• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP183's Dark trainer- Let's speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think beating Darkrai is good enough... it'd show Ash's (and the Johto team's) improvement, but also prove he still has long way to go

But he should win too. Battling a legendary is still a cheap way to give Ash another loss.

Do you think there's a chance the Darkrai trainer will beat Ash 6-0, when Ash's last pokemon's giving the best fight and then there is a fall of one of them as it was with Blaziken and Meowth?

Do you think there's a chance the Darkrai trainer will beat Ash 6-0, when Ash's last pokemon's giving the best fight and then there is a fall of one of them as it was with Blaziken and Meowth?

No, I think it'll be close, probably 6-5

Well, I didn't see this episodes because I don't watch them in Japanese, but based on the earlier posts I think this is what could happen. If they really did need to advertise the new movie and Isshu, than the Darkrai is probably gonna be a Zoroark and then it's revealed later... If not, I have no idea, but this is probably old speculation, sorry if I'm not up to speed lol. Like i said i dont watch the Japanese episodes.

So, johto pokes will be losers forever? :D

Why? If the Johto team showcase new awesome attacks like they seem to do in this League, prove they're strong and do well against an awesome trainer who uses legendaries, even if they lose (and at least one of them will probably beat Darkrai) they proved they're great

So, johto pokes will be losers forever? :D

I don't think they'll be the ones who'll lose the battle for Ash... Just like Ash didn't lose to Harrison in the Johto League because of his Johto starters... I think Ash'll defeat the Darkrai with one of his Johto starters

Here's how I see the LT battle going. Darkrai puts a bunch of Ash's pokemon to sleep but doesn't defeat them since Ash recalls them, then Ash sends out Bayleef who uses Aromatherapy. After putting up a good fight Heracross gets defeated by Darkrai who in turn is either defeated by Quilava's Eruption or Totodile's Superpower (I hope he gets Superpower)
Quilava, Bayleef, Totodile and one of Ash's other two pokes each defeat one of LT's other pokes but they lose the battle to a non legendary pokemon in the end.

I've nearly seen he Trainer in preview 184 when they start the draw stop at 0.03 and you might see him

Where is the picture that everyone is referring to where Heracross is activating Guts and Darkrai is shooting a Hyper Beam?

I don't see it anywhere and you are all referring to it as if I should have seen it by now.

Now that we have a reasonable shot of him, it is very clear that the trainer is not an Elite Four member/Gym Leader like some people suggested.

5ue5oz.jpg

Did anyone notice he has a Zoroark color scheme?

POKEMON WALKING AROUND AS PEOPLE!

TRAINERS GETTING CAUGHT IN BALLS!

Meowths and Growlithes, living together... Mass Hysteria!

I just have a feeling that this guy is not strong but awfully strong for Ash or anyone else in this league.

As Barry said: Bakemon.
I am pretty sure he will have Entei, Darkrai, Lucario.

All those strong Pokemon eh?
Good Lord, Ash would maybe get one hit but that'd be about it.
I still say that guy looks evil.

Now that we have a reasonable shot of him, it is very clear that the trainer is not an Elite Four member/Gym Leader like some people suggested.

5ue5oz.jpg

Did anyone notice he has a Zoroark color scheme?

I think the Darkrai is a Zoroark. Maybe the trainer is a Zorua, and impersonated a trainer to let Zoroark enter, probably not but still.

even if the darkaria is a zoroark he still would have to own a darkarai or one would be nearby as the anime showed it in the movie (i think)

even if the darkaria is a zoroark he still would have to own a darkarai or one would be nearby as the anime showed it in the movie (i think)

But the writers can do what they like. They could have the Zoroark keep up an illusion for as long as they like, they don't have to stick to the Movie's rules.
Or the game's rules for that matter, like Trick room, in the games it allows the slowest pokemon to move first, but in the anime it makes you use only your previous move used for 5 turns. And Water Gun, in the games it's a weak move, but in the anime it looks very powerful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom