• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

G/S remake petition thread BBG version. If you don't post, you don't care

Ya!
I wanna have G/S remake for the DS.....
I really want to complete my pokedex in my Diamond Version....
They're some pokemon that cannot be caught in D/Pearl/Platinum where only in G/S can be caught....

Sign me up too. There's nothing I'd like to see more than the GS remakes (the remakes of the best pokemon games ever, in my opinion).

God damn it. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO MAKE A REMAKE OF G/S.

They only made Fire Red/Leaf Green as filler games for the wait until Emerald.

YES, i loved the gsc games. i remember back in 3rd and 4th rgade playing them. ive been plying pokemon for 12 years and lovin every second of it

You can put my username on there. I don't really expect it to do anything but Johto was my favorite region and I would feel dirty not contributing to fellow Johto fans.

WOW, a lot of names. From our original creator and the person heading the petition he has this to say

Yes. I am actually quite tired in how everyone says "this petition is stupid" or "u wastin' time"

To be quite honest, someone out there could say they are wasting their time for playing Pokemon. And then another person could say the first person wastes their time by collection shoes. We could keep going on forever like that, until at last we reach the Pokemon player saying the person before them is wasting their time.

More than 90% of all actions you could do could be consider by someone else as wasting time. Even someone out there could consider me posting this very post as a waste of time.

Also, I really don't care if anyone thinks this petition is stupid. Yes, I am aware we may not make a difference. Yes, I am aware this petition has its flaws. Yes, I am aware we may not get a whole lot of names. And I am probably aware to anything else negative you could say about the petition.

Though what is wrong with trying? If women didn't attempt to try to get a right to vote back in 1920, would they be allowed to vote in this past election? No. If people didn't stand up for religious freedoms, would we have that right? No. I could keep going on with points like that, though I think I have made myself clear.

I am VERY tempted to go post this on EVERY site this petition started on. I am getting annoyed with some comments I have seen, especially since I can counter some of their logic with some of my points I made.

Me speaking now, remember what he said. People if you don't want it, don't post but no point in telling us there's no point.

WOW, a lot of names. From our original creator and the person heading the petition he has this to say

Yes. I am actually quite tired in how everyone says "this petition is stupid" or "u wastin' time"

To be quite honest, someone out there could say they are wasting their time for playing Pokemon. And then another person could say the first person wastes their time by collection shoes. We could keep going on forever like that, until at last we reach the Pokemon player saying the person before them is wasting their time.

More than 90% of all actions you could do could be consider by someone else as wasting time. Even someone out there could consider me posting this very post as a waste of time.

Also, I really don't care if anyone thinks this petition is stupid. Yes, I am aware we may not make a difference. Yes, I am aware this petition has its flaws. Yes, I am aware we may not get a whole lot of names. And I am probably aware to anything else negative you could say about the petition.

Though what is wrong with trying? If women didn't attempt to try to get a right to vote back in 1920, would they be allowed to vote in this past election? No. If people didn't stand up for religious freedoms, would we have that right? No. I could keep going on with points like that, though I think I have made myself clear.

I am VERY tempted to go post this on EVERY site this petition started on. I am getting annoyed with some comments I have seen, especially since I can counter some of their logic with some of my points I made.

Me speaking now, remember what he said. People if you don't want it, don't post but no point in telling us there's no point.

Your point has no basis. You're critizing the ones who don't support you comparing them (us) to people that says some activity is a waste on time, like if we were saying playing Pokémon GS and wanting a remake of it is a waste of time. But we're not saying that. We're saying that it's a waste of time because it's unlikely that Nintendo will do a remake just because some one told them, they'll do whatever they want whenever they want. So you're hitting the wrong spot.

What I believe he was saying is that people have been criticizing the petition because they believe that nintendo won't listen but in reality a lot of actions that people do can be in someone else's opinion to be a waste of time. Basically we're saying just don't post negatively. If you decide it's stupid your choice is don't post or post but be really negative. The original Yanmega Owns got really fed up cause our official website got hacked and shut down by a guy saying that it was a waste of time.

P.S. That speech that you quoted isn't mine, Veggietable. It's from the original Yanmega Owns

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyseyesye.... oh wait theres a typo...=)

yes. that would be cool. wasnt that the generation where you would max out you effort values to somthing in the 500's? If so, definatley yes, and anther good idea: they should make it for the Wii, and it would really be cool if you could travel between regions and beat the different contests and gyms and pokemon leages. traveling to orre a few years after XD would be pretty cool...

Even if internet petitions don't really work, I'd like my name put down because I REALLY want GS remakes more than I have ever wanted any pokemon game.

yes. that would be cool. wasnt that the generation where you would max out you effort values to somthing in the 500's? If so, definatley yes, and anther good idea: they should make it for the Wii, and it would really be cool if you could travel between regions and beat the different contests and gyms and pokemon leages. traveling to orre a few years after XD would be pretty cool...

LOL, it's a re-make of an existing game WITH AN EXISTING SETTING AND PLOT, not a brand new one. If you want all regions to be featured, have Pokémon contests and more tha none League, that's not Pokémon GS. It could be a great MMORPG Pokémon game, it could even be the best Pokémon game ever, but still, that WOULDN'T be a GS remake. Still, making it in total 3-D and have it for Wii would be very nice <3

And of course, if they did a remake, they'd addapt the new mechanics (natures, EV's, abilities) so the 500 EV's thing would be left out (LOL, you wanted a lot of changes for the ramake, but the only one that could really happen, you wanted it to stay as it was. How contradictory XD).

People, even if it is a waste of time, the thirty seconds it takes to sign isn't going to be spectacularly helpful doing anything else. You've wasted more time arguing about if its a waste of time, actually.

If you want one, post; if you don't, don't. Simply put. Whether or not it helps, who cares. Think of this like a poll, if that suits you better.

And, yes, I do want one. 2nd gen was my favorite.

Clarification

LOL, it's a re-make of an existing game WITH AN EXISTING SETTING AND PLOT, not a brand new one. If you want all regions to be featured, have Pokémon contests and more tha none League, that's not Pokémon GS. It could be a great MMORPG Pokémon game, it could even be the best Pokémon game ever, but still, that WOULDN'T be a GS remake. Still, making it in total 3-D and have it for Wii would be very nice <3

And of course, if they did a remake, they'd addapt the new mechanics (natures, EV's, abilities) so the 500 EV's thing would be left out (LOL, you wanted a lot of changes for the ramake, but the only one that could really happen, you wanted it to stay as it was. How contradictory XD).

Yes, alright. The EV's staying at 500ish would be highly inpractical, but I guess what I meant was if like after you beat the Johto League, you can, after you have been to Kanto, have basically multiple games put together into one. Mabey at different settings than when the regions where orriginally playable occured, but... Just imagine starting your adventure in johto like normal and going to Kanto... like normal; And then when the game starts to get boring and there is nothing else to do because you have already done everything .... BAM! There is all the suddon a big expansion to the original games in where you can go to hoen, sinnoh and orre. Notice, I said EXPANSION. And they may or may or may not be exactly the time the regions occured in their orriginal games. Oh, and expansion because I know the Wii is a very complicated game system that can store soooo much more data than anything you can hold in your hand. Let me put this in perspective: Imagine a lvl 100 shuckle with benificial nature and maxed EV's using power trick, owning a Lvl 1 Sunkern... Personaly, I think its not in a Wii's capability to support only johto and kanto. its just too small for such and advanced and capable game system. which is why they should make the origianal two region game and people who want only a remake of G/S with better graphics. I am only proposing that it might... most likley would be possible to put more than just the original two regions into a possible remake.....A remake with nothing else would be just as nice, though.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom