• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda hims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda

Cool cool

Re: First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda

Yeah...I don't think you can simply lighten that Silhouette. Doesn't really work that way.

No, no. I think Ryuutakesh! and Blodsho are definitely on to something.

I tried playing with the Contrast and Levels too and more familiar features like eyes and body outlines begin to show.

With a bit of tinkering you can see some claw outlines there where the hand extends from the center of the chest outward. The eye and mouth are clearly distinguished as Ryuutakesh showed in his last picture. You can also see a faint parabolic outline near the torso.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm not the best at recreating images with my current configuration, but if someone wants to play with it, feel free.
newpokemonvbw.png

So people are calling it the next Lucario evo, Mightyena evo, some werewolf, etc. I looked at the image again and for some odd reason I wanted to connect it to Smeargle. Pokemon Z? Dark Ash clone? Copies? The tail end of that hair looks like a paint brush (then again a lot of ponytails come out that way). I could be wrong, I'm just postulating here. The paint brush is on Smeargle's tail whereas this mystery pokemon doesn't have one and Smeargle would be such a random choice to have as a centric role in the next movie. I'm doubting they're connected but it was what first came to mind.

Last edited:

Nah, nothing you find there will mean anything at all, as that's in no way a high-quality image of the silhouette you're using as a base--it's a computer screenshot taken from a TV-tunneling program (which beyond that quite possibly was saved by someone else after uploading it who re-uploaded it themselves after saving it as something like .jpg or .gif without thinking about how that would affect the quality at all, and even if not may not have been saved in a format for high-quality like .png).

In other words... What you've got there is far from the actual image that was displayed, due to all of the processing and re-processing that's been done on it from the moment it was originally saved (even if the stream was very high quality and it was saved as .PNG, lots of the actual true color and information would have still been lost, causing what you see, along with the lighting in the Pokemon Sunday studio making the computer process some of the black on the image as "off-blacks"). Thus anything that shows up when you try processing it even further, like through Contrast and Levels, will be coincidental at best, especially since it most likely really was just a silhouette (as it makes no sense to go with just some darkened version of the original image, as that's risking things like having people like us figure it out, and, if Pokemon Sunday has an audience, a member of that audience having the right lighting to see something. Since they're trying to hide it, it would only make sense to play it safe and actually make sure it's hidden and use a silhouette) in the first place.

True, but:

A) Who said they had to keep it a secret or not do something as subtle as that? Even with the monitors showing close-ups, I doubt an audience member would have the opportunity to notice it in the excitement (not to mention that they don't get a still image). For all we know, they could have sent out two versions and that could be what they want us to think. What a great mindfuck.

B) I'll agree that lower quality does that, but isn't it a little too coincidental that - now that it seems we're on the same page - we're seeing these rather specific shapes and features in their (seemingly) appropriate locations. It seems the only thing we can't yet agree on is the left arm (for the record, last night, I noticed the claws for it and believe it's mostly overlapping the ponytail).

C) Even if we're wrong, let us have our fun. At this point, even I know it's a stretch, but would you rather everyone start debating Lucario vs. Zigzagoon? At least it gives us something to do until the 21st, and you know what they say about idle hands....

Uh,... they fight with pogeymanz! O=<

EDIT: Crap! My photoshop trial ran out. I'll have to work on my version at school tomorrow. TT_TT

Last edited:

True, but:

A) Who said they had to keep it a secret or not do something as subtle as that? Even with the monitors showing close-ups, I doubt an audience member would have the opportunity to notice it in the excitement (not to mention that they don't get a still image). For all we know, they could have sent out two versions and that could be what they want us to think. What a great mindfuck.
As I explained though, why would they risk it? An actual silhouette would prevent that. There's no reason they would use anything but an actual silhouette.

B) I'll agree that lower quality does that, but isn't it a little too coincidental that - now that it seems we're on the same page - we're seeing these rather specific shapes and features in their (seemingly) appropriate locations. It seems the only thing we can't yet agree on is the left arm (for the record, last night, I noticed the claws for it and believe it's mostly overlapping the ponytail).
Nope, because you're using low-quality images and then further processing them all over the place. With all that processing, it's not surprising if familiar shapes start popping up. Combine that with the eye's tendency to "play tricks on us", or rather, to look for familiar shapes and patterns in things like clouds, flames, and so forth, and it's not surprising that we're seeing things like eyes (especially since in the case of an eye, the mind can quite easily interpret any round shape as an eye). And the arm is something that I'm not seeing on any of these images--I'm just seeing the same black as the mane.

C) Even if we're wrong, let us have our fun. At this point, even I know it's a stretch, but would you rather everyone start debating Lucario vs. Zigzagoon? At least it gives us something to do until the 21st, and you know what they say about idle hands....
Having fun is fine, of course fine. The problem is when is taken seriously, and other people take it seriously, and it becomes a rumor that starts spreading across the web (like that bag with Mightyena and Tangrowth, which probably means nothing as that's not how GameFreak or anyone promotes new Pokemon).

But anyway, yeah, sorry. that's pretty much just how I am; if I see something inaccurate/not quite right, I point it out. As long as it stay's fun, though..

Still seems a bit of a stretch with that face. I'll agree on the other shapes being stretches, since we can't agree on the shape there, but the eye and mouth are clearly there. Right where they would be. It doesn't look awkward or anything. And the pixel pattern there doesn't appear anywhere else in the image. That is an eye, and that is a mouth. Don't agree. Fine. Ignore us. Let's meet for lunch on the 21st.

His eye is on his manry bane with a ponytail.

Trust me people.

As I explained though, why would they risk it? An actual silhouette would prevent that. There's no reason they would use anything but an actual silhouette.

I understand where you're coming from, but what I'm saying is why would they have to hide it? What exactly are they risking? The general look of a new Pokemon that people will still have to tune in to Pokemon Sunday on the 21st to see if it's right/wrong (can't hurt the ratings)? Even it's exact coloration is in the air, as the best that someone (or at least I) could be able to pull out would be in grayscale. We'd still have so many unanswered questions.

Nope, because you're using low-quality images and then further processing them all over the place. With all that processing, it's not surprising if familiar shapes start popping up. Combine that with the eye's tendency to "play tricks on us", or rather, to look for familiar shapes and patterns in things like clouds, flames, and so forth, and it's not surprising that we're seeing things like eyes (especially since in the case of an eye, the mind can quite easily interpret any round shape as an eye). And the arm is something that I'm not seeing on any of these images--I'm just seeing the same black as the mane.

I'll leave this part alone. Your assertion is well-reasoned and it seems that you're adamant it's all in our heads. Nothing I could say or show you will convince you differently right now.

Having fun is fine, of course fine. The problem is when is taken seriously, and other people take it seriously, and it becomes a rumor that starts spreading across the web (like that bag with Mightyena and Tangrowth, which probably means nothing as that's not how GameFreak or anyone promotes new Pokemon).

Taken seriously? I didn't know the Pokemon fandom still had that privilege. Still, even if we're completely wrong and someone happens to come here, see the images, ignore any of the discussion, and spread it (about the same astronomical odds that we'd be right and it's not solid black), it would be shut down on the 21st regardless. So what's the worry?

But anyway, yeah, sorry. that's pretty much just how I am; if I see something inaccurate/not quite right, I point it out. As long as it stay's fun, though..

It's okay, I'm that way too. Some people think I'm argumentive, but I'm just trying to correct them. D:>

Just a clarification... I don't want to change this without being pretty certain, but does anyone else think the title is supposed to be "hints?"

As with Shiron, I'm very skeptical about that silhouette actually having any clearly visible parts. Sorry to sound mean, pals, but I think you're more likely to see those features because you want to see 'em right there. Even I started seeing that eye when you mentioned it but that was 'cause I was looking at that spot while assuming there would really be an eye over there. No way I could have been able to spot that on my own even if I'd wanted to. And I doubt that any silhouettes of the previously revealed Pokémon have had such "slightly visible" parts, so why would this be an exception?

Remember the insane Brawl Subspace Emissary speculation when people where interpreting the shapes of damn CLOUDS as some key hints? That speculation went waaaay overboard...

Still, let people have their fun. It's actually much better to see some (even far-out) speculation compared to just having a really dull two week period without ANY proper news.

Here's my opinion on "Wolfy." To me it seemed like the arm was there.

Wait a second. PLEASE don't tell me that is a spike on it's chest. I hope that it is something else.

Just a clarification... I don't want to change this without being pretty certain, but does anyone else think the title is supposed to be "hints?"

It's "First Gen V Pokémon revealed in Pokémon Sunday: Pokémon director Jun'ichi Masuda himself made the anticipated announcement," cut off partway.

Hay guise I can make cool alterations to the picture and claim that it means something too

whoa.png

omgwtfbbq I see an arm right there in the middle omg!!!!

(Am I doing it right?)
(Edit: augh this is the worst page-topper ever)

^win.

You can honestly blame the weirdness you get when altering the image to lots of things. The camera, the lighting, how the image of the screen was taken, file of the original image, etc etc. :/

Hay guise I can make cool alterations to the picture and claim that it means something too

omgwtfbbq I see an arm right there in the middle omg!!!!

(Am I doing it right?)
(Edit: augh this is the worst page-topper ever)

To be honest, with your image, I do actually see things.

To be honest, with your image, I do actually see things.

This is what we call "trying to find something out of nothing".

... >_> *hides*

Looks like thermal imaging. There's lots of red at the end of the ponytail thing. (OMGWTFBBQ HONOO TAIPU! SUGOI DESU!)

Yeah. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom