• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP182: Eve of Battle! Satoshi's Pokémon All Together!!

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Previ

Can't wait for this episode. It's no doubt gonna end up being my favorite so far this saga.

Re: DP 182 "The Night before the Fierce Fight! Assembly of Satoshi's Pokémon!!" Previ

Cool, practically everyone is reuniting. Kinda surprised to see Bulbasaur and Heracross here, but I guess since we're seeing all of Ash's Oak'd Pokemon, it does make sense. Next Week is going to be great.

Also noticed in the preview were Glalie, Noctowl, and Torkoal as well.

Didn't Tyson and Morrison also go through the Hoenn League without switching their teams?
Don't remember. We didn't get to see all of their battles but maybe their teams for the league were their strongest and most experienced whereas Ash's team wasn't.

I can't help but get the feeling the clip of Bulbasaur and Heracross is back at Oak's lab, and not in Sinnoh with Ash and Co.

Sorry people, but Scott's right on this one. Heracross is cool though, but I don't really care about the others.
Considering that you've said Torkoal trumps Infernape, I really can't take that statement seriously.

I still didn't watch the preview (and today's ep) but based on the pictures + what people say + the manga scan, it seems like this will be an awesome ep
I guess I was right - all of Ash's Oak'd Poké will appear, but only the ones seen in the OP will actually be used in the League
The summary did say that Ash is going to choose specific Pokémon for the League and not that he'll use them all...
So I guess first half of the ep we see all of them, second half Ash trains with the ones he chose to use, mainly with Johto starters, Corphish and Snorlax... and then at the very end Cynda evolves

Noctowl, Glalie, Bayleef, Barry, and Conway <3

Why is Noctowl so underrated. Seriously, it is just as good as Ash's other birds.

I think it is much more awesome than Staraptor!

Why is Noctowl so underrated. Seriously, it is just as good as Ash's other birds.

Simply because it is an evolved bird pokemon that Noctowl does not receive as much screentime as, say, the Johto starters, Corphish, and Snorlax.
And it's not like Ash used the pokemon much except for the standard "search and rescue" operations.

I think that using only six pokemon was what screwed Ash over in the Hoenn league. Sure, it proved that these pokemon were incredibly strong and tough but it felt like them being used so much over and over without a break probably wore them down faster and so, Ash wasn't in a position to win when everyone else was probably switching out, allowing their strongest to take breaks, that sort of thing(though Ash did prove himself able to build up another strong team from scratch). So I'm very glad he's come to realize using his older pokemon is important if he really wants to stand a chance winning.

Yes, I was thinking that too and was hoping it would be brought up in the episode. It shows some development on Ash's part that he's utilising his reserves to prevent his Sinnoh team from getting worn out.

We'd also better get some interaction between Ash and Conway. They haven't really talked with each other before, have they?

Regarding Noctowl, it probably doesn't help its case any by being less offence-oriented compared to the other birds. Speaking of which, I'd like Noctowl to pick up a new move.

Oh, and to whoever was asking about reserves used by Harrison/Tyson? Can't remember Tyson, but I know Harrison's Blaziken was too exhausted from battling Ash's Charizard to fight in the next match (which Harrison lost).

I only care for Hinoarashi and Cotoise in this.

I can't wait for this episode, it looks fun!

Totodile looks like it's having fun in the fountain. Bayleef is still affectionate towards Ash. Muk is the same loveable, huggable Muk. And lol at Bulbasaur and Heracross too. I'm glad we get to see them even though they weren't in the opening.

So excited to see Corphish again and Snorlax is still the same hungry Snorlax! And yes! Glalie has its mischievous personality with it Ice Beaming Ash!! We see Noctowl and Torkoal in the preview and of course, my favorite...Donphan! I'm excited to see Donphan.

Can't wait to see Cyndaquil evolving and I hope we get to see Ash's other Oak'd pokemon too.

WANINOKO!!

OMG DO WANT!!!

OMG! Can next week come faster!!!!!? DX XD

Seems like it'll be a nice episode. As others have mentioned, nostalgia <3.

WANINOKO!!

OMG DO WANT!!!

OMG! Can next week come faster!!!!!? DX XD

How can you be that excited for Ash's most useless Pokemon? And no, it's dancing habit ain't fun either. It got old after its debut episode. :|

I guess I was right - all of Ash's Oak'd Poké will appear, but only the ones seen in the OP will actually be used in the League
The summary did say that Ash is going to choose specific Pokémon for the League and not that he'll use them all...

You never know, with how Ash is he could end up using every one of them at least once.

I didn't expect to see Gliscor in this episode, since I only expect it to return right before the Paul match. Now moving on...

So Ash wants to win this league and he brings back his absolutely WORST Pokemon? And he leaves out Sceptile and Swellow, as well as the Kanto starters?

So Ash is going to battle with a newly caught Gible, pathetically weak Pokemon like Totodile and Noctowl, and he leaves out his powerful Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon?

I thought this episode was supposed to be a "nostalgic tribute to the past," type of thing. I don't have any fond memories of Ash's Johto Pokemon. Pokemon that haven't appeared since 2002 that couldn't even hold a league to themselves.

And leave out the Kanto and Hoenn teams, Pokemon teams that were actually good and made an impact on the series?

Ash deserves to lose the league if he doesn't use his full Kanto and Hoenn teams. Way for the writers to leave out the older fans.

^ uh you did see Bulbasaur in the preview right, if it and Heracross are there who's to say Ash won't use them, he might use all of his pokemon at least once.

Though after reading your post I really hope Gliscor doesn't come back because your getting way to obessed with it Scott.

They didn't completely leave out the older fans, they brought Muk back, didn't they?

But why no Kingler?

^ uh you did see Bulbasaur in the preview right, if it and Heracross are there who's to say Ash won't use them, he might use all of his pokemon at least once.

Well I didn't see Kingler and Tauros either, who also weren't in the opening.

But I imagine Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor won't be at this ep, since they are all at different places. I hope they all appear at the league though.

I didn't expect to see Gliscor in this episode, since I only expect it to return right before the Paul match. Now moving on...

So Ash wants to win this league and he brings back his absolutely WORST Pokemon? And he leaves out Sceptile and Swellow, as well as the Kanto starters?

So Ash is going to battle with a newly caught Gible, pathetically weak Pokemon like Totodile and Noctowl, and he leaves out his powerful Kanto and Hoenn Pokemon?

I thought this episode was supposed to be a "nostalgic tribute to the past," type of thing. I don't have any fond memories of Ash's Johto Pokemon. Pokemon that haven't appeared since 2002 that couldn't even hold a league to themselves.

And leave out the Kanto and Hoenn teams, Pokemon teams that were actually good and made an impact on the series?

Ash deserves to lose the league if he doesn't use his full Kanto and Hoenn teams. Way for the writers to leave out the older fans.

Donphan, Glalie, Snorlax, and Corphish can certainly hold their own in a battle. I can see Torkoal and Muk getting some wins too. And as for the Johto pokemon, if the Kanto trio and Torkoal can become strong after staying at Oak's, so can the Johto starters and Noctowl. Then of course, other than possibly Gible, we know the rest of the Sinnoh team is ready for the league too.

I don't see how that's Ash using the "worst" pokemon in the league.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom