• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda hims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda

Although I highly doubt there is anything to be discovered through these images besides the artifact-making-patterns of several major media players, the idea that the silhouette came from the original image and was only edited through brightness/contrast settings is not a crazy idea. If darkened enough, it is the simplest way to make a "shadow" looking picture. I don't believe there would be anything significant left, as shown by the fact the most we can come up with is a few vague shapes and blobs, but... yeah.

Re: First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda

Well, from the picture it seems that there is a arm in the middle :eh:

and that looks like a spike in chest?! more evolutions of lucario perhaps that'll be awesome of mr.z

I already said we probably are grasping at straws, but it really does look like something. But both sides have a point. I was going over the edits today and I found two places that look like an eye, and they both work. So, yeah, until we see the picture we don't know for sure.

But when we do see it... expect me to compare them.

This is what we call "trying to find something out of nothing".

... >_> *hides*

I like to think of it as a delightful encounter with irony.

All this Thermal imaging/contrast resetting/editing is making for some awesome speculation orgasms.

I love you, Bulbagarden. <3

From what I can see in the actual silhouette, I'm going to bet on this new Poke to be canine in design, though I'm not throwing my chips down on a Lucario/Mightyena evolution just yet.

I feel inclined to say that Zigzagoon is the traditional "First Route Rodent" of the Third Generation, on par with Rattata, Sentret, and Bidoof. We are pretty unlikely to get an evolution for it, since these are staple patterns. We have never gotten a new evolution for an Early Rodent/Bird Pokemon, and I feel the need to say that it's highly unlikely we ever will.

That being said, I love Furret and Linoone, so if I'm dead wrong I'll at least be happy to see a bigger, meaner Linoone.

First thoughts were Sonic+Lucario+SuperSaiyan3.

I would love if the new pokemon turned out to be a Smeargle evolution. <3

I wish it were the 27th already!!! On an unrelated note, anyone wanna help start a petition that will allow us to give GF ideas on new Pokemon?

When release is this year in japan, you have no chance, they likely have all pokemon design done.

Of course all the designs are already done.
Pffffffffffffffff games are coming out in >10 months. Now is the time for blatant advertising, shameless marketing, and whirlwinds of hype, speculation, disappointment, and GLORIOUS EXCITEMENT.

IF evolutions have to happen (I still have my fingers crossed for a Generation III-style reboot) I'd love for this thing to be an evolution of Sableye. Totally not because Sableye is my favourite Pokemon. How dare you accuse me of such saturated bias?

Maybe it's a Mawile evolution. The whole spiky ponytail bit could be its fake jaws.

Seems we have a few questions that won't be answered until we see it without the shadow

1.What will it be called
2.What will it's stats be
3.What Pokedex # will it have
4.Will it be a non evolved Pokemon or will it be a final evolution of a current one

I dislike spoiling things but I am afraid you're all in the wrong track.

Such silhouettes are made using a color overlay on top of the image instead of changing hue and saturation. Even if the latter happened, they would max the values thus resulting into pure white/black.

Moreover, the image was broadcast on TV (low resolution), screen captured and saved as a JPEG, which results into the well known artifacts, therefore this is just pareidolia and not leftovers of facial characteristics or limbs.

Last edited:

It looks like what happens when you stick Crawdaunt, Toxigroak and Magnezone in a blender.

The claws look like Sugimori's, though.
I'm keeping my hopes up.

Btw I hope it's not a hedgehog!

Last edited:

I say the silhouette is a Dark/fighting type Pokemon with features of a werewolf and a echidna. Not sure how this thing will effect the plot of a movie but I hope it's major and not "the director wanted him in for da lawls".

No it's not real are you serious?

Just pray their trollin'.

Looks fake as hell, sorry.

I doubt that they would be careless enough to flash around a silhouette and not realize that they left the actual artwork up on a screen just behind them.

Remember the Shaymin Sky Forme fiasco? I believe Nintendo/GF/Sugimori/God wants to keep everything as tightly under wraps as possible to prevent a repeat performance.

It is obvioulsy fake. Even if the pretended scan was real, and the artowk was there, it is so far away from the camera that it is impossible to have a zoom like that and have such a neat image. So no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom