not seem promising at all.
Apparently, Pachirisu and Manmo are the two who'll do the new combo.

How was torterra the key to the solution of the problem?

Getting rid of the pest problem, you know the pests that stole the tower in the episode.

I'm really relieved that the gym battle is postponed but for the Grand Festival, are repairs going to take that long.

I loved how Ash sent out Grotle to use razor leaf, but instead it evolves and uses a much more powerful leaf storm. I got to say that's pretty hilarious, as if Grotle was trying to top Ash's command.

Well aside from Gible, and the random topping evolution, this episode was pretty good.

> ..okay, this episode is officially awesome
> Team Rocket steal a tower. Then they steal a rocket and use it to fly the tower to the boss.
> Then Satoshi, Denji and Oba jump onto the side of the rocket and start climbing it as it's flying
> ...while Hikari and Takeshi didn't make it, and were left under the backburners
> And now Oba and Satoshi lost their grip and fell off
> This is almost Togepi episode level bizarre. I love it.

Yeah, I really liked this one. Scientifically accurate episodes are blah.

> Takeshi's legs are penis-powered
> Hikari's skirt isn't operating his penis
> Joy's still is
> Hikari's isn't short enough
> she needs to work on that. Almost doomed the city there

Last edited:
Well at least Satoshi didn't get his badge, but I agree wtf at the Grand Festival coming before the 8th gym. o_O

Overall this episode was pretty disappointing. I know Pokemon is known for being predictable, but this was awful even for Pokemon. Every little plot point was extremely obvious, and nothing was exciting at all. A bunch of stuff didn't make sense, and the evolution was random and weird.

I guess the good episode streak had to end sometime. :/

so other than Torterra getting a weird move, I wonder if this might mean Dawn might be leaving after the GF, leaving Ash and Brock for the badge and league.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom