• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbapedia Edit Request(s)

No. We should not have periods within the filenames themselves. Especially not at the end so that there are two in a row. That's just asking to break everything. For issues like that, the template that calls the image needs to be fixed, not the image (which I note Kogoro did very shortly after this post was made).

Can the template be edited again, this time, for Cherrim?

I'm so frustrated with how my edit got erased, I'm coming here for assistance. It concerns the English Dub voice actor for the Kalos Pokédex.

I know for a fact it's Suzy Myers. She's done characters like Sena from Tai Chi Chasers and Anna Kaboom from Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal, and if you compare the Kalos Pokédex to these characters, you would see how obvious the similarities are.

Also, Suzy Myers has been credited in every episode from Episode 3 onward, and with no other characters, or the same Pokémon who could be possibly voiced by Myers, appearing in every consecutive episode up to this moment, this means only one thing. Suzy Myers definitely voices the Kalos Pokédex.

However, when I made the edit, it was erased for the reason "We don't play things by ear.".

First of all, I've seen people play things by ear before, such as when Kerry Williams played Katharine. Second, how do you expect to confirm it? Suzy Myers doesn't have a public Facebook or Twitter from what I can see, so do you intend to just never put a name to the voice?

I would seriously like someone to allow me to credit Suzy Myers, since I am 100% sure it's her.

An addition to the Kabuto/Kabutops breeding section needs to be added.

Kabuto can still have Rapid Spin bred into him through the Squirtle evolutionary line.

Pokemon X/Y:
Growlithe/Arcanine learns Close Combat by breeding with a Lucario that knows Close Combat.

Last edited:
Either the image for Viridian City or the image for Kanto Route 22 is wrong. As proved by the following picture, the images do not line up, and it actually appears that the Viridian City image might suffer from some quality degradation. Not sure who can/wants to fix it, but I figure it should at least be noted.

http://i.imgur.com/oZcn22l.png

EDIT: Another inconsistency in the Kanto maps. This is the intersection of Route 1 and Viridian City. I find it strange that when I go to Viridian City, I should be able to see that lower part, but instead all I see is trees, so it appears that the Viridian map is the inaccurate one.

http://i.imgur.com/RhEbBrJ.png

Last edited:
Either the image for Viridian City or the image for Kanto Route 22 is wrong. As proved by the following picture, the images do not line up, and it actually appears that the Viridian City image might suffer from some quality degradation. Not sure who can/wants to fix it, but I figure it should at least be noted.

The reason behind this is that the Viridian City map was made by the user "CoolPikachu!" and the Route 22 map was made by me. The methods we used to make our respective HGSS maps were different, so that's why the pictures don't fit. He did cities and routes, while I mostly did only routes and locations with few or no buildings.
http://i.imgur.com/HCHNtFP.png

I could do my missing maps now, but I don't have as much time for it, and I would have to overwrite CoolPikachu's work with mine, which would be pretty rude. Seems like CoolPikachu was banned permanently on Bulbapedia, though, so perhaps I should ask an admin about the matter.

The reason behind this is that the Viridian City map was made by the user "CoolPikachu!" and the Route 22 map was made by me. The methods we used to make our respective HGSS maps were different, so that's why the pictures don't fit. He did cities and routes, while I mostly did only routes and locations with few or no buildings.

I could do my missing maps now, but I don't have as much time for it, and I would have to overwrite CoolPikachu's work with mine, which would be pretty rude. Seems like CoolPikachu was banned permanently on Bulbapedia, though, so perhaps I should ask an admin about the matter.

Oh wow that is different. I take it you do it much more from an in-game perspective in order to get that massive height difference in the image? Do you know what CoolPikachu's technique was for getting a more perpendicular perspective?

Thanks for at least clearing up what's happening with those. Certainly explains why I can't find anyone who's tried to turn them all into a mega-image for a full-size map.

Oh wow that is different. I take it you do it much more from an in-game perspective in order to get that massive height difference in the image? Do you know what CoolPikachu's technique was for getting a more perpendicular perspective?

Thanks for at least clearing up what's happening with those. Certainly explains why I can't find anyone who's tried to turn them all into a mega-image for a full-size map.

I believe CoolPikachu hacked the game to change the overworld's perspective to a 2D-like one, but caused the 3D models to have quality degradation, like those black borders in the buildings and shadows. I don't know about that hacking stuff, so instead, I took screenshots directly from the raw game, ending up with square 16x16 tiles (CoolPikachu's are 16x12, hence why his maps are vertically shorter than mine).

I had the feeling that you were trying to do a giant map when you found the inconsistency. I have all Kanto routes done (not all of them are on Bulbapedia though), so the only thing preventing me from doing the towns and cities and finishing Kanto these last three years is pure lack of will. I'm feeling kind of motivated now (plus I hate leaving work unfinished), so if you wish, I'll try to do the missing maps and ask an admin if I can replace CoolPikachu's to fix the inconsistencies, as he can't replace mine.

I believe CoolPikachu hacked the game to change the overworld's perspective to a 2D-like one, but caused the 3D models to have quality degradation, like those black borders in the buildings and shadows. I don't know about that hacking stuff, so instead, I took screenshots directly from the raw game, ending up with square 16x16 tiles (CoolPikachu's are 16x12, hence why his maps are vertically shorter than mine).

I had the feeling that you were trying to do a giant map when you found the inconsistency. I have all Kanto routes done (not all of them are on Bulbapedia though), so the only thing preventing me from doing the towns and cities and finishing Kanto these last three years is pure lack of will. I'm feeling kind of motivated now (plus I hate leaving work unfinished), so if you wish, I'll try to do the missing maps and ask an admin if I can replace CoolPikachu's to fix the inconsistencies, as he can't replace mine.

Sort of. The giant map is actually a by-product of my efforts to be as accurate as possible in my 3D modeling:

Blender by BStiles on deviantART

And yes that would be awesome if you could continue the work. Thank you so much for mentioning the tile size difference! I've been so frustrated trying to map out Viridian using the assumption of 16x16 and it's good to know why. That also explains why Viridian's street lights look so weird.

EDIT: Oh this forum is set up to grab the title of a page when a url is in a post? Very cool! I haven't seen that before (not that I've been looking admittedly).

The page for the Oval Charm says that "In Pokémon X and Y, the player can receive the Oval Charm from Professor Sycamore after seeing all Pokémon in each section of the Kalos Pokédex, with the exceptions of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres."

Oval Charm - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

However, I was able to obtain the oval charm in my Y game without having to see Mewtwo. I got Xerneas and Zygarde from the GTS, and when my Pokedex had 450 entries, Prof Sycamore gave me the charm. I should note though that my Pokedex had all those 450 registered as "CAUGHT", so does this mean you have to either see 451 or catch 450 in order to obtain the oval charm? I also had caught those 450 already before I even beat the Elite Four (I think I just got the badge from Valerie that time), so I'm sure I couldn't have seen Mewtwo anywhere.

Although your maps do look good, we should focus on maps we don't have or use particularly bad images of. If you could get them, that'd be great.
CP's maps will do for now and can be replaced later. Not sure how your ability is with Gen V, but I think there's some missing maps there as well.

I tried to work with Unova maps, but most of the areas have bigger 3D effects or changes on the camera angle, which makes it impossible for me to do the maps. Other problem is that GuyPerfect uploaded several maps and I didn't want to interfere with his works (it would be the size inconsistencies all over again), though he only uploaded archives on July 2013.

I am currently playing Pokémon Y, my very first Pokémon game, and I came across an oddity on Bulbapedia when I was looking up what Pokémon can be caught in Santalune Forest.

On your wiki, it states that Weedle can not be caught in Y. Where as, I just caught a level 2 Weedle. Is this a game glitch or was this previously unknown?

This isn't really an edit request, but does anyone mind telling me where Bulbagarden gets its scans for certain manga like PokeSpe and Pokemon ReBurst? Let alone clean and quality scans of all things? I'd really appreciate it, thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom