• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP166: Liftoff! Nagisa Tower!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
- The Shin'ou version of the Rocket-Dan theme plays in the background.

- Denji has a Luxio, and he's battling against Satoshi's Hayashigame.

- The Rocket-Dan are seen standing on top of the Nagisa Tower.

- Next, we see the tower moving through the streets on top of a set of wheels that's been attached to it.

- The Rocket-Dan are seen in a cockpit not unlike the one in that recent Togepi episode.

- We see two stationary bicycles. Then, we see Joi holding a giant plug. Later, Takeshi and Ohba are seen peddling the bikes, presumably to generate electricity.

- Satoshi's Hayashigame starts to glow, as if it's about to evolve.

- We see the Nagisa Tower fly through the air like a rocket.

Re: DP 166 "Depart! Nagisa Tower!!" Preview Thread

I hope the rocket scene will be as epic as in DP142.

Luxray (Rentoraa) not Luxio Dogasu.

The mane on that guy looks huge.

Why Volkner is using Luxray, it doesn't supposed to be his final pokemon?

Why Volkner is using Luxray, it doesn't supposed to be his final pokemon?
Say that again please?

We don't know what his team is comprised of. Luxray could be his trump card, his major Pokemon, is minor Pokemon... or anything at this point. Hell, it doesn't even look like the battle will be finished.

So BOTH Infernape and Torterra evolved from TR attacks? LAME.

This episode looks like it'll be epic win. :-D And the preview was weird with Musashi doing the countdown I assume in the background.

I wonder what exactly they're going to do with the rocket?

So BOTH Infernape and Torterra evolved from TR attacks? LAME.

True, but I won't be harry with this. Grotle might evolve against Luxray although it sounds impossible.

So Grotle finally evolves huh..interesting. So Tortera might sweep the gym?

Also it's really a pain in the ass Googling the Japanese names >_>

As if Volkner and Raichu weren't awesome enough, now we get Luxray in too! The Sunyshore eps will kill me of excitement

I don't like to sound like a downer but.....oh hell, who am I kidding? It's nice that that 'game is evolving and all, but this episode looks like a dim bulb.

Unfortunate for Grotle to have another evolution ruined by Kinoshita.

the old fellow was a pokemon poacher - and his battle with flint and volkner is what turned him clean. the big thing you're supposed to notice is a scar above his eye :3

the old fellow was a pokemon poacher - and his battle with flint and volkner is what turned him clean. the big thing you're supposed to notice is a scar above his eye :3

I did notice the scar but I didn't understand that he was a poacher 0__0 well, that makes these episodes even more awesome
I really hope this Sunyshore arc will be as long as possible... maybe even stick Volkner/Flint in the school/Shaymin/Heatran eps somehow (and then they can also bring Buck to the Heatran ep too)
EDIT: also, I think this should've been posted in the 165 thread XD this is for the next ep preview...

Huh... I don't know, it seems like Grotle's evolution is kinda coming out of nowhere. Not like most other evos in DP where the episode focused on them.

- Brock and Flint pedaling their asses of looked funny
- Another Team Rocket evolution...
- The episode looks hilarious and Volkner piloting a rocket is cool
- Luxray looks fierce

- GROTLE EVOLVING !!!

- GROTLE EVOLVING !!!

You know it isn't as exciting for a Pokemon to evolve when it happened so soon after a previous one.

I wonder how poor Buizel feels that everything around it is evolving aside from him. :p

This episode looks awesome. So I wonder if Ash is on the Team Rockets rocket? Cuz in one scene all you see is Brock and Dawn but no Ash?? Wonder where Brock's trying to get to in a hurry?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom