• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Hoenn Legendary

Which one is the best?

• Rayquaza

Votes: 94 29.0%
  • Kyogre

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Groudon

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • Regirock

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Regice

Votes: 10 3.1%
  • Registeel

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Latios

Votes: 25 7.7%
  • Latias

Votes: 40 12.3%
  • Jirachi

Votes: 40 12.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 32 9.9%

• Total voters
Rayquaza. Hands down. One of the best dragon types. Cool shiny form. Just freakin' awesome!
Also one of my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Man, that's tough, because I love all Hoenn legendaries. But I'm going with Deoxys, with Rayquaza coming in a close second.

Jirachi was my absolute faaaaavorite. I was stoked to get that from the bonus disk that came with my copy of Colosseum.

Mine is Kyogre, as Water is my favorite type, it has a cool backstory, and Drizzle is a great Ability that makes sense given said backstory, unlike, say, the Sinnoh's Creation Trio's Pressure. That being said, I also really like Latios, Latias, and Groudon.

That is an ooold thread :)

Kyogre for me, Sapphire was my first game and I loved the Calm Mind/Surf/Thunder/Ice Beam moveset. Rain + Surf/Thunder was just too good for 7-8 year old me.

The design is awesome too, and Pokemon GO blessed me with a shundo too. So yeah, all over favorite legendary.

this is such a hard choice BUT i think i'm gonna go with groudon. that dude is just so cool, and i'm pretty fond of the ground type. funny though, i originally preferred kyogre and played sapphire because of the ocean, but i decided to get omega ruby when the remakes were released for a different experience and ended up falling in love with groudon

I think if you know me well enough then you already know my answer — the Regi trio reign supreme. If I had to pick just one, I think maybe Registeel slightly edges out the other two... only slightly.

But to give an answer I haven't given a hundred times before, I think Rayquaza is pretty cool; though it's mainly because Emerald was my first game, so I have a bit of a soft spot for it. And if Mythicals count, then Deoxys (Defense Forme).

Both Lati@s, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Regice are my top favorites. Though if I had to pick just one, or rather two in this case, then the Eon duo edge out. Both are cute and cool, plus I was just very happy to get them for free in ORAS when I was unable to get them in the original RSE, so my bias on that affects it too.

I love the Regis solely for how difficult if is to obtain them without using any guides or anything similar.

However, Sapphire was my first game ever and Kyogre my first legendary while all my friends had Groudon, so it made him somewhat unique and I will prefer him over the other gen 3 legendaries because of that.

have to go with kyogre. all of the other legends are really cool, but i just have a special fondness for kyogre. can't really explain it.

Can I just say basically all of em? I really do love basically most of gen 3's legendaries. Probably the best set of legendaries.

Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza are iconic and really well designed. Probably the most evenly great box trio. They're simultaneously menacing yet funny and endearing.

The Regis are also pretty iconic and they get a lot of bonus points for their funny anime cries.

Latias and Latios are really sleek and simultaneously cool and cute.

So yeah I have a weird fascination with gen 3's legendaries. But if I had to do just one out of all of em, uhhhhhhh for now I'll say Latias. I like her aesthetic and color scheme. The others are really close behind though.

Back
Top Bottom