• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite girl character?

Favorite Girl

• Total voters
Then what exactly did they revamp the cast for? At the time there was no indication new females would be continually introduced every new saga.

Because introducing playable female character from Ruby and Sapphire was more convenient to advertise contests,and because ex head writer never liked Misty character all that much deciding how its time or a change.

1) Misty - pretty much helped the franchise expand, along with Ash/Brock/Pika, she didn't last that long unfortunely cause she got bland as the writers wanted to mix it up.

I disagree,to me Misty never got bland.I liked her character being mix of tomboy and girly at times having very dynamic and multidimensional personality.
One of many notable characteristics about her is that she was never afraid to speak out her mind being determined and optimistic about things never giving up no matter how hard situation may be and she was very promising as water trainer having loads of potential.

I will agree though how writers never did enough with her character leaving story underdeveloped suffering from lack of screen time being mainly mr.Shudo fault.

But as far as character goes and her chemistry with group,i dont have nothing to complain about.She added life to group playing nicely with Ash and Brock providing charm,humor and interesting interactions with whole original trio in Kanto and Johto feeling like group of longtime friends having fun together developing mutual understanding.

Multiple choice? I didn't even know,I voted for only one.

Anyway, I love major and minor female characters in POkemon. I also love the four female leads. I also love Jessie for having a great role in team rocket. I like May and Dawn for having such amazing character design. I also love co-ordinators and contestXD
I like Iris for having a different kind of twist when she's the new female lead. But I choose Misty the best in my opinion. I love the mix of tomboy and girl side attitude of hers. Her personality, attitude, skills and her love for water pokemons interest me. I love the original series (I kinda grew up with it) and the original trio [Ash-Misty-Brock] which makes her my fave until now.

may is my all time permanent favorite girl from pokemon. i would want a plush toy of her someday. i am the biggest fan of may, so she will want to love me forever.

may is my all time permanent favorite girl from pokemon. i would want a plush toy of her someday. i am the biggest fan of may, so she will want to love me forever.
Plush members of the cast? I'd buy the whole collection, actually. :p

The Officer Jenny with the Chatot would be my non-Pokegirl favorite. Either that, or Jessie or Delia.

Dawn and Iris.

And I'm warming up to Bianca, but she's not there.

My vote went for Misty and Cassidy. I like Misty the best of the four main girls because she's rather different compared to Iris, May and Dawn. I really liked her tomboyish attitude mixed with some girly characteristics. I still have to admit that at some point I got little bit annoyed with the whole time yelling but that wasn't so bad at all that I could have started to hate her. She also developed very deep friendship with both of the boys during their journey in the Original Series.

I don't exactly know why did I vote Cassidy and not Jessie even though I like them both as much. I think Cassidy is still a little bit cooler and she id so awesome TR member

Ash's mom.
Always making sure he wears clean underwear and such.
Also love the Mr.Mime she got!

I like May the best. When she was first introduced, she came off as kind of goofy, clumsy, and not all that bright, at least when it came to Pokemon. I like that though, it shows she has personality and charm. I like how she didn't even like Pokemon at the beginning. She had to warm up to them on her own and figure out what she wanted to do with her life. I enjoyed watching her contests too, because not only were contests far less predictable and fresher than Ash's Gym Battles, but May would display a lot of emotion when she'd lose. You could say she's a crybaby, but she is a young girl, what do you expect? I enjoy the fact that she has personality, and is a young girl who makes mistakes, but never gives up.

I don't have anything against Dawn, but she was a total opposite of May. From the first episode we learn that she is psyched about being a coordinator. She likes Pokemon right off the bat, and she knows what she wants to do with her life. To me, I found her really predictable and flat. It was somewhat annoying how she automatically knew so much at the beginning, as she was naming all sorts of different Pokemon right from the very beginning. I just never found her that interesting. She is is beauty conscious and kind, but that's about as far as her personality seems to go. Again, I don't dislike Dawn, it just seems like she was just there most of the time, similar to Orange and Johto series Misty. Another thing that irked me is how she placed second on her first Grand Festival. Overpowered much?

My second favorite already is Iris. Iris easily has the most personality of all of Ash's tag-alongs, and she is also a character that can, and will develop more in the future. She cracks me up when she teases Ash. In that she reminds me of Misty, but without all of the violent tendencies. =P

I'd say Misty is my third favorite. She started off as a great character, but became really bland after Togepi hatched. The Misty centered episodes after that point were still good, but she still never held much personality. And her always carrying Togepi was annoying.

Ash's mom.
Always making sure he wears clean underwear and such.
Also love the Mr.Mime she got!

I like Delia a lot too. She was quite funny back in the day. I wish her and 'Mimey' would show up more often.

(and finally get freaky with Pro_Oak) >.>

I like May the best. When she was first introduced, she came off as kind of goofy, clumsy, and not all that bright, at least when it came to Pokemon. I like that though, it shows she has personality and charm. I like how she didn't even like Pokemon at the beginning. She had to warm up to them on her own and figure out what she wanted to do with her life. I enjoyed watching her contests too, because not only were contests far less predictable and fresher than Ash's Gym Battles, but May would display a lot of emotion when she'd lose. You could say she's a crybaby, but she is a young girl, what do you expect? I enjoy the fact that she has personality, and is a young girl who makes mistakes, but never gives up.

Thats how i feel about May too.I liked how she decided not to follow her father footsteps not being sure what kind of career to pursue in her life with time starting to become interested in contests.Her development as coordinator had its ups and downs having to work hard experiencing several harsh loses adding realism to her quest.You could tell Ash influenced her training style quite alot serving as her mentor with time Mays character beginning to realize how she is too reliant on his help deciding how its time to move on and establish her own style as coordinator which was best showed in Wallace Cup.

I also have to say that she had more interesting rivals than Dawn did at least in my opinion.Drew and Soledad served as inspiration pushing her to go forward and Harly was hilarious.

I'd say Misty is my third favorite. She started off as a great character, but became really bland after Togepi hatched. The Misty centered episodes after that point were still good, but she still never held much personality. And her always carrying Togepi was annoying.

I disagree with that.To me Misty was just as interesting as she was before getting Togepi and im not sure from where do you get such idea?

Only difference i noticed after that with time was her temper being showed less often but you could tell she was still full of personality being interesting in Orange Islands and Johto being full of witty comments and competitive streak,with other traits which were often overshadowed by her temper being showed more often like sarcasm,her humorous side,kindness and determination etc.
I actually welcome that she got Togepi because it helped her to develop becoming more patient with others with more depth being given to her character being step toward her maturity.

As a matter of fact now that i think about it Misty actually got much better treatment in Orange and even Johto compared to Kanto.,She helped Ash beat two gym leaders Danny and Rudy giving him advices and motivation,had whole arc like Whirl Cup for her,competitions like Seaking fishing event,battled more often than she did in Kanto having some great interacting with characters gaining rivals like Sakura,fire trainer Egan,helping Brock about girl problems(for example in episode "Heartbreak of Brock"where she encouraged him to go forward),pushing Ash as trainer being like his rival when they battled for same thing like for Totodile or in Whirl tournament etc.She also got some great character development in episodes like "For Crying Out Loud" or "Some Like it Hot" per example.

Granted most of her focus came in Master Quest which makes me to start suspecting how other members of writing staff tried to redeem for mistakes mr.Shudo did with Misty.It can be noticed how after he left she suddenly gets whole arc for herself,more character focused episodes with writers doing something with her story and dream.Unfortunately that focus came too late and it was too little with writers not having enough time to expand on Misty plots with decision of character getting replaced being already made.

Shame because she definitely had/has potential and could have been developed much more than what she got.
In terms of screen time and development she unfortunately didnt received enough.

Last edited:
So I've been looking through the poll results and it honestly doesn't surprise me much. I know this is only a small sampling size of the overall fandom, but on other forums the poll results usually wind up the same anyway.

Funnily enough, looking at the poll it almost brings back fandom memories from the AG days, and what the general consensus was back then. In reality its no surprise the way the show continued in its current direction.

I suppose the only reason Iris has the least votes is people "used up" their votes already and didn't realize they could vote for more than one. Either that or they don't feel as attached to her yet.

Definitely Jessie. It's because of her fiery personality, and the fact that she can be badass, yes vulnerable.

Plus the fact that Megumi Hayashibara, Rachael Lillis, and Michele Knotz (when she's being a bit more serious) did/do an amazing job of voicing her helps.

Musashi will always be my favorite female character. Nobody will ever replace her.

Could someone please post the japanese names of the girls cause some of your replies i don't know because i never heard the japanese names till now... but mine is and always will be misty...I just wish she would reappear in the series from time to time. I mean brock came back! Why not misty!?

Could someone please post the japanese names of the girls cause some of your replies i don't know because i never heard the japanese names till now... but mine is and always will be misty...I just wish she would reappear in the series from time to time. I mean brock came back! Why not misty!?

Brock came back originally because Tracey was short-lived only because they feared Brock's eyes wouldn't catch on with American audiences.

Misty on the other hand was successfully replaced with 3 female protagonists who all have huge fanbases. There was never any reason for the writers to focus on Misty again, which is why after those few re-appearances in AG she stopped appearing entirely.

Brock came back originally because Tracey was short-lived only because they feared Brock's eyes wouldn't catch on with American audiences.

Misty on the other hand was successfully replaced with 3 female protagonists who all have huge fanbases. There was never any reason for the writers to focus on Misty again, which is why after those few re-appearances in AG she stopped appearing entirely.

Oh, I see. Well, I would still like to see misty once more, just to see what she's doing now. You know, is she getting along better with her sisters? Is she even more of a formitable gym leader? did she ever travel and catch new water types? I'm just so curious about her, ya know?

Oh, I see. Well, I would still like to see misty once more, just to see what she's doing now. You know, is she getting along better with her sisters? Is she even more of a formitable gym leader? did she ever travel and catch new water types? I'm just so curious about her, ya know?

The character hasn't been around for an entire decade almost and Best Wishes is a clean slate.

Since Misty didn't appear in DP back when they still acknowledged the past, I doubt she will during BW's clean slate status. Kanto won't be remake in the games anymore so she's too old now.

The discussion of whether or not Kasumi/Misty will come back to the show is not relevant to the topic.

From these characters my fav is Dawn! Strong character with a lot of evolution!
My favorite girl character are Lyra, bianca and Zoey!

Back
Top Bottom