• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP186-Ash vs. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we know is that Infernape is going to be used. We're not sure about the other five pokemon, and don't know anything about Paul's team. We're not even sure if he's going to use the same pokemon as last time, or if he's going to use some of his unknowns at home.

But I didn't say she was better, I just said she would do the best, referring to her extremely close second place at the Grand Festival.

My bad then.

But honeslty looking at things form a distance. Ash losing to a Legendary after an extremely close battle in the semi's, is every bit as good as Dawn losing to her rival in the finals in terms of a appearance.

Though I'd honestly laugh if the LT barely beats Ash in the semi's, and then curbstomps the trainer they face in the finals.

I don't really care about Gliscor in terms of Ash vs Paul. I wanna see Snorlax vs Torterrra for some reason.

What was the point of their last 6 on 6 if Ash doesn't use the same Pokemon?

What does Ash beating Paul with his older Pokemon prove?

That Ash's training technique is superior to Paul's?

With those same pokemon.

If he just uses Glalie, Muk or anyone else, feels like it downplays what their rivalry was about.

But he still trains his Sinnoh Pokemon the same way he trains his Hoenn, Johto, Kanto Pokemon. Treating them as friends, etc. etc. Using different Pokemon wouldn't change anything about their rivalry IMO.

But at the same time, you'd have to assume that Ash trained his old pokemon the same as his new pokemon, so him using his old pokemon is just him adapting to the circumstances and finally forming some sort of strategy, which he lacked in their last battle.

With those same pokemon.

If he just uses Glalie, Muk or anyone else, feels like it downplays what their rivalry was about.

I understand where they're coming from....I REALLY wanted the original 6 that battled Paul to be in the Sinnoh League but thats not looking to realistic now. Especially with Starraptor already being used and no evidence of Gliscor returning.

I WANT Ash to go Sinnoh only against Paul but thats not looking to bright right now

I'm just hoping Buizel get's redemption...god knows the poor thing needs it.

If Ash doesn't use the same 6 it screws over the entire rivalry.

You can then ask why didn't Ash take the easy way out and just use Charizard and Sceptile?

Since he's not doing that, it makes sense to stick with those same 6.

I'm not gonna lie, I am kinda surprised we've had no word from Charizard or Sceptile, since both are two of Ash's strongest pokemon. We'll see though, might be surprised, doubt it though.

I'm not gonna lie, I am kinda surprised we've had no word from Charizard or Sceptile, since both are two of Ash's strongest pokemon. We'll see though, might be surprised, doubt it though.

I'm surprised the entire Kanto trio is absent, as well as Sceptile and Swellow.

Its like Ash is purposely excluding his best Pokemon.

Hehe, I knew it, Ash vs Paul after Ash vs Conway, so it really means Ash gonna fight the legendary trainer at the final. I think this battle gonna be 2 ep long but then they revealed only one ep's title, I'm scared they gonna do a one ep battle like the 8th gym battle. Anyway I can't wait to see Paul's butt get kick!!!

Buizel, Staraptor and Gliscor Gible should also be there.

Fix'd. And while I think it should happen, it probably won't unless some of the minor reserves like Muk or the Hoenn pokes get shafted in still shots of the round of 32 and the quarterfinals.

If he just uses stuff like Glalie, Muk, etc. who have nothing to do with this, it makes it seem like a badly done rivalry.

Why is that ? I don't see the difference between using reserves and using a pokemon trained by someone else... neither of them proves the strenght of Ash as a trainer, which is something you don't understand given this statement....

Ash Vs. Paul was based on the Sinnoh team, not the others.

No. Just No. Ash v Paul has been based on Ash v Paul... The only pokemon that has any implication in their rivalry is Infernape.

Buizel, Gliscor and Staraptor have no rivalry/relationship with Paul himself or with any of his pokemon.

You can then ask why didn't Ash take the easy way out and just use Charizard and Sceptile?

Those are the times when I'm wondering if you actually watch this show anymore...

Like the last full battle Ash had against Paul, he went in there without strategy and relying on pure power and speed and failed horribly.

He needs strategy which some of his other pokemon in his arsenal might cover that aspect more.

That's a load of nonsense. The 6 on 6 battle made a big deal out of Ash's Sinnoh team, how they need to get their, "comeback," complete with those healing victory screens we got in the following Uxie episode.

For Ash to beat Paul with any other pokemon, it feels like the Sinnoh teams hard work had gone to waste.

And seriously, thank god Gible is in the Conway match. Anyone who thinks throw-away crap like Gible deserves to be in Ash's most important match in the league is ridiculous.

This'd better be a two-episode battle, every bit as good as when Ash took on Gary and Harrison (guy with Blaziken), or I give up on the show.

The 6 on 6 battle made a big deal out of Ash's Sinnoh team

Well, it was the only one he had on hand...

For Ash to beat Paul with any other pokemon, it feels like the Sinnoh teams hard work had gone to waste.

Not really, Staraptor has already shown to be able to defeat Paul's pokemon. The only one that really needs to shine in that battle is Infernape, since it's the only pokemon Paul has hinted any interest in.

If we look at pokemon v pokemon... then Infernape has a rivalry with a lot of Paul's pokemon, but nobody else on Ash's team really have the deep rivalry with Paul's pokemon. Pikachu and Electivire made up in Veilstone. The only other member of Ash's Sinnoh team that really has a reason to come back it'd be Torterra because of the mentoring relationship he had with Paul's Torterra and the so-so rivalry with Honchcrow. That's it.
Anybody else being replaced is fair game.

And seriously, thank god Gible is in the Conway match. Anyone who thinks throw-away crap like Gible deserves to be in Ash's most important match in the league is ridiculous.

Since he's solely been trained by Ash, his presence there would mean more then some other pokemon... just saying...

If Ash doesn't use the same 6 it screws over the entire rivalry.

Your brain is the only thing that's screwed

Because your favorites aren't the best
Because the writers don't think one Poké is stronger or weaker than the other
Because the writers randomly play with a Poké's strength and make everyone super strong in their surprise return (see: Kanto trio, Torkoal... and now Johto starters might join them too)
Because it's needed to advertise DPt and HGSS just like in AG it was needed to advertise RSE and FRLG (you didn't seem to have any problems that time... see now what others who loved Johto felt back then)

Anyway, Ash/Paul using the exact same teams again would be boring
I always said each of them should replace one or two of their Poké in the full battle
The only ones I see safe to stay are: Pikachu/Torterra/Infernape (probably Buizel too) and Magmortar/Electivire/Torterra/Honchkrow

Yeah, I remember how Charizard lost to a Dusclops in a second... what a great Pokémon...
Anyway, as I already explained 3256325 times the plot doesn't allow for Chari/Squirt to return outside of Kanto/Johto (or any future region connected to them) since they always come all the way by themselves... so even if the writers wanted, they wouldn't appear... I think you might have to deal with never seeing them again... or at least not for a looooong time

Charizard would have defeated Dusclop's if it wasnt for Ash being stupid and using Seismic Toss. So Staraptor and Gible are most likely going to be sitting this one out? I could kind of See maybe Donphan and Glalie taking their place or maybe even Snorlax but this episode really needs to be a 2 parter or the Suzuran Confrence would have been really rushed.

Very disappointing. They still won't have Ash win a league and he'll only get in Top 4 at best now. Horrible.

DP feels like a complete waste.

Top 4 would still be an improvement, compared to Top 8 for the last 2 leagues. Though it'd be much appreciated if Ash could finally win one.

Well, there's still The LT battle. Given Ash knows he's got a Legendary to face...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom