• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Elementar's Mafia Universe ~ Endgame (Written in Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if we can't lynch RC, then I guess I'll mention that the flavor cop/Bruce Banner is Sword Master, so I actually agree with RC's votes on him. And if town has too many investigative roles + the fact that SM has contributed incredibly little this whole game (along with that strange Zachie comment after Zachie flipped scum almost like a "hey look, I totally suspected him too!") that leads me to believe he's scum.

UNVOTE: Rainbow Cloud
VOTE: Sword Master

He visited Zexy. I think because of Zexy's ascetic, he couldn't get a result, but he did target him because the action is there for me to track.
I asked because you started defending Darth only after day 2 started, which you would only do if you had gotten a result of Darth indeed visiting Zexy on night 1. As you said later, you thought Darth was either cop or doc (since you had forgotten about Zexy being ascetic, Darth's NA not showing public results, it would make sense for you to think so). So at least your posts have consistency, which makes you look better in my eyes, and I'm starting to think I might have been paranoid about you.

Either way, we need to find someone else to go with for today. Personally I'm thinking someone like Alex Kaz, his votes early on were always at the end of the phase, possibly to try and avoid looking like he was leading things, and his only early vote was on Zachie, who, let's face it, was a lost cause by that point already. It just feels like an attempt to look good is all.
Vote: Alex Kaz
Is there anything you have to pin on me besides my voting behavior?
Day 1 : I said I was on holidays and happened to make it back just in time to vote. You re free to believe it is a lie, but I can assure you I'm not a lame person. I can come up with a lot of things as mafia to justify my behavior, but using such a lame excuse as a lie is not something I would ever do.
Day 2 : You seem to have forgotten I put a second vote on Zachie right after agreeing with Mido about Zachie and me literally saying every second post I wanna lynch Zachie and see how he flips. I switched to Slife only after Zachie and Slife were tied at 3 votes each and I preferred a lynch instead of a no lynch.
Day 3 : I voted Zachie first but you're seeing it just as an attempt to look good. So what should I have done to look good in your eyes exactly?

@Rainbow Cloud To show proof of your ability to like posts when silenced, you are asked to like this post.

It is also my belief that the inability to lynch Rainbow Cloud is caused by the silence.

Meanwhile, I'll give the following a try:

UNVOTE: Alex Kaz

My suspicion of Alex Kaz is not gone, but the information of Bruce Banner's existence as Sword Master is alarming. Bruce Banner has not appeared in any of His past games that I know of, and having them as a Flavor Cop is most suspicious. Sword Master's own behaviour isn't helping.

Well, if we can't lynch RC, then I guess I'll mention that the flavor cop/Bruce Banner is Sword Master, so I actually agree with RC's votes on him. And if town has too many investigative roles + the fact that SM has contributed incredibly little this whole game (along with that strange Zachie comment after Zachie flipped scum almost like a "hey look, I totally suspected him too!") that leads me to believe he's scum.

Bruce Banner is the actual Flavor Cop...? I thought it was a result you got on somebody. Isn't the Hulk a good guy that just goes mad sometimes?

It is also my belief that the inability to lynch Rainbow Cloud is caused by the silence.

Could you elaborate on that? If it's a Mafia role it seems counterproductive that the player you Silence also can't get lynched, unless the plan is to gather suspicion on them for that later to lynch them the next Day Phase, but that sounds like an awful stretch. Hopefully Rainbow Cloud knows more about it than we do.

I wonder if the Mafia actually does need a flavor Cop tbh... I'm a bit wary on Rainbow Cloud conveniently not being able to be lynched with zero votes.

I'm not seeing this lynch on SM given RC voted for him, who I still find scummy. I'd like to hear more from @Sword Master first.

Either way, we need to find someone else to go with for today. Personally I'm thinking someone like Alex Kaz, his votes early on were always at the end of the phase, possibly to try and avoid looking like he was leading things, and his only early vote was on Zachie, who, let's face it, was a lost cause by that point already. It just feels like an attempt to look good is all.
How would he be making himself look good by putting up the tie-breaking vote that causes a mislynch? And he was literally the first vote on Zachie, how was Zachie a lost cause by that point? That's a ballsy risk if he's bussing that hard just to look good.

VOTE: Lone_Garurumon

Alex Kaz is one of my town reads; with the combination of his D1 tie-breaker (unnecessary for scum to pull something like that and draw all the attention to them imo) and leading the Zachie lynch wagon, I don't think he's scum. This vote feels like throwing shade where the logic is stretched and unconvincing. Figuring out right away that RC is silenced is also a bit pingy.

Bruce Banner is the actual Flavor Cop...? I thought it was a result you got on somebody. Isn't the Hulk a good guy that just goes mad sometimes?
The info I got was that Sword Master is Bruce Banner/The Hulk, so I don't have explicit confirmation that he's the flavor cop. However, given the way my role works (the way I investigate an investigative role is according to their own ability, like I'd copcheck a cop), flavor cop is the only thing that makes sense if I got his character. That said, it seems like a decent chunk of the roles we've seen or know about have multiple parts to them, so I could see flavor cop maybe being paired with something else like strongman, which seems like it'd fit The Hulk better than flavor cop (which seems... really weird for The Hulk). I'm asking Elementar about what I'd get if my target had two abilities, just waiting to see.

That The Hulk is a superhero did make me wonder (it's part of why I didn't out SM's name before), but wasn't one of Zachie's characters "good" too? It was the one that fused with Squishy to stop something (sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable about the XY&Z anime lol).

UNVOTE: Rainbow Cloud. Since it won't be doing any good at the moment.

Something I'm curious about right now though... if Rainbow Cloud has been silenced, has he obtained some type of information that Sword Master is mafia? He seemed very quick and seems pretty certain in his vote on Sword Master. Is there something you know that we don't? @Rainbow Cloud please like this post if yes.

The info I got was that Sword Master is Bruce Banner/The Hulk, so I don't have explicit confirmation that he's the flavor cop. However, given the way my role works (the way I investigate an investigative role is according to their own ability, like I'd copcheck a cop), flavor cop is the only thing that makes sense if I got his character. That said, it seems like a decent chunk of the roles we've seen or know about have multiple parts to them, so I could see flavor cop maybe being paired with something else like strongman, which seems like it'd fit The Hulk better than flavor cop (which seems... really weird for The Hulk). I'm asking Elementar about what I'd get if my target had two abilities, just waiting to see.

That The Hulk is a superhero did make me wonder (it's part of why I didn't out SM's name before), but wasn't one of Zachie's characters "good" too? It was the one that fused with Squishy to stop something (sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable about the XY&Z anime lol).

Okay, that makes more sense. Actually, a Flavor Cop for Mafia wouldn't be a terrible idea, considering that with the name you could check Elementar's games and find which role the name had.

Z2 was manipulated by Team Flare to be evil, yeah, and it was Mafia in the XYZ Mafia.

I'm not sure I feel completely sold voting Sword Master, considering they haven't posted yet and it could be because they have been Silenced instead of Rainbow Cloud, but a lynch on them sounds like the best option at the moment, if only to clear up my paranoia of so many investigative roles and claims.

Does not fit Flavor Cop unless it is some kind of complicated role that is most likely D.A.R.C. though.
Could you elaborate on that? If it's a Mafia role it seems counterproductive that the player you Silence also can't get lynched, unless the plan is to gather suspicion on them for that later to lynch them the next Day Phase, but that sounds like an awful stretch. Hopefully Rainbow Cloud knows more about it than we do.
Could be that silence prevents them from talking, yet it would be unfair for them to stay lynchable that day.
The info I got was that Sword Master is Bruce Banner/The Hulk, so I don't have explicit confirmation that he's the flavor cop. However, given the way my role works (the way I investigate an investigative role is according to their own ability, like I'd copcheck a cop), flavor cop is the only thing that makes sense if I got his character.
So your role is such that uses each person's role against them? Was that the reason you believed that if I were to be lying, you could get me killed. As in, use D.A.R.C.'s own nightkill against them?
As the Z2 role PM explains, it was because said character was mind controlled for most of the arc's main battle. That said, it still is possible for one that is normally good to be D.A.R.C this game.

Okay honestly

VOTE: Sword Master.

If Sword Master does turn up to be mafia, then this will probably clear Rainbow Cloud. Not sure how relevant this is, but here is Zachie's read on Sword Master

Sword Master: Comes in after being inactive & immediately asks for things instead of looking at them himself. Lazy, but not convinced they're scum bc the scum buddies would just catch him up. Could be a ploy, but I doubt it.

HumanDawn said:
I'm not sure I feel completely sold voting Sword Master, considering they haven't posted yet and it could be because they have been Silenced instead of Rainbow Cloud,
Doesn't being silenced usually at least let you like posts and/or vote though?

I still feel that Mido's post is prodding for scum for activity.
I don't understand what you mean here?
That would mean Darth's vote on Zachie was also bussing, which is questionable so early in the game.
How is early game bussing questionable. If your teammate screws up then bussing them is the best option and they can manage to screw up D1. (Yes I'm aware Darth is dead. Point still stands.)

YES...

I swear it's not a slip...!
LIES!
As for me, I voted as soon as I was able to sub back into the game, and picked up where my old slot left off in voting Zachie, so I don't know what you're trying to get at there.
What is the point of this? This makes no sense, and has no purpose other than basically going "Look how town I am." even though there was absolutely no reason for it. It's random and out of nowhere and just suspicious.
I'm starting to believe Darth is town. Darth has never contributed to a lynch, Rainbow Cloud has--and as we know, all our previous lynches were town. While that does not automatically make anyone guilty or not guilty, it still may mean something.
This I don't like. Mafia will avoid lynches just so they can avoid the blame of being on the wagons. Really Feenie? Likewise a townie can manage to be on every lynch. It's the reasons for being on or avoiding lynches that decide alignment.
About 7 or 8. Several roles off one game is not impossible, given how XY&Z was so popular.
7 or 8 what? I doubt half of this game is XYZ and too many roles from one game is too much. Three does seem strange regardless of popularity and game size, especially considering that there are a pretty decent amount of Elementar games.
Interesting, because I too am a JOAT and used my 1x Tracker on DarthWolf Night 1. Honestly, with so many investigative roles we're either dealing with Mafia in one of the claims or maybe an Independent.
Why didn't you come out before right after the vanillization? And I think investigative roles should start claiming their games. Not claiming ones game after claiming their role is suspicious. It means you don't want people looking it up.

I doubt it. It defeats the purpose of silencing unless it's a town ability. @Rainbow Cloud If the being unable to be lynched thing is part of your role then vote me.
I'm not seeing this lynch on SM given RC voted for him, who I still find scummy.
And what do you think of the being Vote immune and silenced part of RC?
How would he be making himself look good by putting up the tie-breaking vote that causes a mislynch? And he was literally the first vote on Zachie, how was Zachie a lost cause by that point? That's a ballsy risk if he's bussing that hard just to look good.

VOTE: Lone_Garurumon

Alex Kaz is one of my town reads; with the combination of his D1 tie-breaker (unnecessary for scum to pull something like that and draw all the attention to them imo) and leading the Zachie lynch wagon, I don't think he's scum. This vote feels like throwing shade where the logic is stretched and unconvincing. Figuring out right away that RC is silenced is also a bit pingy.
This is very disturbing. I don't like the way he's talking up Alex. He's making him out to be more than he was. Breaking a tie by voting the one endorsed by Zexy is not impressive. IT's a way to easily get away with a mislynch. And the Zachie thing? I voted Zachie first and pushed him. Just because I'm an indep doesn't mean that someone else can take credit for my work. Zachie's case had no steam at first so it would be the perfect time to distance. And his reason for voting LG. I didn't see anything wrong with LG's vote. And figuring out that RC is silenced so fast isn't strange. The moment I saw them unvote and vote SM I knew they were silenced and was going to say something but thankfully LG realized it. Seriously if he hadn't then I would have been concerned.

VOTE: Slife

I think he's a good viable lynch. I can't think of him doing anything of worth or town looking, and rather he seems to being trying too hard to look town. And I believe his alignment can shed light on Alex Kazs.

7 or 8 what? I doubt half of this game is XYZ and too many roles from one game is too much. Three does seem strange regardless of popularity and game size, especially considering that there are a pretty decent amount of Elementar games.
7 or 8 of His games. XY&Z popularity as enough to warrant 3 if not 4 roles from there, as I think of it.
Artemis Fowl should have its fair share, too.

I don't understand what you mean here?

I think Pikochu is accusing you of thinking that Zachie is Mafia and that you were just prodding him to post more with the vote, but things just unfortunately escalated from there and he got more votes. I don't agree with it though, you could have just prodded him without a vote and the message would have went through well enough that you wouldn't be suspected for prodding Mafia.

How is early game bussing questionable. If your teammate screws up then bussing them is the best option and they can manage to screw up D1. (Yes I'm aware Darth is dead. Point still stands.)

TBH I'm confused by Slife's comment. Questionable in what way? Questionable as in, early bussing won't be done somehow, or questionable as in Darth is suspicious for it? I'm lost, as either don't make that much sense for me.

That's right, I killed DarthWolf just to prove that it was not a slip :) .

What is the point of this? This makes no sense, and has no purpose other than basically going "Look how town I am." even though there was absolutely no reason for it. It's random and out of nowhere and just suspicious.

Slife misunderstood what I said (rereading what I said again it makes sense why he misunderstood) about him and others voting Zachie after me, he thought I was saying "Um, you think I'm SUS because I voted Zachie LATER? Then why not look at you and the ones after you?", so he said "Hey I don't know what you mean, I was consistent in voting Zachie and you weren't.". I did not get the impression he meant to say something like "Look how Town I am.".

There's 4 so far. Pikachu, Greninja, Z2 and Zexy's Oracle claim. The last one isn't in any game but it's based on it.

Why didn't you come out before right after the vanillization? And I think investigative roles should start claiming their games. Not claiming ones game after claiming their role is suspicious. It means you don't want people looking it up.

I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. Saying you are Vanillized immediately after proves to the Mafia that their role was successful. I didn't see it relevant to claim my role at the time until I saw that either I or DarthWolf could be Vig targets. Actually, maybe the perp would come out and ask me what my role could do in-thread out of nowhere to get some reaction because of a lack of reaction from me.

BTW, my role doesn't describe me as a JOAT. It's some adjective and *insert what i am*. IIRC it is kind of like Greninja's role description. It's not from an Elementar game either but it's based on something, or somebody. It's also another reason I got doubtful of Zexy and FinalArcadia's claims.

This is very disturbing. I don't like the way he's talking up Alex. He's making him out to be more than he was. Breaking a tie by voting the one endorsed by Zexy is not impressive. IT's a way to easily get away with a mislynch. And the Zachie thing? I voted Zachie first and pushed him. Just because I'm an indep doesn't mean that someone else can take credit for my work. Zachie's case had no steam at first so it would be the perfect time to distance. And his reason for voting LG. I didn't see anything wrong with LG's vote. And figuring out that RC is silenced so fast isn't strange. The moment I saw them unvote and vote SM I knew they were silenced and was going to say something but thankfully LG realized it. Seriously if he hadn't then I would have been concerned.

VOTE: Slife

I think he's a good viable lynch. I can't think of him doing anything of worth or town looking, and rather he seems to being trying too hard to look town. And I believe his alignment can shed light on Alex Kazs.

This is... really reaching. Mind, I don't fully agree with both Lone Garurmon's and Slife's cases, but I get the impression it feels more like it's just more about some disagreement than Slife saying and doing anything so scummy worthy of being a "good viable lynch". It sounds like a very rushed assessment and it's making me again doubt Midorikawa's willingness to help Town at this point.

Flavor Cop sounds a lot like a Rolecop functionally in this game since the character names are mostly tied to specific roles from Elementar's games. So I think it fits a mafia alignment.

[Vote] Sword Master

That being said, I'm pretty confused as to why RC is silenced. There are much better targets to silence IMO.

Is there anything you have to pin on me besides my voting behavior?
There is also "Darth's used a single word badly" stuff you were doing back in N1, which I still don't agree with as a reason (though I'll admit you weren't the only one doing that one). Also you seemed really passive-aggressive when SM asked for an update, but maybe that's just me.

Day 2 : You seem to have forgotten I put a second vote on Zachie right after agreeing with Mido about Zachie and me literally saying every second post I wanna lynch Zachie and see how he flips. I switched to Slife only after Zachie and Slife were tied at 3 votes each and I preferred a lynch instead of a no lynch.
I'll honestly admit that I did somehow wind up missing the exact way that played out. It still doesn't exactly look good leaping on so often though. Once is fine but twice begins to look fishy.

How would he be making himself look good by putting up the tie-breaking vote that causes a mislynch?
I think my original thought was that it made him seem kind of neutral and not specifically dedicated to the lynch of a Townie, but a little deeper thought does make that seem like an unlikely thing.

And he was literally the first vote on Zachie, how was Zachie a lost cause by that point? That's a ballsy risk if he's bussing that hard just to look good.
Public opinion on Zachie was looking pretty damn low at that point, it's quite possible they decided on a bus if Zachie felt like he couldn't really recover.

Figuring out right away that RC is silenced is also a bit pingy.
What's wrong with that? Every time I've seen someone silenced in a game they've communicated it by voting on and off. It's exactly what Cloud was doing, so I asked.

There is also "Darth's used a single word badly" stuff you were doing back in N1, which I still don't agree with as a reason (though I'll admit you weren't the only one doing that one). Also you seemed really passive-aggressive when SM asked fo
So you consider calling out Darth's wording suspicious, yet out of all people who raised that argument you picked me to call out.
And I don't really see how me telling Sword Master he should actually read for himself is passive aggressive. I mean, if he subbed in asking for a recap would make sense, but he should still read the thread. But if he asks for a recap when his slot has been his own since the game started, it makes me wonder why he joined in the first place.

I'll honestly admit that I did somehow wind up missing the exact way that played out. It still doesn't exactly look good leaping on so often though. Once is fine but twice begins to look fishy.
Wat. I think you're a bit lost in the bussing concept you're actually missing the point. Mafia's aim is to get rid of every townie, not to get rid of their own. I tried to lynch Zachie day 2 after agreeing with Mido's argument against him, and I did manage to lynch him day 3. I barely made a case against anyone else at that point, besides slightly pushing for Human.
That's almost game throwing for scum!Alex.

So what I've gathered from your post is you singled out all the small "questionable" things I've done so far and even twisted some of them (like me claiming I wanna lynch Zachie frequently) and piled them up.

I feel you're reaching too much to justify your vote on me. The only explanation I can find for this reach is for you trying to push a mislynch on me.

Vote: Lone_Garurumon

I feel you're reaching too much to justify your vote on me. The only explanation I can find for this reach is for you trying to push a mislynch on me.

Vote: Lone_Garurumon

siren.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom