• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legend of Zelda Favorite Games

Ino-Chan

Sig By Blue Dragon
Reaction score
The Legend of Zelda has had many games, on many different platforms. Form the NES to the Wii, Zelda games have always been fun, and always been great games....except the CDI...fuck the CDI

Anywho, what are your favorite Zelda games? Majora's Mask? The overrated Ocarina of Time? Spirit Tracks? Link's Crossbow Training?

What?

Skyward Sword, followed by Wind Waker and Majora's Mask.

Hey, at least the CD-i games are funny to parody.

My favorite is A Link to the Past because it's the only Zelda game I've played.

Geez, this is honestly hard... Um... I guess Majora's Mask or Wind Waker...

Definatley Skyward Sword for me for a few reasons.
-Great story
-Beautiful graphics
-Great length
-Great dungeons(though I would've liked 1 more large dungeon to reach Demise)
-Great puzzles
-Interesting upgrade system
-That memorable cutscene in the Temple of Hylia
-A Link with more emotion than ever
-And memorable characters(Seriously Ghirahim has gotta be the best villain in the series and Groose is one of the most awesome supporting characters ever)

Wind Waker, followed closely by OoT. It isn't that overrated :p

The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. Because they have Tetra in them.

I had inner psychological turmoil trying to decide this, but I've ultimately deduced I like Majora's Mask the most.
After that, of course Ocarina of Time, because of Sheik.

They all suck. No seriously. At first I was merely unimpressed but every single person on the internet hails the series as the greatest despite the story being virtually the same each time while continuously bashing Call of Duty and other such games for being repititive. The hypocrisy is huge. A recent poll placed Call of Duty 4 as having the greatest video game ending and everyone was going batshit insane and saying horrible things about the series and its fans despite never having played the games which do have story despite what you might think.

I have played 4 Zelda games and as I said, I was very unimpressed. Those games are: Zelda 1 and 2, 4 Swords and Minish Cap. The first just drop you into a big world and expect you to figure out stuff on your own. That is one the biggest mistakes a game can make so these 2 already have a horrible start. The other two are better with this so atleast they are playable.

Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and Minish Cap are my favorite ones!

Skyward Sword, followed by The Minish Cap, then Twilight Princess. I honestly hated Wind Waker and Majora's Mask though, for the most part. Ocarina of Time is a great game, but it's very overrated. Skyward Sword was the game that revived my old love for Zelda, the love I had for it when I first played Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past (I will admit, I was a big OoT fan back in the day, but over time, I realized that it isn't as great as I thought). I was never so amazed by a game outside of Fire Emblem in my life (Fire Emblem is my favorite series). Minish Cap, I just had a hell of fun with it and it has my favorite characters, including Vaati, the villain (screw Ganondorf). The story and unique items were awesome too!

I have played 4 Zelda games and as I said, I was very unimpressed. Those games are: Zelda 1 and 2, 4 Swords and Minish Cap.

You do realize, sir, that three of those four games are games that even most Zelda fans don't hold in high regard, right? The most loved Zelda games are Skyward Sword, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and just about every other game that you didn't list. They all have vastly different storylines too (well, OoT's is pretty similar to ALttP's, but that's about it). Play those, and see if you still think the series sucks.

I will admit, Minish Cap isn't actually one of the most popular either, but there are still lots of Zelda fans who love it, like me. I think it and Four Swords Adventures are pretty underrated, actually.

There is a reason Zelda is loved, possibly even more loved than Mario, and that Nintendo fans bash games like Call of Duty. Zelda games have storylines, action, adventure, an overworld to explore, puzzles, and more. Shooter games are just that, shooting stuff, and they are very overrated. Just about every gamer I see talks only about Xbox, shooter games, or PS3, and then some call Nintendo games kiddie because of the graphics. Others say they're just bad, but they've probably only played games that weren't actually MADE by Nintendo, or only played the games made by them that really ARE bad. Then when they finally play a real Nintendo masterpiece, they finally see how brilliant they really are. I bet you.

Graphics matter very little. Four Swords Adventures has a cartoony art style, but the game gets pretty dark. The four Links are eventually drawn into a sky full of darkness, thunder, and lightning. Evil Shadow Links follow them everywhere. Knights of Hyrule were transformed into undead warriors. And more. I hate when people judge a game by graphics or something else that's virtually irrelevant. Not that you're using graphics to back up your claim, I'm just giving an example here of one of the stupid reasons that shooter/Xbox/PS fans bash other games.

Last edited:
I like Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight princess.
I love the minish cap game so much, I've already played it 3 times and I'm working on a 4th.
Ive already gotten a pefect file on Skyward Sword(yes, hero mode)
Twilight princess was fun, but I accidentally deleted my file so I have to start again >.<
and Surprisingly, Ive only played OoT about 2 times, and I have never really tried to get a perfect game and I'd rather play minish cap again.(and again and again)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom