• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP182: Eve of Battle! Satoshi's Pokémon All Together!!

PKMN_Veteran

Since 97'
Reaction score
DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! The Great Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!"

[bp=DP182]Bulbapedia link[/bp]

- Satoshi & co. appear to have arrived at Suzuran Island
- Shot of empty Poké Balls is seen, interestingly one is a Lure Ball
- Heigani, Waninoko, Bayleaf, Hinorashi, Donfan, Betbeton, Kabigon, Heracross and Fushigidane seen (I may have missed some)

Airs June 24 at 19:00 JST on TV Tokyo Network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Previ

It looks like we're seeing more than 5 Pokémon after all! Looks like a great episode!

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Previ

Gliscor wasn't in the preview OMG the writers can never be forgiven whine whine whine.

Wow this episode really looks good. I really can't wait to see them. And I wonder because Prof. Oak wasn't there. And the weird thing in it was Heracross and Bulbasaur were there too but they are not in the preview. I wonder.

Looking forward to this, Yay Heracross, Donphan and Glalie. Loved Glalie ice beaming Ash to say hello.

So we get some hijinks, Totodile dances in a fountain. Cyndaquil hides behind a tree. Something giant tackles Ash as it turns out to be Bayleef. Muk smothers Ash. Donphan uses rollout. Bulbasaur slaps the hell out of Heracross. I don't think I saw Snorlax at all. Corphish pulls a Bayleef but instead of say "Hi" like Bayleef *innocently* smacks the hell out of Ash with it's pincers.

So I guess we'll see a lot of Ash's Pokemon, shame there aren't more though.

And no indication of Cyndaquil evolving (which is a shame), I hope that wasn't a lie, but we'll see when the episode comes out.

Some faith restored for this episode.

looks like we see bulbasaur and herracross (who were not in the opening)

whoever did the VA listing for both this episode and the previous one was mistaken it seems.

I will seriously laugh if Bulbasaur and Heracross are there among the others, cause that means the opening has no merit on what ash chooses.

Since Bulbasaur and Heracross were shown I wonder if that means its possible that Sceptile and Swellow may be in the League. Did it show anything about Cyndaquil evolving in the preview?

So we get some hijinks, Totodile dances in a fountain. Cyndaquil hides behind a tree. Something giant tackles Ash as it turns out to be Bayleef. Muk smothers Ash. Donphan uses rollout. Bulbasaur slaps the hell out of Heracross. I don't think I saw Snorlax at all. Corphish pulls a Bayleef but instead of say "Hi" like Bayleef *innocently* smacks the hell out of Ash with it's pincers.

I almost cried tears of joy reading that. Almost.

looks like we see bulbasaur and herracross (who were not in the opening)

Cue Gliscor'd in 3. 2. 1...

^if the two of them are there then all i'm going to say is all bets are off beyond the prelims, he could use anyone, including Charizard and Squirtle *holds up flame sheild.*

^Oh god we're never gonna hear the end of it from Scott now...two weeks of pure torture, joy.

Did it show anything about Cyndaquil evolving in the preview?

No but it has until the second half with the encounter against Team Rocket.

Judging by the preview, the first half is Ash locating all his Pokemon.

Though I did love the scene where Ash's Poke balls were empty, especially Totodile's lure ball, nice to know they have that much continuity down pat (even though it's been years since we saw its Poke ball).

Edit: Oh crap I forgot Torkoal uses a fire attack to melt Ash presumably from Glalie's ice beam.

Of course their not going to showcase Cyndaquil evolving in the preview....

You have forgotten to add Noctowl and Torkoal to the list. I saw the preview and the Pokemon I saw in it are the same ones from the final scene of opening: Corphish, Totodile, Bayleef, Cyndaquil, Donphan, Muk, Snorlax, Heracross, Bulbasaur, Glalie, Noctowl and Torkoal.

It lacks Kingler, Tauros, Sceptile and Swellow. Well, and I guess Charizard and Gliscor too.

I'm little surptised that Paul-Barry-Nando-Conway are not there.
I wanted to see them so much, especially Paul.
And I wonder when the trainer with the legendary will appear.
Harrison and Tyson have appeared in the episode that before the battles.
If the new big trainer is not appearing in this episode (and episode after) I have a feeling that it's a red warning light about Ash VS Paul...

It lacks Kingler, Tauros, Sceptile and Swellow. Well, and I guess Charizard and Gliscor too.

As well as Squirtle, and the several pokemon Ash only had for a short amount of time that weren't Oaked.

Last edited:

So we are getting more than five old Pokemon! I'm really looking forward to this one, it looks great. Wonder if Bulbasaur will participate in a battle then.

It's good to see all of Ash's Johto and peripheral/Oak'd Pokemon return. Looks like this episode will be an introduction of their personalities to the newer audience as well as a nostalgic reward to the long term watchers. I've really missed Bayleef's love for Ash, Totodile's jovial dancing and Cyndaquil's clumsy timidness. :)

And I was surprised to see good ole Bulbasaur in the preview, seeing as he isn't shown in the opening, nor Heracross. Maybe they're shown to be at Oaks' Lab? I'm glad that Noctowl gets some much deserved screentime in this arc, but I guess the same can't be said about poor Kingler.

Cyndaquils' (intentionally) surprise evolution will be something to rejoice at as well. I can't wait! :)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom