• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

Well, now that we have an actual poodle, I don't see the Swirlix thing very likely at all.

I didn't think those long things would be the poodles ears...but I guess it makes sense, when you catch it it''s overgrown in fur and looks messy because it's wild :p

The fur ability seems pretty neat on the dogmon.

X mewtwo looks awesome.
Not sold on any of the starters mid forms.

Fennekin's evo is a bi-ped, eh? I'm being serious when I say I want Fennekin to evolve into a Fire/Fighting type, it's my favorite type combo and it almost feels like a tradition to me. 8U But Fire/Psychic would be neat, too.

Mega Mewtwo X has really grown on me, just by today, something Mega Mewtwo Y never did (and probably won't for a long time).

I honestly don't know how I feel about the starters atm, but chances are I'll warm up to them. I had mixed feelings on Megas when they first popped up, but now I really like the idea.

Although I'm rather puzzled as to why Fennekin's evolution has a stick in its tail.

The new cat Pokemon looks great as well. Differentiating appearances as well as movepools has never been done before. GF have cooked up some really neat ideas this Gen.

Because apperantly the final evolution is based off a witch, its supposed to be a broom.

A dinosaur possibly having access to Draco Meteor is deliciously ironic.

When does the site usually update? I still feel like I can't judge everything all that well with the poor quality scans.

Whenever Corocoro officially comes out.

It usually updates the day before Corocoro releases/the Japanese site. So Friday I would say. It could update tomorrow, but I won't be expecting to happen.

Friday seems so far away :s

I'll hope for clearer scans then.

I can see them updating tomorrow (Seeming the last few months it's updated like 2/3 days before release, which would be tomorrow) but not all the information (Like Mewtwo's second Megalution) then after Smash on Sunday reveal whatever is left.

It's fluffy, yes, but not dog like at all in my opinion.

It's Japanese name, Peropuff. Pero is a very popular/stereotypical name for dogs in Japan. It'd be like it's English name being Fidopuff or Poochypuff.

So, by my calculations we've had around 34 Pokemon revealed, which I'm hoping is just a quarter of what we can expect, bringing the Kalos dex to around 130.

I can only see more Pokemon being revealed very close to release. As in we won't get many more official reveals, I don't think.

I think you shouldn't hope for more than 110, at best, unless you want to be disappointed. 100~110 new Pokémon + Megalutions seems to be the likely scenario imo.

I think you shouldn't hope for more than 110, at best, unless you want to be disappointed. 100~110 new Pokémon + Megalutions seems to be the likely scenario imo.

I really doubt that we'll be getting around only 70 new Pokemon and 30ish Mega Evolutions. That would mean we've seen about half of both.

I really doubt that we'll be getting around only 70 new Pokemon and 30ish Mega Evolutions. That would mean we've seen about half of both.

That is not what I said. I am saying that we may get 100~110 new Pokémon, not counting Megalutions.

100~110 new Pokémon + 40~50 Megas sounds like a fine number to me.

I absolutely adore Amarusu. It's going to be gorgeous. My new Ice Type member straight away. I hope it becomes really really big.

That is not what I said. I am saying that we may get 100~110 new Pokémon, not counting Megalutions.

100~110 new Pokémon + 40~50 Megas sounds like a fine number to me.

Ah.

For the record:

These are the numbers for the past three generations comparing Pokemon revealed prior to release compared to the total new ones in the generation.

Gen 3 36/135 (25%)

Gen 4 30/107 (28%)

Gen 5 54/156 (35%)

Gen 6 36/??? if Megas don't count. 48/??? if they do.

So if we're staying by the 35% margin that would mean we'll get roughly 103 new Pokemon excluding Megas. Seems about right.

There is no pattern, but seeing that Gen III had 36 Pokémon revealed prior to release and the generation introduced 135 Pokémon, maybe the same will happen to Gen VI. I hope not, though. 135 new Pokémon, not counting Megas, would be quite the exaggeration... Unless there are 100 new Pokémon and 35 Megas or 110 new Pokémon and 25 Megas. Or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom