• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP186: Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!

Re: DP 186 "Rival Decisive Battle! Satoshi VS Shinji!!" Preview Thread

Buizel should be evolving into a floatzel by now.Its much faster and it can learn advanced moves.Think about that.

Buizel has already shown to be fast... and there's not a move that Floatzel can learn that Buizel can't except Aqua Tail and Ice Fang, both of which would clash against with Buizel's signature move Aqua Jet and Ice punch... so no, it has no reaosn whatsoever to evolve.

Buizel has already shown to be fast... and there's not a move that Floatzel can learn that Buizel can't except Aqua Tail and Ice Fang, both of which would clash against with Buizel's signature move Aqua Jet and Ice punch... so no, it has no reaosn whatsoever to evolve.

Speed has nothing to do with power but only evasion and first strikes.Since Ash already has many fast pokemon, I don't see why he should bother having a Buizel.

Also Floatzel's speed is much higher and it can learn giga impact which is powerful.So just because it defeated a Floatzel from the gym doesn't mean its the best.Which explains why Paul used Uarsaring to finish it off.

Well for one thing Mach punch is a weak move and besides that Paul is aware of infernape's type.So.....:-/

It's not TOO bad...40 power + STAB x 4 weakness? 240 power (If I didn't fail too terribly in my math)

But, you know, Game =/= anime, and Infernape probably will kill it with a fire type move, since Ash's nape seems to be better at using them.

Which explains why Paul used Uarsaring to finish it off.

Just like Mukuhawk right? Fully evolved and known for its speed, yet finished by Ringuma as well. So that point of your argument has no weight.

Why are we even talking about Ursaring?
We all know Paul is not going to be using it during the battle against Ash.

It's not TOO bad...40 power + STAB x 4 weakness? 240 power (If I didn't fail too terribly in my math)

But, you know, Game =/= anime, and Infernape probably will kill it with a fire type move, since Ash's nape seems to be better at using them.

I doubt that.Aggron is capable of learning head smash or any powerful ground type move.But if using blaze,then yeah poor aggron
is toast!

Oh and the results of stab depends on how strong it is as a fighting type.

I doubt that.Aggron is capable of learning head smash or any powerful ground type move.But if using blaze,then yeah poor aggron
is toast!

Oh and the results of stab depends on how strong it is as a fighting type.

I don't want Infernape to activate blaze so early! I want it to save it for the Electivire battle :D

Stab is always x 1.5...but I get what you mean XD

I get the feeling Ash will battle the Takuto character, meaning he beats Paul. It wouldn't take three parts if it were a curb stomp, right? But then he'll probably lose to Takuto. He'll get in the top four if I'm right!

Ogata, Ogata, Ogata...oh well, this is just the beginning so it isn't that big a problem.

Surprised it's actually 3 episodes though.

The preview animation doesn't look that bad. I think Drapion's pin missile looks awesome.

I'm with Drifblim on this one. Judging from the previews that have been aired over the past couple of weeks, animation-wise, this episode looks pretty damn solid.

Possible Tamagawa key animation? The animation fluctuates a lot from the previews we've gotten, from the Tamagawa/Iwane Drapion Pin Missile to the Kinoshita-like Aggron-jumping-in-to-hit Pikachu from the PS preview...

Love the new preview... this should be good.

I'm gonna guess based on what we've seen, that Paul will take the early advantage unlike in their first full battle.

Paul's Drapion looks like a beast though. Poor Buizel just doesn't seem versatile enough to stand up to that brute.

It'd be cool if Buizel did evolve into Floatzel during the battle...it never has so much attention now

I can’t wait for this episode to air, seems like it’s been forever since the Conway episode. As much as I want to take a guess on how the whole battle will be laid out it would amount to nothing more than pointless wish wash considering how complex full battles are. But a few things I think will happen are Infernape getting a win and being recalled and Buizel going down. I would also like to see Blue Gastrodon get some decent battle time since this could possibly be its only appearance.

It looks like Gastrodon uses Muddy Water and than it slides around on its belly to make it move faster on the terrain they're battling on. Judging from that preview something makes me think Infernape vs Aggron is first and than it's recalled although the other preview made it look like Pikachu vs Aggron is first. If Drapion apparently turns the battle around it makes me wonder if it will take out Buizel and Gliscor although I'd prefer Gliscor to take it out.

All I want is for Buizel to at least get one win in what will probably be his last battle in Diamond and Pearl and probably for a long while.

In the majority of its recent matches, Buizel is always the fall guy. He lost during Ash's gym battle against Byron without defeating one pokemon. He also failed to defeat Flint's Infernape (understandable) and Kenny's Empoleon.

Judging from what happens in the preview, Buizel is going to get strangled by Drapion. Most likely Ash is going to recall Buizel for Gliscor for the cliffhanger of the first episode.

All I want is for Buizel to at least get one win in what will probably be his last battle in Diamond and Pearl and probably for a long while.

In the majority of its recent matches, Buizel is always the fall guy. He lost during Ash's gym battle against Byron without defeating one pokemon. He also failed to defeat Flint's Infernape (understandable) and Kenny's Empoleon.

Judging from what happens in the preview, Buizel is going to get strangled by Drapion. Most likely Ash is going to recall Buizel for Gliscor for the cliffhanger of the first episode.

Staraptor will probably end up being the fall guy here Buizel probably will end up getting defeated by Drapion since it's most likely tired out from Gastrodon. And than Drapion will end up drawing or getting knocked out against Gliscor.

As long as Gliscor gets a win and does some damage to another pokemon, I don't care who beats who.

We know Infernape's getting the ultimate victory anyway.

I'm hoping to see a fair amount of switching in this battle, similarly to the Conway battle.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom