• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite 'Healthy' Foods - What Tips Can You Share?

Legacy

Reader and Writer
Reaction score
So, at a certain point of all our lives, I believe eating healthy becomes an important issue, even for those of us who are young or have incredible metabolisms, etc.

Eating healthy isn't just about weight gain/weight loss, it's about overall health. It simply isn't that great for us to only eat cakes, cookies, burgers, sauce-laden dishes, etc. Sometimes eating healthy sucks! I for one struggle with it from time to time, but I was hoping we could all share some tips or food choices that would be deemed healthy.

For me, the issue is always that when I eat, I want to ENJOY what I'm eating, and let's be honest... sometimes eating a plain salad or nothing but vegetables is boring and not enjoyable at all. So what tips or special foods do you go to when it's time to "eat healthy?"

Here are some of my ideas/foods:

For weight loss, I've had some success with "the caveman" diet, during which I eat only things like lean meats, eggs, salads, nuts and protein shakes during that particular day. It is basically the "low-carb" diet. It certainly isn't the most enjoyable, but I really enjoy bacon and eggs, so that keeps me happy. I also only do it maybe 5 days out of the week, during the other 2 days, I allow myself to eat normally. Surprisingly, according to what I've read, it's carbs and overall calories, not necessarily fat, that makes us put on weight.

Another tip I have is to replace bread on your sandwiches with whole wheat bread instead of white. White bread, in my opinion, is disgusting anyway (like eating a flavorless bit of sponge or something), but I know many people enjoy it. Wheat bread is just so much hardier and tastier... and also healthier because whole grain beats processed flour any day! Try it!

I love fruits like pineapple and strawberries. Broccoli is okay with a little bit of cheese sauce :) I like skim milk and I LOVE vanilla soy milk.

I'd suggest going vegan. I'm now a vegan and trust me it's about as hard as breathing. There are people who lost an incredible amount of weight, became much healthier, and felt much better after they became vegan. There are also delicious and healthier alternatives for meat and animal products. Even just cutting down on animal products can save your health.

29436_vegan_chocolate_cake_620.jpg
Drool over this beastly vegan cake:evil:!​

Going with what Laven said, I've been vegetarian for two years now and I've lost a lot of weight. My favorite healthy food is soy meat. As disgusting as people make it seem, it's amazing and it doesn't taste exactly like whatever your eating but it's pretty darn close.

I pretty much eliminated soda from my diet, even diet sodas (I dislike artificial sweeteners; I haven't tried the monkfruit based one yet, but stevia reminds me of baby aspirin.) Also went for whole grains in both my sandwich bread and cereal. I'll have a soda every once in a while, but not every day.

My father eats vegetables since he had an angiography. Turnips, fresh beans, carrots, brocolli, spinach are his favourites. I have noticed that he has lost most of his weight after he got used to of eating vegetables. Not only that but his HB level has risen upto a very good level.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom